Home General Discussion

California Herf!!!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    April is here and so it's time for the countdown to the next herf to begin. This month, Todd (bandyt09) has graciously offered to host at his house in Lake Forest on April 9th or 16th, and so far the 16th seems to be the best choice for all involved. What do you guys think?

Also, I will be heading down to Old Town tomorrow to enjoy some cigars and fine Mexican food. Anyone care to join me?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    April is here and so it's time for the countdown to the next herf to begin. This month, Todd (bandyt09) has graciously offered to host at his house in Lake Forest on April 9th or 16th, and so far the 16th seems to be the best choice for all involved. What do you guys think?

Also, I will be heading down to Old Town tomorrow to enjoy some cigars and fine Mexican food. Anyone care to join me?
    For those that can make it, I am also opening my humi and rum cabinet.

Joe, unfortunately i will be ripping out a hedge and other yard work tomorrow or I would be there.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    ... I really wanted to make the April herf but looks like I cant make the 16th. Ill be in Vegas.
  • j0z3r:

I'll join ya tomorrow, and I'll bring ya a Blue Steel since I know you favor them... still resting that Cohiba you handed out! Name the time!

Gonna try to get off on the 16th to make Lake Forest.

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I should be able to make it on the 16th.
    No worries Todd, hope the weather is mild for your yard work. And really, you don't have to rip out hedges to make room for the herf, we can squeeze in wherever. Wink [;)]

Drpepper cool, see ya there. TIM is going to try and make it too. I appreciate the offer of the Blue Steel, but I'd say save it for yourself, I've got 13 resting right now of the torpedos and a few others in other sizes, so really I've got plenty, thanks though. I will probably be looking to get there around noon.
    j0z3r:
    No worries Todd, hope the weather is mild for your yard work. And really, you don't have to rip out hedges to make room for the herf, we can squeeze in wherever. Wink [;)]

Drpepper cool, see ya there. TIM is going to try and make it too. I appreciate the offer of the Blue Steel, but I'd say save it for yourself, I've got 13 resting right now of the torpedos and a few others in other sizes, so really I've got plenty, thanks though. I will probably be looking to get there around noon.
    Well, the ripped out hedges were going to be used to roll the cigars that will go in my humi so when you guys come over and raid it, I really won't be losing anything, LOL.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:

Well, the ripped out hedges were going to be used to roll the cigars that will go in my humi so when you guys come over and raid it, I really won't be losing anything, LOL.
    LOL!
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:

That doesn't seem like nearly enough time to properly ferment it. I'm cool with smoking azaleas, I just like to know they been put through the maduro process first.
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:

That doesn't seem like nearly enough time to properly ferment it. I'm cool with smoking azaleas, I just like to know they been put through the maduro process first.
    They are actually going to be more of a candela version with lots of wood, grass and hints of evergreen. AJ ain't gonna have nothing on me........
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:

They are actually going to be more of a candela version with lots of wood, grass and hints of evergreen. AJ ain't gonna have nothing on me........
    Now you're talking. Lol
  • TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Way ahead of you guys :)image
    TGO:
    Tim, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!
    bandyt09:
    TGO:
    Tim, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!
    LOL Todd... don't be a player hater :)
    TGO:
    bandyt09:
    TGO:
    Tim, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!
    What do you mean, I saw the cigar and was complementing you on your ability............
    bandyt09:
    TGO:
    bandyt09:
    TGO:
    Tim, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!
    What do you mean, I saw the cigar and was complementing you on your ability............
    Right on! :)
    Great day and some very tasty cigars. Glad spring is here, perfect herfing weather.
  • good cigars, good company, and some strange characters today. Looking forward to the main event (if I can make it).

• leonardleonard Posts: 359
    j0z3r:

Ive got good news and bad news. The bad news is I have plans on the 16th. The good news is I will be in Orange County on the 16th. I should be able to stop by for the herf. Todd, can you pm me your addy. Thanks.
    leonard:
    j0z3r:

Ive got good news and bad news. The bad news is I have plans on the 16th. The good news is I will be in Orange County on the 16th. I should be able to stop by for the herf. Todd, can you pm me your addy. Thanks.
    Addy PM'd to you Leonard
    That brings up an important point. Whoever is coming will obviously need Todd's address, rather than pass it around like herpes, anyone who is going to make it to the herf should PM Todd and get his info...that's right, you have to ask for your herpes. Big Smile [:D]
    j0z3r:
    That brings up an important point. Whoever is coming will obviously need Todd's address, rather than pass it around like herpes, anyone who is going to make it to the herf should PM Todd and get his info...that's right, you have to ask for your herpes. Big Smile [:D]
    Damn, just like high school all over again. Oh wait, that was acne....yeah acne.

Seriously Joe, who on here DOESN'T have my address, LOL. It's on return address labels all over the forums............

Yeah, whoever needs it go ahead and PM me.
    Lol..I actually don't think I have your address...I never was part of the "in crowd".
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    WTT - STDs (Not the AIDS kind)

I think I only have your old address Todd. The 16th is then confirmed as the date?
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    I am almost positive I can make the 16th. Not interested in the Trade though. :I
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Sorry guys as much as I'd like to make it on the 16th I just can't. I will be down the weekend of Easter on Saturday the 23rd if any of you are getting together just shoot me a PM and let me know. Hope to herf with you guys again soon.
    j0z3r:
    Lol..I actually don't think I have your address...I never was part of the "in crowd".
    Well geez Joe, that kind of puts me in a predictament. I will need to check with the others "those that are 'in'" and if they agree I can PM you my addy, otherwise you will have to get creative (shhhh, bribe me) and find the addy yourself..........
    So here we are, 6 days and change left until the herf. Just a reminder to those who are going to make it. Be there or be a four sided, equilateral polygon (with 4 ninety degree angles, for you rhombus lovers (and don't even start about how a square is a rhombus, that's going too far)).
  • j0z3r:
    So here we are, 6 days and change left until the herf. Just a reminder to those who are going to make it. Be there or be a four sided, equilateral polygon (with 4 ninety degree angles, for you rhombus lovers (and don't even start about how a square is a rhombus, that's going too far)).

Whoa man. Geometric shapes and laws aside, that's an abuse of parantheses, even if you did close them correctly. How about some square brackets and curly brackets to break things down? Now drop down and give me 40 Escher drawings. :p

In other news, I won't make it to the herf on account of work. Have a good time and travel safe!

So who all is going to make it? We need a count for food. So sound off here if you're going. And anyone who doesn't have Todd's address can pm either Todd or me to get it.