Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options

RobRutkowski:
    I'm wondering what's going to be in the Cigar of the Month Club shipment next week.

I just signed up for that. Do they usually send out good stuff?? Also how do they keep the cigars from drying out during shipment?

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey E.G.S, A very wise decision to get in on the Cigar of the Month Club if you are looking to try new and different sticks. I was always pleased with the selections I received and the selections were always " good stuff ". The cigars will never be dryed out since they are packaged properly, shipped fresh and quickly. All shipments I received included a "water pillow " to insure freshness and stable humidity. With the cold weather, I don't know if this is the case. But, fear not, if you are not happy C.Com will make it right. ( You will be happy).
  • Options

kaspera79:
    Hey E.G.S, A very wise decision to get in on the Cigar of the Month Club if you are looking to try new and different sticks. I was always pleased with the selections I received and the selections were always " good stuff ". The cigars will never be dryed out since they are packaged properly, shipped fresh and quickly. All shipments I received included a "water pillow " to insure freshness and stable humidity. With the cold weather, I don't know if this is the case. But, fear not, if you are not happy C.Com will make it right. ( You will be happy).

hey thanks a lot man. I look forward to trying different sticks.

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well my new humidor that my wife got me for Christmas came in today, but I was already gone to work so I'll have to wait until the morning before I can see it... DAMN!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Got some DPG Blues (originals), some RP Fusion segundos (first time getting seconds - only one stick has a minor cosmetic wrapper issue; I can't find any issues with the rest!), and some Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinets. These were shipped over the holidays and therefore stuck in the UPS terminal longer than usual, so they'll all get AT LEAST one month rest before I try anything.

Question for all you Cuban Cabinet fans (I know you're out there!): I've never had one of these before and have heard mostly good things on here (and a few really bad things). Do these do considerably better with much age on them? i.e. do you consider aging these guys a necessity or more of a nice luxury if possible (like most sticks)?
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    got me 10 man o wars from the daily deal last week! :)
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Just got off the phone with Jeff, and got 10 RP Decades and 10 Oliveros LTD's. It's a good day :)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Got some goodies today...

I wish I could of have got a box of them love stories or love affairs which ever fits your fancy... Damn opus and no one selling boxes!!!! curse! Oh and I got a box of tat black tubes as well...
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    My 10 MOW's Robusto's finally showed up.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Got 10 Padilla Obsidians. Gonna age these SoBs.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:

I wish I could of have got a box of them love stories or love affairs which ever fits your fancy... Damn opus and no one selling boxes!!!! curse! Oh and I got a box of tat black tubes as well...
    Are you gonna send away for the DVD? I was under the impression that the DVD came with the box and you didn't have to send away for it. I would have liked to get a box of the perfectos but one box is enough for me.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    ACID Opulence 3, Cuba Cuba, a red label, purple label, Perdomo Reserve 10th Champagne, and a Verdadero Organic.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:

Are you gonna send away for the DVD? I was under the impression that the DVD came with the box and you didn't have to send away for it. I would have liked to get a box of the perfectos but one box is enough for me.
    Yeah, I'm interested in seeing the film. I do feel that since there is a nice spot for the dvd that it should have been included, I'm sort of mad about that. I too am debating on getting another box...
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    What did I get today...or rather yesterday!!! A box of the 2009 Oliva Serie V Maduro Torpedos...now I can stop asking if they really exist. A box of the Tatuaje Verocu Red Tubos and a box of the Black Label as well!!! A couple of single Serie V Maduro Torpedos to keep from opening the box for awhile and a Ashton ESG 21 Year Robusto....man am I STOKED!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hawk55:
    ....man am I STOKED!!!
    ... you mean broke....

well... now at least.
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    Picked up a box of Padron Panatela Maduro for part of my Christmas present from my Mom. Also picked up a box of La Aurora 100 Anos Lanceros for my birthday gift from the wife.
  • Options
    Hawk55:
    What did I get today...or rather yesterday!!! A box of the 2009 Oliva Serie V Maduro Torpedos...now I can stop asking if they really exist. A box of the Tatuaje Verocu Red Tubos and a box of the Black Label as well!!! A couple of single Serie V Maduro Torpedos to keep from opening the box for awhile and a Ashton ESG 21 Year Robusto....man am I STOKED!!!
    Ah you got the hook up! lol. You've got to let me (us) know what you think of the red tat's. I haven't had any and didn't get a box. The v's are really good. If you've had the 08's, the 09's are a bit more balanced in my opinion. I hope you enjoy the ESG though, I wasn't overly impressed with it. I loved the VSG though.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    You've got to let me (us) know what you think of the red tat's. I haven't had any and didn't get a box.
    You should have gotten the Reds. If I could do things over, I'd have gotten 2 boxes of Reds and skipped the Blacks. The Verocu tubo is awesome, strong but not overly so and with a deep, rich and complex flavor.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    You've got to let me (us) know what you think of the red tat's. I haven't had any and didn't get a box.
    You should have gotten the Reds. If I could do things over, I'd have gotten 2 boxes of Reds and skipped the Blacks. The Verocu tubo is awesome, strong but not overly so and with a deep, rich and complex flavor.

I've never had either Joe but my local B&M got some in this week. Your saying the red is much better ?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a package that was opened and inspected by US Customs. Signed for it and knew it felt like a cigar box right off the bat. I am sure this is what brought about the attention by the US Customs also. Open it up and sure enough it is a cigar box. Inside I find 2 cedar cases. Inside each case is 3 cigars giving me a total of 6 new Costa Rican beauties to smoke. Between the two cedar cases is a bag of coffee which my wife will enjoy. Had a nice 2 page letter from Isthmus Cigars asking me for my input on their cigars and giving me a description of each one. Awesome!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:

I've never had either Joe but my local B&M got some in this week. Your saying the red is much better ?
    I would absolutely say the Red is better. The Black has a good flavor and is worth trying, but I've smoked 2 and both have refused to burn...the wrapper literally would not burn and I had to touch it up every 10 minutes. Both are good, in my opinion the Red is better.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:

I would absolutely say the Red is better. The Black has a good flavor and is worth trying, but I've smoked 2 and both have refused to burn...the wrapper literally would not burn and I had to touch it up every 10 minutes. Both are good, in my opinion the Red is better.

Good Info - Thanks Joe
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    went to a local wine & cigar shop and they had 35% percent off of cigars so i just decided to pick up three sticks -- padron 6000 torp, ashton cabinet series pyramid, and a a fuente sun grown chateau fuente - excited to try them
  • Options
    Got a buttload of Perdomo ESV '91 Phantoms today, 32 to be exact, in those nice little 4-count boxes. Mmm mmm good.
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    I got 15 MoW today. Robusto.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:

Good Info - Thanks Joe
    damn, well crap. I really enjoyed the black never had any issues with it really. Hmmm, well I guess I missed this one..
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    LOL Kuzi...ur right dang near broke!!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    While at my local b&m i picked up 3 siglo's and a new keychain punch and a cheap lighter as my colibri has been acting the part as of late
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    A late Christmas present. 5 Vegas Limitada 2008. Wow...one of these will be gone in a few minutes!

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    went to my B&M yesterday and since I've been sharing my sticks with my Father in Law and Brother in Law they each said "Pick out 4 sticks" as a thank you for sharing all mine. I got 2 Nub Cameroon BP, 1 Nub Habano torp, 1 Nub Conny, 1Tatuaje VI, Camacho (don't remember which one), hell I can't even remember, but it was freakin sweet and very nice of them to hook it up for me.