Home General Discussion

California Herf!!!

Comments

• DoubleToroDoubleToro Posts: 58
    BTW, won't be able to make it Saturday, going to the ranch and doing maintenance, so have fun down at OlTown and start planning things.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Any thoughts on doing a Subway sandwich tray, or two, Andre?
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Im good for the 14th.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Posts: 298
    I'll be at Olde Towne by noon today. Hopefully the wind doesn't kick up like it has been.

Subs sound good for the 14th; you don't have to worry about heat loss during transport. We can also all chip in with chips, nuts, salsa/dip, beverages, plates, cooler with ice etc. So we should sort that out over the week so we don't double up on supplies.

P.S. everyone bring some cash so we can repay whoever foots the initial bill for the main course.

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll contribute the chips so we don't have to worry about that.
    Thanks for today's herf everyone! TGO, j0z3r, Russ55, Garen, and Jason. Always a good time; thanks for the sticks TGO!

Guess what was at my doorstep when I got home from the herf?

My new pipe (and a stupid amount of sticks). So you know what I'll be breaking in tonight after dinner.

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a really good time. I'm glad I was able to make it. Good food, good people, and good cigars. I'm glad these happen on a Saturday, I need a day to recuperate from all that relaxing!
  • TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    Thanks for today's herf everyone! TGO, j0z3r, Russ55, Garen, and Jason. Always a good time; thanks for the sticks TGO!

Guess what was at my doorstep when I got home from the herf?

My new pipe (and a stupid amount of sticks). So you know what I'll be breaking in tonight after dinner.

LOL the pipe smokers are multiplying! I am glad Joe got me to revisit my pipe smoking efforts I had my first really good pipe on Sat... it takes some patience so don't give up Doc... I am gonna smoke another pipeload tomorrow and see if I can replicate my success from sat :)
    Russ55:
    I had a really good time. I'm glad I was able to make it. Good food, good people, and good cigars. I'm glad these happen on a Saturday, I need a day to recuperate from all that relaxing!
    I second that Russ... good folks and good times! It is always good to sit and smoke a few cigars with you guys!!!
    Looks like preparations are well under way for Sat, should go off without a hitch. Food has been figured out, and we're probably looking at $6-$8 a head. And guys, if you have some kind of comfortable chair you can bring, the accommodations are pretty spartan, so bring a chair if you've got one. We'll be picking up some bottles of soda, but feel free to bring along something if you like, we'll have a cooler and ice. Let the countdown begin.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Looks like preparations are well under way for Sat, should go off without a hitch. Food has been figured out, and we're probably looking at $6-$8 a head. And guys, if you have some kind of comfortable chair you can bring, the accommodations are pretty spartan, so bring a chair if you've got one. We'll be picking up some bottles of soda, but feel free to bring along something if you like, we'll have a cooler and ice. Let the countdown begin.
    I can bring some extra chairs (3) if that helps.
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    I can bring some extra chairs (3) if that helps.
    Tod, email for you with Addy. Tod, looking forward to seeing you there. I am PMing Russ, Garen and Doc P after this. Let me know if anyone else needs the address. The rest of the guys have already been there. COUNT DOWN IS OFFICIALLY STARTED!
    GROUP MESSAGE TO TOD, yes, we can use a few extra chairs please. RUSS, PM with addy for you. DrPepper, PM with addy for you. Garen, PM with addy for you. Should be fun and long winded, so be ready to smoke and the weather is suppose to be mid 70s, so should be good weather. Off to bed for now, but will try to be active on here. Anyone want to chat, you all know my cell .....anytime.
    Few days away now fellas. Is there anyone who doesn't know where he's going? Are we wanting for anything that hasn't come up?
    Tomorrow's the big day, hope you all are ready to send some smoke signals to our friends in Temecula.
    What's our target start time? 12:00 pm?

Everyone bring a small wad of cash so we can mug... so we can all chip in for food costs!

We are here now!!! Come on by!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Doesn't look like I'm going to make it to this one, hope you guys have fun.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    TGO:
    We are here now!!! Come on by!
    Wish I could be there brothers, I miss you guys and the shrimp burritos :(
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Sorry I couldn't make it today guys, I celebrated my birthday along with 3 other people's birthdays last night. The hangover is kicking my ass right now...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I heard the best thing for a hangover is six hours of constant smoking and shrimp burittos...
    kaspera79:
    I heard the best thing for a hangover is six hours of constant smoking and shrimp burittos...
    Or in today's case, six hours of constant smoking, pizza and rum. Come on out to California Kas, cigars are on me.
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Or in today's case, six hours of constant smoking, pizza and rum. Come on out to California Kas, cigars are on me.
    When I get there you will be the person I hope will pick me up at the airport... No Cali. plans yet, but one never knows brother.
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    When I get there you will be the person I hope will pick me up at the airport... No Cali. plans yet, but one never knows brother.
    Heck, if you make it out here Kas, I'll not only pick you up at the airport, I'll wear a chauffeur hat too. Wink [;)]
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Heck, if you make it out here Kas, I'll not only pick you up at the airport, I'll wear a chauffeur hat too. Wink [;)]
    .. Smokin' Joe's Limos.. That does have an appealing ring to it.
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    .. Smokin' Joe's Limos.. That does have an appealing ring to it.
    I like that. Career change perhaps?
    Another GREAT herf yesterday... well done Andre and everyone else... good times!!!
    Yes, thank you very much for hosting the herf Andre and for helping organize it Joe. Thanks to leonard, Joe and Andre for going through the trouble of setting up and breaking down the tables, coolers and other hardware.

Really appreciate all the sticks that were handed out and thank you to all for taking those Gurkha Titans off my hands as a meager back-atcha for sticks I will enjoy much more.

Hey Guys, You guys are all welcome for the herf last Saturday. I was on a plane at 9.30am the next morning so sorry for the delay in posting. Big thanks to Joe for coordinating all the stuff, it went real smooth. Thanks for showing up and anytime again you guys feel like doing one, just let me know. Russ, Garen and Todd, really wish you guys could have made, but understand. It will cost you a cigar for not showing, lol. Take care guys and again enjoyed the company, it was really terrific. Long Ashes to you all.
    If anyone is free this coming Saturday and feels like showing up at Old Town, I'll be there and would not mind some company.