Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    See that guys? Kuzi's making up cigars...Again! Smile [:)]
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    See that guys? Kuzi's making up cigars...Again! Smile [:)]
    I just smoked a Rocky Fuente y Julieta Serie 'Q' Shark...

They only make it for Diplomatics from Uganda and I just happened to kill one last night
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    kuzi16:
    lets see if i remember this all...

1 Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 50
    1 Illusione F9 Finesse
    1 LFD Ligero "A"
    1 Oliva Serie M maduro

uhhhh... i think thats it.
    Series M? Is that a local thing?
    sorry... "G"
    my bad.

the g and the o are nowhere near each other...
    damn.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I just got my package in the mail a few minutes ago.

5 Pack of Oliveros Edicion Itialiana "Franky The Bull" (6x60).

5 Pack of Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Torpedos (5.5x52)
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    4 Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve
    2 Travel Humidors and placed an order for a Savinelli Pipe kinda hyped!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Alright, don't laugh, but I just picked up a 5-ver of Don Tomas candelas. Got them as a Christmas gift for my brother-in-law who says he loves em. I've never had one, so I think the BIL is going to get a 4-pack for Christmas - the curiosity is just too much.

To redeem myself, I also picked up a RP Decade, Gurkha Micro-Batch VH-7, La Aurora Barrel Aged and a Perdomo Lot 23 maddy. Never had any of these either except for the Decade, but they will be hibernating in the humi until spring time, if I can make it that long.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    Alright, don't laugh, but I just picked up a 5-ver of Don Tomas candelas. Got them as a Christmas gift for my brother-in-law who says he loves em. I've never had one, so I think the BIL is going to get a 4-pack for Christmas - the curiosity is just too much.

To redeem myself, I also picked up a RP Decade, Gurkha Micro-Batch VH-7, La Aurora Barrel Aged and a Perdomo Lot 23 maddy. Never had any of these either except for the Decade, but they will be hibernating in the humi until spring time, if I can make it that long.
    The Barrell Aged is one I've wanted to try for a long time, let us know what you think of it when you fire it up.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Heavy:

The Barrell Aged is one I've wanted to try for a long time, let us know what you think of it when you fire it up.
    Dang. I figured by now everyone who was curious about the Barrel Aged would have tried it. If you want to try some, let me know and we can work out a trade or something...the ones I have, in addition to being barrel aged, have been cooler aged for about 16 months.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    Heavy:

Dang. I figured by now everyone who was curious about the Barrel Aged would have tried it. If you want to try some, let me know and we can work out a trade or something...the ones I have, in addition to being barrel aged, have been cooler aged for about 16 months.
    So how is it? Is the flavor from the rum barrel pretty apparent, or is it more subtle? I'm a little worried it will taste like an infused or sweetened stick. But what the hell, that's the beauty of this little obsession - might as well try everything at least once!
  • Options
    Heavy:
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    Heavy:

So how is it? Is the flavor from the rum barrel pretty apparent, or is it more subtle? I'm a little worried it will taste like an infused or sweetened stick. But what the hell, that's the beauty of this little obsession - might as well try everything at least once!
    One thing I can say is it doesn't taste infused or sweetened. If the barrel aging has an effect, then it's fairly subtle as far as the taste of the cigar is concerned. It has been quite a while since I had one, so honestly I don't remember a specific flavor profile, but I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    10-4. thanks for the info. I'm going to stop talking about it now or it might not make it through the night without getting fired up, not to mention making it all the way to spring.
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    kaspera79:
    Hey Ayato, Nice ! When I stop by the B&M , my wife waits in the car and says, can you get me a pack of cigarettes ? This may be a little forward, but does she have any sisters ?
    LMAO..... Unfortunately for the single guys out there she doesn't have any sisters. And I won't give her up without a fight! On another note I attended a Davidoff event on Friday night and picked up some Millennium Robusto's and a Diademas Finas the store manager had stashed away. On top of that the B&M had just received more Anejos so I grabbed some Sharks. I know I am a few days behind with my post. Started night shift this week and still don't know if I am coming or going.....
  • Options
    Got my first ccom order in yesterday! I got; 5Vegas Classic, Tabak Esp. Negra, RP Fusion, Montecristo White, and a Man O' War. Just got a quick question. How long do you guys think I should let the Man O' War rest?
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Today I received an entire box of connecticut nubs as a gift from a customer. Hard to beat that! J667fire - I would let the all rest at least two weeks in a humidor.
  • Options
    More specifically, I'd recommend resting the Man o Wars for at least two months, in my personal experience, this makes a huge difference.
  • Options
    I was planning on a few months so sounds like I'm on track. I guess the longer the better. Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    last night i came home to 1 5 vegas 2009 limitada, 1 pepin blue exclusivo(thing is a monster 9.25), 1 partagas seasonal agosto 2005, 1 montecristo media noche edmundo, and a gurkha empire III...
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Yesterday I got a 5 Vegas Limitada 2009, Cu-Avana Maduro, La Aurora 1495, and an Augusto Reyes Nativo. With the exception of the La Aurora, I've never had any of these cigars so I'm pretty excited. Christmas came early for me this year. w00!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a handmade original from my local B&M. The owner has a private stash of Dominican leaves and Connecticut wrappers. He's not supposed to sell them, so he hands them out for free from time to time. I haven't tried it yet. I'm gonna let it rest for a week or two in the humi. He said it's a full flavored blend. It smells yummy.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    More specifically, I'd recommend resting the Man o Wars for at least two months, in my personal experience, this makes a huge difference.
    Yeah, I tried one right off the bat and they were very strong.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I've had some man o wars in my humidor for quite sometime. I've smoked them occasionally. I can't say that I've noticed any sort of change in them over time. I just sort of figured they named them man o war for a reason, they are potent.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    It's not that, they are still pretty strong after a few months, but the flavors meld together better.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    So last night i stopped at one of my B&M and picked up 5 fuente curlyheads ....... have been totally impressed by these since i got a few in a trade with bass a few weeks back ...... how can you complain about a less than 3 dollar stock that is fantastic ...... also picked up a nifty new little punch
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    10 Padilla Habano Torp's from Monday's Daily Deal. I...gotta have one.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    It's not that, they are still pretty strong after a few months, but the flavors meld together better.
    I agree, the first few I had didn't impress me at all, and then after a month or two, they were delicious.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Got myself my share of a trade with Tony (alien). GOt some stuff I have been looking to try like a Nording, 777, etc... and got some stuff that I like but haven't found around in a while like the Limitada 2007. Thanks man!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    I agree, the first few I had didn't impress me at all, and then after a month or two, they were delicious.
    good to know.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    OpusX tin.

robusto.

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I got to leave work 5 hours early because of snow ...thats what I got !!!
  • Options
    I got gum disease today...so bummed. Big Smile [:D]