Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Just picked up my double stack of the weekend blitz as well as the COTM package. Pretty great day as far as cigars go for me :-)
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I started out the day kind of pissed at work, typical Monday crap, then a co-worker gave me a Cohiba Red Dot Toro as a thank you for all of my work the past month.

I got home and there were 2 packages on the door step one from bandyt09 containing a mail bomb of six 2 year+ Gurkha Centurians (Thank you very much Todd) and a second package from CCOM.
    My CCOM has 10 Gurkha Black Dragon Guerrilla Warfare,
    2 Mark Twain,
    2 Oliva Master Blends III,
    2 Graycliff Professionale Blue,
    2 Cuba Libre ONE
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I got my AJ All-Star from last weekends blitz

2 Cuba Libre One

2 LPH Black Pearl
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    A box of Partagas Serie D 4!!!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    wwhwang:
    Damn you canadians! ;-)
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Today, I hit up a nice few cigars! My humidors are all full again! I started off by popping by a cigar place I hate (but it happens to be right next to my bank, which is where I deposit my paychecks, and so they see some money from me) and found that it now has a new manager who is incredibly nice. She recognized me pretty quickly from my old website, and we had a really great conversation about cigars. Then, I spotted some of the Quesada 35th Anniversary cigars and had to buy one, even with all the NY taxes. I'm saving it for a celebration cigar. Then, when I got home, I see my ccom order on the doorstep. I got the AJ Fernandez all-star deal (which is the MoW, Virtue, Ave Maria, Diesel, and maybe something else in the corona size) plus two MoW Authentico cigars that Ejean convinced me to buy! All and all a nice successful cigar obtain day.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    my favorites, just ordered one myself! Were they aged or a newer box?
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:

Damn Dog..i have been looking at this stick all day...wanting to try one so bad, reading reviews and stuff..then you gotta post a pic that like!! AWESOME!!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    wwhwang:
    You finally got them? Did you ever successfully get in touch with Mr. R?
  • Options
    Diamond, are you able to fit all the boxes you get in your coolers? lol
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got my 2 boxes of the MOW Puro's................
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Nick2021:
    Diamond, are you able to fit all the boxes you get in your coolers? lol
    I bought a 100 quart cooler just before Christmas and that last box finished it off...I'll have to see if I can reorganize I have a couple boxes of the MOW Puros coming even though they look small I don't think they'll fit so they'll most likely end up in the smoking cooler which I have quite a bit of room in...
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Finally got my 2 boxes of the MOW Puro's................
    Damn it I missed the mailman..
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    no smokes today, but I picked up a bottle of Zaya 12 year rum that I am really looking forward to trying out. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    no smokes today, but I picked up a bottle of Zaya 12 year rum that I am really looking forward to trying out. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations!
    One of my favorite rums. If you like the Zaya, you'll love the Zacapa if you haven't had it already.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:
    One of my favorite rums. If you like the Zaya, you'll love the Zacapa if you haven't had it already.
    What he said. Seems like I'm always running out of the stuff. Looks like I'm out of Zaya too, damn.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:
    Had a chance to sit down and savor some Zaya today Todd. A 2 ounce pour and a single ice cube to cool/dilute, great stuff, I really dig it. Went very nicely with a MoW Puro.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:
    Had a chance to sit down and savor some Zaya today Todd. A 2 ounce pour and a single ice cube to cool/dilute, great stuff, I really dig it. Went very nicely with a MoW Puro.
    Joe, I'm glad you like it. I have whiskey stones that I use to cool it down and just use a splash of water to open it up a bit, this way you can control how much it is diluted. I am looking to find time to sit down with a MOW Puro and some of the Plantation 20 year old. It looks like I have a couple of hours on Sunday to do that but I am hoping a pocket of time opens up sooner.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Whiskey stones are the way to go, I really need to go pick up some more rum. I used the last of my Barcelo for my MamaJuana.
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Woohoo!! My AJ Corona sampilers from the weekend blitza just got here!!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Oliva Conn. Reserve from the DD last week; I ordered 4 5-packs (awesome price for a box), and it all came shrinkwrapped in a bundle. Not sure why though; I was kinda expecting a box since I ordered 20
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Got my AJ corona sampler as well, plus a couple of Patel Bros. Man, it's going to be tough to let these little guys rest. They just look so cute and cuddly that I'm going to have to set one on fire sooner than later.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Weekend blitz x2. Woo-freakin-hoo. Gonna test drive a Diesel Unlimited corona first.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    got MoW original, maduro, armada, and puro in today, along with a san miguel, fuente chat. sun grown maduro, 17 diesels! good day.
  • Options
    .... what a ***..... so pissed.... this was suppose to be for my cousin this Saturday on his wedding....shipped with broken glass tube and that damaged the cigar...

• Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    lcpleel:
    .... what a ***..... so pissed.... this was suppose to be for my cousin this Saturday on his wedding....shipped with broken glass tube and that damaged the cigar...
    That really sucks!
  • Options
    lcpleel:

man, sorry to hear...what were those?
  • Options
    nikostewart:
    lcpleel:
    That really sucks!
    Yeah, really bummed since they only made this cigar in 1999. "Le Cigare des Arts - 2000 Millenium" Michel Delacroix box.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I got nothin'! Unless you count getting **** by the Post Office getting something!