Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

The Game of Football

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok...so an update if anyone cares.....If Dallas wins, Iron Horse wins (rather simple).....If Carolina wins, either Plaid Banana or Ren Man would win depending on the score of the game. Ahhhh the football excitement, I love it. Almost as much as I hate the Bengals, Raiders, and Jets.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    oh goody, I have to rely on the team that cares more about the jumbo-tron than the head coach to win a game? I guess I just have to hope that carolina is too distracted by it and lets a couple of receivers downfield so that tony romo can fluff arm it out there to them ;)
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Ok...so an update if anyone cares.....If Dallas wins, Iron Horse wins (rather simple).....If Carolina wins, either Plaid Banana or Ren Man would win depending on the score of the game. Ahhhh the football excitement, I love it. Almost as much as I hate the Bengals, Raiders, and Jets.
    This is amazing - my guesses were pure chance - I didn't even think about it... This thing gives me food for thought... I'm going to try next game as well with pure guesses...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Renaissance_Man:
    Vulchor:
    This is amazing - my guesses were pure chance - I didn't even think about it... This thing gives me food for thought... I'm going to try next game as well with pure guesses...

Like the fat kid in dodge ball, I'm out!!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    ironhorse:
    TatuajeVI:
    omg, someone picked Detroit over Washington.
    yeahhhhh!!!!!!! all of you others that picked em are sissy's who just waited for me to jump in the pool ;)
    Hilarious that Detroit won!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    ironhorse:
    TatuajeVI:
    omg, someone picked Detroit over Washington.
    yeahhhhh!!!!!!! all of you others that picked em are sissy's who just waited for me to jump in the pool ;)
    Hilarious that Detroit won!
    Got lucky. Even with all those reasons I stated, they are still one of the worst teams in football. I picked the steelers to win in what I thought was a no brainer and they lost. I also picked oakland thinking they could beat their rivals on the home turf after almost beating sandiego. So, sometimes too much thinking can get you too! Even though thats rarely the case.....
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Is it too late to change some of my picks? LOL
  • Options
    IronHorse----You Sir are the Winner!!!! PM me your address and I will get you out something tomorrow. Again, it is a 4 stick minimum, and I can only speak for myself saying that since its only once a week and a prerrty good contest, I will try my best to make it a pretty d@mn good package. The bad news (kinda) is that it is now your turn to be the giver (no pun intended) IronHorse, and I have listed the games below. Everyone who isnt the winner from the prior week is free to play every week BTW, so I hope the game stays good.Lions at Bears...Bengals at Browns...Seahawks at Colts...Giants at Chiefs...Ravens at Patriots...Bucs at Redskins...Titans at Jaguars...Raiders at Texans...Jets at Saints...Bills at Dolphins...Rams at 49'ers...Cowboys at Broncos...Chargers at Steelers...Packers at Vikings + total score of this game.
  • Options
    First of all, I want to say thanks to Vulchor for coming up with this awesome contest. As if fantasy football isnt enough for me to watch the games, now I have cigars riding on them? Awesome.

Second, I sent you my address in a PM vulchor, if you didn't get it please let me know. I have never sent a pm before, and I am not sure if it went through.

Third, even though I am ineligible for this week, I am still going to make my picks so I can keep my hot hand going when I am eligible for week 5 so......

Bears, Bengals, Colts, Giants, Ravens, Redskins, Titans, Texans, Saints, Bills, 49'rs, Broncos, Steelers, and Packers 40 total game pts.

now, excuse me as I have to run to the gas station to pick up some backwoods and white owls for this weeks winner ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words, and LOL LOL LOL......I got yoru PM by the way, and will have those Swisher Sweets and Hav-A-Tampa's out first thing tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Man, I gotta win this week. You guys are giving out the GOOD STUFF!
  • Options
    It's gonna be Bulgarian hay day this week I am sure of it... damn Carolina!!!! ::(
  • Options
    I will go ahead and be the first to pick this week it seems, I amlost hope I dont win---since I just sent sticks to Iron Horse....but with my record, it shouldnt be a problem anyway...LOl-----Redskins, New England, Jacksonville, Houston, Bengals, Colts, Giants, Bears, Phins, Saints, 49'ers, Cowboys, Steelers, and Green Bay total 52 points.
  • Options
    Bears, Bengals, Colts, Giants, Patriota, Redskins, Titans, Texans, Saints, Bills, 49'ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Vikings (28 – 17 = 45)
  • Options
    Only JZ and I???? Where have all the football fans gone?
  • Options
    bump and maybe they are scared of the intelligent sporting minds we posses. Or Maybe they are waiting to hear all the injury report stuff before making a decision. Or maybe they don't like backwoods....haha jk. COME ON PEOPLE!!! we're playing for cigars here! you gotta be in it to win it!
  • Options
    By law of chance again here are my guesses: Lions...Bengals...Colts...Giants...Patriots...Redskins...Titans...Texans...Jets...Dolphins...49'ers...Broncos...Steelers...Packers total score of this game = 41.
  • Options
    Now Ren.....Youve picked the Lions against my Bears-----this, is not good:)
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Ok here are my picks, Bears, Bengals, Colts, Giants, Pats, Redskins, Titans, Texans, Saints, Dolphins, 49er's, Broncos, Steelers, Packers, 34-31
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Now Ren.....Youve picked the Lions against my Bears-----this, is not good:)
    Sorry.. Lions sounded more of winners to me haahahahhah
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Chicago, Cinci, Indy, Giants, Patriots, Washington, Tenn, Houston, Miami, NO, Dallas, SF, Pitt, Minny 27-17
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Only JZ and I???? Where have all the football fans gone?
    I liked those odds, but am glad more have joined in! Good luck guys!
  • Options
    wow, vulchor went above and beyond in my winners package. I was more than impressed! I will try my best to match his, but my collection isn't as extensive as I would like it. But I promise to do my best in collecting some fine sticks..........from the tree in my yard.....for this weeks winner ;)
  • Options
    Thanks Iron----feel free to post that under the good trader thread if you want.....i can use the kind words around here:)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ...aaah Vulchor, don't be so hard on yourself. We fight, we make up, we forget about it. ;}
  • Options
    Feel free to double check my work; Eliminated J Z - 9 Renaissance - 9 _________________________________________________________________________________ Leaders Vulchor - 11 (52 MNF) Kingjk729 - 11 (65 MNF) _________________________________________________________________________________ Wildcard (Needs a Vikings win to force 3 way tie) Goldy - 10 (44 MNF)
  • Options
    Feel free to double check my work;
    Eliminated
    J Z - 9
    Renaissance - 9
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    No worries, my vikes should pull though just fine.
  • Options
    Looks right to me JZ....My pool at work is $165 this week, and I win with a Packers win....so I could use this own quite a bit. On here it may come down to the points. Gotta love the NFL when going 11-1 for the week puts you line for a tie!!!!
  • Options
    I was pretty impressed with everyones pick this week!