Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweeet! Way to go Todd! BTW I am looking for advice and opinions and figured you might know borther... I have recently tried my first two Comacho's lately... Pre-Embargo and a Diploma. The PE was mighty tasty but unraveled and exploded halfway through... lit up a Diploma this morning and it was bland, flavorless (tasted like smoking newspaper) and unraveled and exploded after less than an inch. I reallllly don't wanna give up on Comacho because I want to like them but I haven't had a single stick yet that will smoke for me? Any suggestions?? Keep the box at 66% on the dot and 67-69 degrees F, no humidity issues or anything like that and its the only sticks that have done that to me... WTF????
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Only thing I can think of Brett is the higher altitude screws with the wrapper on Camachos more? I have zero altitude here so never had an issue. Their wrappers thinner and can't take the faster expansion?
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Courtesy of gmill880, who I asked for some Ronson Jetlites, and look what tagged along with them...

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Only thing I can think of Brett is the higher altitude screws with the wrapper on Camachos more? I have zero altitude here so never had an issue. Their wrappers thinner and can't take the faster expansion?
    I think you might be on to something, I have noticed that their wrappers are probably the most delicate one's that I have come across yet. They make for a gorgeous presentation but reallllly finicky to smoke. I want to love them, but I am getting tired of tossing a cigar halfway through or sooner simply because it blows up... no bueno for me.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Got 3 really sweet punches made out of sharpened bullet cartridges from Gordon (Flash318), got 5 Cohiba PD and 5 Morro Castle fromt the sprint sale, and I got in my end of a trade with Rick... where he went way overboard as usual!
    Tat Black tubo (in the coolest matte black tubo presentation I've ever seen), Tat Anarchy, Skull and Bones, El Titan de Bronze Redemption maddy corona, and a Cain F!

Very good day!!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    dennisking:
    one of my favorite sticks DD, great choice. we may have to work out some trade...

San Cristobal CC are one of the most underrated but fantastic offerings from the island. Great box.
    Especially the Muralla vitola. freakin love them.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    And inside is this....
    atleast i put a pkg. of ramen noodle soup in the empy reconquista box i sent to the kid,lol
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Box of Nub Dubs....:)
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Picked up an Oliva V 2011 maduro. Smiles....BIG smiles!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    lcpleel:
    And inside is this....
    atleast i put a pkg. of ramen noodle soup in the empy reconquista box i sent to the kid,lol
    Yea!!! Thanks JJ I feel much better now ..lol
  • Options
    My Apologies Greg2648 for not getting this posted sooner. Greg your on fire and from what you all can see he's definately packin!!! Greg I am at a loss for words,, other than your absolutely insane..Thank You !! You took out some more of my wish list as well as sending some sticks that I am sooo looking forward to..Much appreciated!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Got 5 Padilla Miami and 5 DPG from the daily deal not too long ago. They look great!
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    My Apologies Greg2648 for not getting this posted sooner. Greg your on fire and from what you all can see he's definately packin!!! Greg I am at a loss for words,, other than your absolutely insane..Thank You !! You took out some more of my wish list as well as sending some sticks that I am sooo looking forward to..Much appreciated!!
    Photobucket
    It was my pleasure to let you Mooch from my humi. Take care, my Brother.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I got a box of PDR Liga Especial Reserva, 8 pack PDR Sampler, 3 AB Tempus Maduro and 3 Illusione
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Hey all... just got delivery confirmation on an AJ Fresh Roll, Nick's Stick Connecticut, Padilla Hybrid, Sun Grown Label and Purple Label. It's gonna be a good weekend! I have been reading the board for a couple months now and am blown away by the generosity of thought and deed by the members here. I am looking forward to building a collection over the winter and getting in on the fun soon.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    rburke1129:
    Hey all... just got delivery confirmation on an AJ Fresh Roll, Nick's Stick Connecticut, Padilla Hybrid, Sun Grown Label and Purple Label. It's gonna be a good weekend! I have been reading the board for a couple months now and am blown away by the generosity of thought and deed by the members here. I am looking forward to building a collection over the winter and getting in on the fun soon.
    Welcome! Enjoy the sticks.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome rburke, this place offers the most fun you can have with your clothes on.. Or off in some cases.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Welcome rburke, this place offers the most fun you can have with your clothes on..Or off in some cases.
    Lassy?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ... you quessed it jozer.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 more wolfman
  • Options
    jj20030:
    3 more wolfman
    LMAO.. I want one,,just kidding I want all of them!!!!....
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    3 more wolfman
    I think those belong to my box. JERK!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    rburke1129:
    Welcome to the board, and congrats on your order, the first step in creating a good collection.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭

Thanks Jhewey!!!!
  • Options
    Man O'War Toro (5pk) x 2 (love 'em, normally smoke robustos, like the toros when there's time.) Padilla Dominus (5pk) x 2 (yum.) Ghurka Beast (5pk) x 2 (I've had some Ghurka issues, but I've never tried these, and with the Guerilla Warfare deal I can afford to hand 'em out to my Ghurkawhore pals if they suck.) Gran Habano Vintage 2002 x20 (gotta have 'em) Gurkha's Cuban Legacy (sngl) (one Gurkha I haven't tried, but keep hearing good things about. I'll be buyin a box if I like 'em.)
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Got some Room 101 Stuff today:
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Awesome!!!!!love the shirt! where did you get it pm please?
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    ENFIDL:
    sick cutter. where did you get it?
  • Options
    415:
    ENFIDL:
    I know looks like it doubles as some knuckles, does the case have a belt loop?
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Kid:
    415:
    ENFIDL:
    I know looks like it doubles as some knuckles, does the case have a belt loop?
    Why yes yes it does. They are both awesome. PM inbound to both of you.