Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Back in my bottle of Stranahans Colorado Whiskey. incredibly good whiskey. Not a lof of bite, a touch of sweetness, and a lot of mocha-ish flavors at play. Wish it wasnt so effin expensive.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i went out to a restaurant last night. if im not familiar with the bar i kinda feel them out with a Grey Goose Gimlet. this is a fairly simple drink. vodka, lime, and a splash of simple syrup. i watched the guy pour the thing. all i can say is, good thing it was Grey Goose. anything inferior would have been bad in this gimlet. it was literally a glass of vodka with the juice of one lime wedge spritzed in it. that was all.

...only charged me $8.00 though.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kuzi16:
    i went out to a restaurant last night. if im not familiar with the bar i kinda feel them out with a Grey Goose Gimlet. this is a fairly simple drink. vodka, lime, and a splash of simple syrup. i watched the guy pour the thing. all i can say is, good thing it was Grey Goose. anything inferior would have been bad in this gimlet. it was literally a glass of vodka with the juice of one lime wedge spritzed in it. that was all.

I love the Gooooose to get looooose.
  • Last night - Pampero Especial Rum to accompany a Padilla Miami Robusto on the back deck.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had a lot of beer last night! Before and during the sox game. Too much beer, ouchie - head hurt.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    moose drool on tap. Sooo good! Gonna have to order this one online though....
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:

Grey Goose on the rocks with a twist. A drink for real men.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:

its not my fault that grey goose is so freakin good.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:

I like my Goose shaken on the rocks and strained in to a glass. No ice to water it down and it stays cold for a while. Very rarely will add a bit of lime juice, but some times it just seems like the thing to do.
    ejenne87:
    kuzi16:
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:

I like my Goose shaken on the rocks and strained in to a glass. No ice to water it down and it stays cold for a while. Very rarely will add a bit of lime juice, but some times it just seems like the thing to do.
    I keep my Goose in the freezer. No need for ice or shaking. I like to drink it with just about anything and solo. What can I say I'm always up for a little Gooooose to get Loooose.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    So, I was looking for something I hadn't tried, so I picked up Sam Adam's Imperial Stout... who want's the three remaining bottles? I'm just not a stout guy. I'm more of an IPA ****... If it was colder, I'd like it, but it's so thick it doesn't stay or get cold for long. I want my beer cold, crisp, and refreshing, not room temperature and with the texture of motor oil.
  • SquatchitoSquatchito Posts: 41
    Going to the hockey game tonight, so I plan on hitting up one of the area bars before hand. They currently have all of the Mikkeller single hop IPAs on tap. I brought a couple of them into the store but didn't get a chance to try them yet. I've got my eye on the Simcoe, Warrior and Amarillo.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Back in my bottle of Stranahans Colorado Whiskey. incredibly good whiskey. Not a lof of bite, a touch of sweetness, and a lot of mocha-ish flavors at play. Wish it wasnt so effin expensive.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    Jetmech_63:
    Sorry about that-what I meant to say was that I bought a bottle of Stranahans last Christmas as my son (who lives in CO) really likes it. I gotta say, at first I really didn't like the taste much-had to cut it with some water-hated to do that, but just couldn't get it down without it. But now, I guess just like some cigars, the taste has grown on me-of course, I only have about three inches left in the bottle.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    kuzi16:
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:

I keep my Goose in the freezer. No need for ice or shaking. I like to drink it with just about anything and solo. What can I say I'm always up for a little Gooooose to get Loooose.
    Man I love Goose! Colder the better!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Dark Roast:
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    kuzi16:
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:

My first Grey Goose experience was dinner with my father-in-law (then future father-in-law) about 6 or 7 years ago. He ordered it for me and even though I hated vodka at the time, I played it off like it was my drink of choice. It's been a favorite ever since........

Smooth and tasty.......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    lilwing88:
    Dark Roast:
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    kuzi16:
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:

My first Grey Goose experience was dinner with my father-in-law (then future father-in-law) about 6 or 7 years ago. He ordered it for me and even though I hated vodka at the time, I played it off like it was my drink of choice. It's been a favorite ever since........

Smooth and tasty.......
    Yummy yummy gooooose. Gonna have some tonight
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    My English teacher always said, "Don't drink Grey Goose in class unless you brought enough for everyone..."

Just sayin'
    ejenne87:
    Sandman1am:
    My English teacher always said, "Don't drink Grey Goose in class unless you brought enough for everyone..."

Just sayin'
    You are always welcome at my house and I will share. You just have to bring a mixer and sticks.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Working my way through the last of some Elijah Craig 12 year. Dont think i'll be buying anymore, cant get past the metallic taste. Thinking of either Buffalo Trace or WT 101...old standbys that never disappoint....
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Buffalo Trace ...with Sierra Mist of course ...AAHHHH !!!
    gmill880:
    Buffalo Trace ...with Sierra Mist of course ...AAHHHH !!!

Bunch of Carona Lites watching the celts.v

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    How could you guys let this thread get so OLD????

MILLER LITE!!!!!! Suck it Trebek!
    P.S. Last night was Chivas 12 followed by Miller Lite........ Not the classiest of follow-ups.... but hey, I was playing Video Games
    edit: double post
    Lasabar:
    P.S. Last night was Chivas 12 followed by Miller Lite........ Not the classiest of follow-ups.... but hey, I was playing Video Games
    as soon as i saw your name by the thread and saw you were the last post i KNEW i was going to be reading the words "miller lite"
    this AM a double cappachino made by the mrs.... Its awewome!

Unfortunately Im out of regular coffee and need to pick some up.

fortunately I have some espresso hanging around and an espresso maker. That the MRS was willing to make for me! YEAH!!!!v

why is it that good coffee is SO good but bad coffee makes me wanna vomit? there is almost no middle ground(s) in the coffee world.

...that i can find at least.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Since I'm not much of an Alchy >_> does Faygo Cola count? I had some CB brand coffee @ work but nothing spectacular
    Hayblet:
    Since I'm not much of an Alchy >_>
    Hmmmmmm... I've been gone too long, I would have never have let you get so many posts without being an alcoholic...

I've got some work to do!