Home General Discussion

California Herf!!!

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    March is not a good herf month for me this year as the 19th I'll be in Vegas for the Madness. As for tomorrow, I'll have to play it by ear, my daughter's asthma has really kicked up and it's been 12 sleepless nights and some very long days. If I can get out there, I will as I so desperately need it.
    Sorry to hear about your daughter Todd, I hope she's feeling better soon. Some of us will be there tomorrow if you can make it, if not... I've asked some of the guys about herfing at your house, and if you're still up for it come April or May, it sounds like a great idea.
    Joe, I really am trying to make it tomorrow as it is really needed. April or May sounds good to me, whatever works best. Like I said, my humi and rum cabinet will be open for those that come down.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    j0z3r:
    Maybe Saturday can be kind of a mini herf. How about we do the real thing on the 19th? That gives plenty of time.
    Nice mini herf yesterday. See you guys in two weeks.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Just a reminder here, one week until herf time.

And a bit of trivia for the Socal guys. What is this? Be specific.

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:

Looks like mint. Mint pilfered from Rosa's maybe?
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:

Hmm, yes and no...what it is now is less important than what it's going to be.
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:

For medicinal use only?
  • TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:

Mojito in process...
    leonard:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:

For medicinal use only?
    Indeed.
    Mmm...Mojito. Carne asada. My cigars are packed.
    Russ55:
    Think you're gonna be able to make it Sat? Did I just jinx you? lol. The mint should be good to go in about a month or so, perfect timing with the next herf.
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Think you're gonna be able to make it Sat? Did I just jinx you? lol. The mint should be good to go in about a month or so, perfect timing with the next herf.
    Joe, I am going to have to substitute a Casa Fuente Mojito in place of your Mojito on Saturday. I can already tell I will be disappointed......
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Haha. I don't think so. I'm going to get a jump on the stuff I need to do early in the week, so I should be fine by the weekend. Hopefully.
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Joe, I am going to have to substitute a Casa Fuente Mojito in place of your Mojito on Saturday. I can already tell I will be disappointed......
    Well, I hear the serving women make up for it. I've been working on my mojitos, and I think they're better now than they were before, so come April everything should be perfect.
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Well, I hear the serving women make up for it. I've been working on my mojitos, and I think they're better now than they were before, so come April everything should be perfect.
    Perfect sounds good, just don't serve them wearing a short mini skirt with a low cut top; that just wouldn't be right........
    TGO:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:

Mojito in process...
    I completely missed this post, and yes Tim you almost nailed it word for word. Love the warmer weather, mojitos make sense again.
    Possible rain. Who's going today?
    leonard:
    Possible rain. Who's going today?
    I am gonna be there around 11:00 or 12:00 for a few hours! They say 30% chance of rain... looks higher but could be less LOL I missed the last herf so I am wearing my rain gear and maning up
    I'm gonna be there. Rain or shine Leonard, you know how we roll.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    I'll be there
    I'm packing up now.
  • on my way...

Got here early LOL
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Someone take a photo!
    One God, One Truth
    I had a bottle of Zaya 12 year rum at the herf...had being the operative word as Andre was kind enough to kill it for me.

j0z3r:
    I had a bottle of Zaya 12 year rum at the herf...had being the operative word as Andre was kind enough to kill it for me.

LMAO!!! Nice! That rum was fantastic Joe! Just wish I could have stuck around to see Andre kill the bottle... I think we should call him "Andre the bottle killer" from now on LOL. Great herf today as is par for our So Cal herf (the longest running monthly CCom herf without any sponsorship or formal recognition... but then we are all in it for the nic buzz and the good times :)
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Count me in as soon as I get back from Afghanistan!! I have a couple guys here with me that also live locally and would liek to attend. May will be our return Month. All of us have said we wanted to get home and have a celebratory stogie together. I couldn't pick a better group or time to herf it up!
    We would be glad to have you Jr. Be safe and come home, we'll save you a spot.
    jr_p951:
    Count me in as soon as I get back from Afghanistan!! I have a couple guys here with me that also live locally and would liek to attend. May will be our return Month. All of us have said we wanted to get home and have a celebratory stogie together. I couldn't pick a better group or time to herf it up!
    Right on jr_p! It would be an honor to sit and smoke with our returning patriots!!! God speed and keep you all safe until you return!
    TGO:
    Another good herf!