Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    A few 5ers of some favorites. Needed to restock.

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    docbp87:

Man those Epicures look good. Havent had the EP yet. How do they compair to the epicure?
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Tim B. deal and a box of Trinidad Mini Belicoso.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I got what AMZ got minus the box of Trinidads...
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    docbp87:

Man those Epicures look good. Havent had the EP yet. How do they compair to the epicure?

To me they are both medium bodied, but very different. The Epernay obviously uses a Cafe Rosado wrapper, and the EPC has an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper. The EPC has a musk and wood core, with no sweetness, dry as a bone (I mean that the way you would describe wine as dry, not that they are underhumidified). The Epernay has more subtle characteristics... a little sweet, floral notes here and there, leather, wood. It pairs PERFECTLY with Champagne (appropriate given the Epernay name, since Epernay is a town in the Champagne region in France, etc.).
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Zing!

Photobucket
    This is also what I got today. Zing again!

• Options
    Doc, Thanks for the info. That's how I would discribe every EPC I've had and its just not my style.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Tat Red Tubo and Padron 45 Maduro.
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    Doc, Thanks for the info. That's how I would discribe every EPC I've had and its just not my style.
    Interesting. The New Wave Connie is totally different than the Core line, Elencos, and the Short Run blends. If you're interested in trying one, PM me, and I'll take care of you... Love them.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    t_evan50:
    Interesting. The New Wave Connie is totally different than the Core line, Elencos, and the Short Run blends. If you're interested in trying one, PM me, and I'll take care of you... Love them.
    Thanks for the offer Doc. I'm going to have to give them a try. My b&m I frequent the most carries them so I'll just pick one up next time im there. thanks again for the offer.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    My sample tin of boxed pressed Man O War came in today. Looking forward to trying these as I have not had any MOW before. They are resting in my humidor.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I went to a Studio Tobac Event tonight and bought a box of Cain Nub Maduros and got a Studio Tobac Limited Edition Sampler containing
    Nub Habano Perfecto
    Nub San Andreas Maduro
    Cain Daytona Short Robusto
    Cain FF Torpedo 654
    Prototype Cigar: Designation "ST/DS-001"
    Cain F Lancero

Also got a Studio Tobac cutter
    ST Shirt
    Car Cup Ashtray
    And Long ST branded wooden matches
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Got my box of Est. 1844 No. 60's. They're beautiful. Can't wait to get some rest on them.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    amz1301:

I was trying to decide between those 2 deals... went with the Beard. Glad I did, but man, those Trinidads are gorgeous!!!
  • Options
    BigT06:
    amz1301:

I was trying to decide between those 2 deals... went with the Beard. Glad I did, but man, those Trinidads are gorgeous!!!
    I'm trying to save money right....The picture doesn't do the Tinidads justice. They look and smell even better in person. Never had one but I read a couple reviews that were pretty good and for the price I figured I'd give em a shot.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Oh that is just freakin downright wrong Steve!!!

I dont know if I drool more when you post in here or the daily hottie thread???
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    I don't know which to **** to first Hottie of the day or the cigars this guy gets!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRings:
    I don't know which to **** to first Hottie of the day or the cigars this guy gets!
    Get dual monitors...then use both!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    BlueRings:
    umm...how about both? Wink [;)]
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    j0z3r:
    BlueRings:
    umm...how about both? Wink [;)]

Hey DD may I suggest a babe with a cigar Ah La Bill Clinton.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    3 Davidoff 6000s
    2 LFD Cameroon Cabinet #1s
  • Options
    I started the evening with a MOW box pressed and have just lit up a MOW Ruination. These are some damn fine sticks. I now know why everybody is so high on AJ Fernandez.

I have just placed an order for two boxes of the Puro Authenicos. Can't wait until they arrive as I think I have just found my favorite brand of cigar.
  • Options
    Sorry for the post in the wrong place.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    3 Davidoff 6000s
    How are those LFD's. I've got two that have been resting a couple months. Price is pretty good on them.
  • Options
    Duke2:
    I started the evening with a MOW box pressed and have just lit up a MOW Ruination. These are some damn fine sticks. I now know why everybody is so high on AJ Fernandez.

I have just placed an order for two boxes of the Puro Authenicos. Can't wait until they arrive as I think I have just found my favorite brand of cigar.
    If you like those, I highly recommend trying the San Lotano Habano, if you haven't already.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Russ55:
    3 Davidoff 6000s
    How are those LFD's. I've got two that have been resting a couple months. Price is pretty good on them.
    Haven't had one yet. I know they're one of J0z3r's favorite sticks, so I picked up a few to try finally. Beautiful looking stick.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    amz1301:
    Russ55:
    3 Davidoff 6000s
    Haven't had one yet. I know they're one of J0z3r's favorite sticks, so I picked up a few to try finally. Beautiful looking stick.
    I can't believe I have not given you one at some point, shame on me...imo, great cigar, I was lucky enough to grab a cab while you could still pick them up for $5-$6 each...3+ years later, I might have 10 left.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    amz1301:
    Russ55:
    3 Davidoff 6000s
    I can't believe I have not given you one at some point, shame on me...imo, great cigar, I was lucky enough to grab a cab while you could still pick them up for $5-$6 each...3+ years later, I might have 10 left.
    +1 Beautiful looking stick. Gonna have to fire one of these up. B&M I hit up sometimes has them $4.00 a stick. That's why I grabbed a couple. Does that sound right ?
  • Options
    amz1301:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    amz1301:
    Russ55:
    3 Davidoff 6000s
    +1 Beautiful looking stick. Gonna have to fire one of these up. B&M I hit up sometimes has them $4.00 a stick. That's why I grabbed a couple. Does that sound right ?
    They're closer to 8-9 from what I've seen online, but it sounds like maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.