Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Thanks! But you know something, people at work still don't take me seriously with it... I just don't get it... lol. The best part is (besides it's aparent badass-ness) it's a 16oz mug!! It eats little 12oz styrofoam cups for breakfast!!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    10 Gurkha Grand Envoy Toros.
    They came in a cool ceder sleeve...
  • Options
    So, I just got back from a place downtown that a pal here at work had recomended. Pretty cool place. I picked up an oz of St. James pipe tobacco and my first and definitely not my last Sancho Panza. They had them labeled strangely in long boxes so I'm not totally sure which Sancho I have. And I've never tried or heard of the St. James pipe tobacco, but I'm sure it will be a delight aswell.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I was just informed that I have received a package from Kuzi.... I'm in the Wisconsin Dells right now so I can't open it... Kuz... you ole DOG!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Today I got 6 San Cristobal Papagayos and 3 Ashton VSG Wizards....sweet!!!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    A five pack of the Gran Habano 3 Siglos... I loved 'em at regular price, and couldn't pass up the Daily Deal recently here at C.Com.
  • Options
    haywood5150haywood5150 Posts: 35
    Haven't gotten my package yet, but its on the way.... 5-pack Diesel Unholy Cocktails 5-pack Acid Ones 1 Acid Ltd. Def Sea 1 Java by Drew Estate Habano 1 Natural by Drew Estate Ltd. Irish Hops 1 Nub Cameroon Sampler 1 Cain Maduro Robusto 1 Cain Habano Robusto 1 5 Vegas Sampler 1 CAO Flavours Sampler HURRY UP USPS, My humidor is getting lonely.
  • Options
    Today I purchased from the local B&M - Ashton VSG Spellbound La Aroma de Cuba Belicoso Nub 4x60 Cameroon and a RP Decade I have never tried the Ashton or the RP. Look forward to it. With a stiff drink of course!
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Today, I'm very excited. I was at my local b&m and they had the Padilla Dominus. I've been wanting to try this stick for a while now and just seeing it there, within hands reach, was just too much. Even though it cost $17 for one (ridiculous Colorado tax on tobacco), I'm excited that I finally have one in my humi!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I got my Beads. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I get them in the Humi w/all the cigars.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    KCW:
    I got my Beads. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I get them in the Humi w/all the cigars.
    i built a box out of an old cigar box. i lined it with plastic to keep it from molding in case i added too much water.
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    I just got in 10 Vegas 5 Cask Strength. Woooh!
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Cooper33:
    I just got in 10 Vegas 5 Cask Strength. Woooh!
    I'm afraid of those cigars. I seriously think I would have a hard time getting trough one!

Today I went to the B&M and picked up 3 brickhouse's and 3 Oliva Special G maduros. Every time I see those little guys I just have a grad a few! For under 4 bucks and for a short smoke they rock!
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Just got a good deal on a 5 pack of Gurkha Black Dragons and a 3 pack of Camacho Pre-Embargos. Looking forward to getting them into the humi.
  • Options
    Cabeiguan, Torano 50th, Sol Cubano, MOW ruination nice sampler.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    i built a box out of an old cigar box. i lined it with plastic to keep it from molding in case i added too much water.
    I like Kuzi's idea, but there's also a couple of other options. One I've heard of, and plan on implementing once I get my hands on more tubos, is this:

Take some aluminum or plastic tubos, and with a needle point punch a few hundred holes all over em. Fill with beads, and place around your humi.

Or there's my current solution: I took one of those 'sockies' they give you at the shoe store, filled it up with beads, and tied it off with a twist tie. Could also be done with panty hose, but I figured my lady wouldn't approve of me chopping up her panty hose lol. Place wherever appropriate in the humi - in my 300 ct, I used the bottom dividers to make a space specifically for the bag, and it keeps my humi at a rock solid 68%.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Hays:
    I like Kuzi's idea, but there's also a couple of other options. One I've heard of, and plan on implementing once I get my hands on more tubos, is this:

Take some aluminum or plastic tubos, and with a needle point punch a few hundred holes all over em. Fill with beads, and place around your humi.

pm sent

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    badge54fd:
    Hays:

pm sent

Responded Good Sir
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I was just informed that I have received a package from Kuzi.... I'm in the Wisconsin Dells right now so I can't open it... Kuz... you ole DOG!
    Well I got home from the Dells and had to work work work...

But, I did manage to open my Package from Kuzi and YOU Sunuvabitch!!!

Kuzi sent me a Miller Lite T-Shirt... It's a perfect gift! Thanks Man!
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I've been waiting a month, but they finally got here!!! A Gurkha Super Premium Sampler box...12 cigars in a 7" X 54 frame. Beautiful presentation

AND

A Rocky Patel Limited Edition "A" Size box with 16 JUMBO RP's. They were listed as 7 1/2" sticks, but they are more like 9" long! They actually do not fit in my humidor unless I turn them lengthwise...and that's only if I take them out of the wood coffins they came in!. I've never had cigars that length (well, in the Bahamas yes, but not at home, lol).

I also got a 5 pack of 5Vegas Gold and a couple "extras" that were a nice supprise...so thanks ccom!

• Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I got 10 Nub Conneticuts today from the daily deal. All in all they look pretty good. Atleast 3 of them look bad and have black marks on them though. Not real happy about that.
  • Options
    I received more beads this weekend in preparation for a humidor upgrade with my tax-return.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Officially restocked in the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. I also am at max capacity and all of my humidors are completely filled. In fact the cigar I will have tonight is out because I couldn't fit one more in. It may be a while until I buy anything again. I have a golf trip coming in about a month so I will put a dent into the stash then.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Todays booty haul 10 AJ Fernandez sig Robustos 5 Sol Cubana CC assorted sizes 20 Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Humidors have reached capacity and more are on the way. The box of Nicarao's I snagged from the monster site are coming Thursday.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Just got 10 Padilla Hybrids from the DD. Woo Hoo! I'm excited to try 'em.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    4 RP signatures, 4 RP fusions, and 4 RP fusion MM.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    4 RP signatures, 4 RP fusions, and 4 RP fusion MM.
    I love the Fusion MM, great smoke.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    undulac:
    It may be a while until I buy anything again.
    I said the same thing as I was pressing the order now button numerous times! That's why I have like 1000 sticks all over my room.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Picked up a couple Different AlecBradleys, Tempus Magistri , and a Trilogy... have had the Trilogy before, have one in the humi, The first one I had was a tuff draw and required a punch about half way through and a couple of touch ups, but I loved the flavor, im letting the one rest. Im just wading through a variety looking for some staples... Placed and order today for these Vegas gold Robustos, i think I will love them!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    20 Nicarao Toros....