Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    Picked up 30 House-Blend Coronas and 10 Armadas from the Beard today...they look great. Can't figure out why the Cameroon is so much larger than the other labels tho? image

Also picked up some Opus and a few Anejo sharks from my man Zeebra

• Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Sweet deal on these.

• Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Love Camacho! I picked up a box of La Gloria Cubana Serie N, taster pack of the CI legends, 5 pack of blue labels, and a crap ton of other stuff I can't recall off the top of my head.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Yesterday I got my end of a trade with amz1301. As always, Andy came through with an amazing selection! Those Quesada Oktoberfest are very tasty ROTT, but these are gonna get a nice long nap!

Today I got nice selection from smoke em if you got em, because his wife authorized the hit! Thanks Mrs Smoke! I love every single one of those sticks!

I also got 5 beautiful sticks from BigT. I've been wanting to try the Virtue and San Cristobal, and that Obsidian is delicious!

She says you are welcome. Hope you enjoy them bro!
  • Options
    10 LHC Core (i think i can say that deal is done) and 10 Diesel Unlimited d.5 from the sprint site. First purchase in a year from ccom, and can I say I have missed it dearly!!! My budget really shouldn't allow for these, but I couldn't NOT try out the new site.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 more MOW Puro's, I love these things. I haven't noticed any difference between the ones in the cello and the initial offering ones w/o cello.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my 10 MOW Aramada Coronas yesterday..damn they lookin freakin sweet!!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Got 10 JdN Dark Corojos (easily one of my favorite cigars on the planet)

also got a nice "welcoming package" from ENFIDL

• Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    got my Armada coronas in today with my ave maria renq. image
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Finally received my box of Fonseca Habana Seleccion. Will give them a whirl after a bit of rest time

• Options
    Due to working so much lately haven't had much family time, so today I got the opportunity to have Daddy and Me Day. Taking my 2 girls (6 and 5) to see The Lion King in 3D, to dinner and maybe a little shopping.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Finally received my box of Fonseca Habana Seleccion. Will give them a whirl after a bit of rest time

Those look nice! Now that I've had my first Fonseca from the Dog Rocket Hit, I'm gonna have to try some more! Let me know how those are!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Got my 5r of Armada coronas and a 5r of AB Fam. Blend.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169

• Options
    Diamondog:

DD, what camera and lens do you use to take your pics ?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picked up the new Xikar Stratosphere today at the local cigar shop. Gotta say the coil light and fact that it's rated to light up to 12,500 ft was really the selling point since I've had so many problems with lighters at altitude and often go camping in the mountains. Already used it and absolutely loved it!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    amz1301:
    I have a Canon rebel T3i eos 18mp just using the standard lens...
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    amz1301:
    Thanks, just curious. Bought my first DSLR about 6 months ago. Nikon D3100, it came with an 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens. So far I've bought the 35mm f/1.8G lens and a flash for it. I was wondering if you were using a macro lens for your pics, I'm thinking about buying one.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    Diamondog:
    amz1301:
    Thanks, just curious. Bought my first DSLR about 6 months ago. Nikon D3100, it came with an 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens. So far I've bought the 35mm f/1.8G lens and a flash for it. I was wondering if you were using a macro lens for your pics, I'm thinking about buying one.
    A macro lens would be awesome for taking cigar pics!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Most of a box of Illusione Singular Phantoms that I picked up for a killer price. Im really liking Dion's stuff right now.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    out and about in the french quarter and i finally came to a REAL cigar shop. he was excited about two "new blenders and brands" that he was selling. the first one he asked me about was AJ Fernandez. i told him just how familiar i was with the man, his products, his factory, and brands. he was impressed with what i knew.

the other one that he told me about was one i never heard of: Curivari Cigars. I got the Reserva Limitada.
    they seem good at first glance. ill give one a shot here soon.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Curivarari is boutique as hell. Good products at good prices.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    good to know.
    this is the only guy in the french quarter that i talked to that wasnt trying to pull some shenanigans. its the Crescent City Cigar Shop on Orleans Ave Between bourbon and Royal.
    the guy really knew his stuff.
    that being said it is good to hear an outsider say the cigar he sold me has a good name.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:

Here's a review: http://www.casasfumando.com/2011/03/25/curivari-cigars-seleccion-privada. Sorry I still can't seem to make a link... You'll have to cut & paste.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    LFD Factory Press, Macanudo Vintage 97 Maduro, and VSG corona. I'm excited for a Macanudo for the first time in my life.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Just picked up the new Xikar Stratosphere today at the local cigar shop. Gotta say the coil light and fact that it's rated to light up to 12,500 ft was really the selling point since I've had so many problems with lighters at altitude and often go camping in the mountains. Already used it and absolutely loved it!
    I thought I was the only one with lighter issues at this altitude. It did help went i switched to xikar fluid, but still cant get a couple of my lighters to perform worth a crap. I got a good price on a MOW Lotus a year or two ago, and it works great this high.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    LFD airbender maduro, casa magna domus magnus, Room 101 namakubia, diamond crown maxximus.
    Box of tat TAA
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    LFD Factory Press, Macanudo Vintage 97 Maduro, and VSG corona. I'm excited for a Macanudo for the first time in my life.
    LFD FP1?2?3? Those things are GREAT!
  • Options
    Cohiba Behike 52, Kristoff Corojo Limitada, Trinidad - Fundadores, Kristoff GC Signature Series, Alec Bradley Black Market

• Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    nice. Those black markets are good smokes. really mild tho.