Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    A Couple 20oz Sun Drop Sodas from the gas station... That stuff is delicious!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Got five My Father Le Bijou from Jsnake. These cigars smell and look great. Thanks Jake

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    A few Undercrown, a couple Avion, and the Xikar Ashcan.

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I got the trots from some Chinese food
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Big mail day for The RobbyRas!

Got my end of a trade with Mephisto... he seems to have caught the "I can't count" disease... I was supposed to get a couple Decades and a couple Tempus... he sent this
    2011-10-13_12-47-59_584

Also got my end of a trade with firetruckguy... 4 agreed upon sticks and he threw in a Cohiba Black!
    2011-10-13_12-46-50_873

And I got some BORK Baseball winnings from Krieg... WAAAAAAAAAY overboard!
    2011-10-13_12-46-05_843
  • Options
    Let me know what you think once you have smoke those.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Diamondog:

Now that is something that will be finding a home in my humi when I return from Cuba. I LOVE the Monti No. 2's.

If you don't stop with all these pics of Cuban sticks Steve... I'm going to change my travel plans and come and visit and tour your humi instead of Cuba. It seems like you have a better selection then they do now!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Can't let Steve have all the fun torturing Doug.

• Options
    j0z3r:

Oh you guy's are too much. Thanks for that Joe.

So my plans now call for a stop over in Southern Cali.

In all seriousness. I have said this to a couple of BOTL here. I wish for the day the embargo is ended and we can have the largest C.COM forum HERF in history in Cuba.

Suddenly my half box of AJ's fresh rolled don't seem as exciting at all, LOL.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Well Doug, you know you're welcome to anything I've got, if you want to stop over in Socal, I'd love to herf with you...and I'm sure I could pull a couple guys out of the woodwork to burn a few. How are those AJ Freshies? I haven't been able to talk myself into pulling the trigger on a bundle.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Well Doug, you know you're welcome to anything I've got, if you want to stop over in Socal, I'd love to herf with you...and I'm sure I could pull a couple guys out of the woodwork to burn a few. How are those AJ Freshies? I haven't been able to talk myself into pulling the trigger on a bundle.
    They are awesome Joe. Loved the first one I lit up.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:

Oh you guy's are too much. Thanks for that Joe.

So my plans now call for a stop over in Southern Cali.

In all seriousness. I have said this to a couple of BOTL here. I wish for the day the embargo is ended and we can have the largest C.COM forum HERF in history in Cuba.

Suddenly my half box of AJ's fresh rolled don't seem as exciting at all, LOL.
    I hate not having money to get cool things like Joe or Steve, but **** yeah, I'd be on the first plane to maimi and then swim to Cuba if I had to if the embargo ever gets lifted.

Also got a 10 pack of La Gloria Cubana Artesanos Retro Especiale
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got hit with a Welcome present from Laker : image

And this was the ROCKET that Lt. Dan blasted me with: image

And Dad was kind enough to hand me these two today... BTW that Legend has 5 YEARS on it!!! image
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Diamondog:

So is it true what Alex S. says about cubans? I.E. not being fermented long enough or is that not the case with these Montecristos?
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket
    PhotobucketOH BTW Those of you who Ive committed to can forget about it . I've decided to sell these on Ebay for $25 each.. I will also accept a slightly used elmo
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    bigmatt72:
    So is it true what Alex S. says about cubans? I.E. not being fermented long enough or is that not the case with these Montecristos?
    Cuban production did take a major hit but has been stellar since 2006...
  • Options
    Just Picked up 2 more LFD Diggers, One is for me, not sure where the other one is getting launched too.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    The Kid:
    Photobucket
    PhotobucketOH BTW Those of you who Ive committed to can forget about it . I've decided to sell these on Ebay for $25 each.. I will also accept a slightly used elmo
    Those look like some BEASTS!!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dopeyferree:
    Just Picked up 2 more LFD Diggers, One is for me, not sure where the other one is getting launched too.
    ... That's the spirit.. I like your way of thinking. Be careful who you send it to At 8 1/2 inches and a 60 ring gauge, Double Ligero.. it will kill most newbies.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    robbyras:
    The Kid:
    Photobucket
    Now im a tat. guy but I think the classic tat band is the best looking band. I love the sexy simplicity. Oh the cigars look good too. LoL
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    bigmatt72:
    Diamondog:

That's not the case so much these days. There was a time when this was true, but for the most part now, tobacco has been phenomenal from Cuba for the last 5 years or so. The misunderstanding about Cuban tobacco being under-fermented is likely more to do with the fact that Cuban tobacco is not aged for the length of time that non-Cuban tobacco is aged before being rolled, which is why they benefit from longer box aging that non-Cuban cigars. Cuban cigars go through phases of sickness, and transition as the tobacco melds and ages after rolling. The difference between non-Cuban and Cuban cigars in that regard is that the non-Cuban tobacco goes through many of these phases before being rolled and sold. For this reason, I think smokers tend to actually see and experience more dramatic evolution through time with Cuban cigars.

Knowing where DD gets a lot of his boxes, I am pretty darn sure that those Montes are of "High Quality" ;), or may even be of the most "Premium Selection"! They look fantasic. Love Montes with dark wrappers.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Root - Natural Drew Estate
    Juicy Lucy- Natural Drew Estate
    3x Cold Infusion- Acid
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    The Kid:
    Photobucket
    I said the same thing to a gal at the B&M and she looked at me smiled and said "Theyre Monsters"
  • Options
    Got these in yesterday and today. Order from The Beard and Jsnake
    Photobucket
    Trade with CvilleE
    Photobucket

• Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Photobucket
    Trade with CvilleE
    Photobucket

does look good. Nice picks.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    RCY Cigars:
    Photobucket
    Trade with CvilleE
    Photobucket

does look good. Nice picks.

Thanks Isaac and PM to you Sir

• Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    UPS finally delivered my order of AJ Fernandez Fresh Rolled at 8:45 pm. Letting them rest and will light one up in the morning.
  • Options
    I agree with you guys too --- the price tag and the waiting game will not have a long way with me, especially when there are plenty of cheaper smokes that will give you the same results or better. _______________ Cuban Cigar
  • Options
    jenniefrost:
    I agree with you guys too --- the price tag and the waiting game will not have a long way with me, especially when there are plenty of cheaper smokes that will give you the same results or better. _______________ Cuban Cigar
    Many people feel the same way about Wine. There are plenty of good bottles of wine out there without having to spend hundreds of $$$ and wait 50 years for. However there are those who do enjoy those little extravagances, and who can appreciate the subtle changes or variations which occurr over time.

There are indeed plenty of good smokes out there without the wait. The price tag comment I didn't follow so much as there are plenty of very expensive non Cuban sticks as well. A person either will or will not spend past a certain level for a cigar, the country of origin has little to do with that.

As for the same results or better... only YOU can decide that for you.