Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I was on a roll picked up a box of Alec Bradley Tempus Imperator, a box of camocho corojo, and a ***-load of VSGs.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    'scuse me Urby, but is duty behind the colored curtain?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heh. Hey, Tumbler. If he is, he's being awfully quiet.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey urbi, You have a PM.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Lots of sampler packs. Cuvee's, perdomo's, CAO's, Padills's, 24 in all with a Zikar Xi2 cutter. Wasnt a bad week.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey urbi, You have a PM.
    So do you.
  • Options
    Today I got the fiver of centurions from the daily deal a few days ago. I don't know why but when I opened the bag up, it smelled like deer guts. Never had this experience before and I hope the sticks will be ok!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Alex Williams:
    Today I got the fiver of centurions from the daily deal a few days ago. I don't know why but when I opened the bag up, it smelled like deer guts. Never had this experience before and I hope the sticks will be ok!
    Oddly enough, I had a similar experience - mine smell like day-old tuna for some reason
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Alex Williams:
    Oddly enough, I had a similar experience - mine smell like day-old tuna for some reason
    I just hope they'll smoke good! These are one of my favorites.
  • Options
    You'll have to let me know; I've never smoked these before, so I have no idea what they're supposed to taste like.

• Options
    Definitely not tuna.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Got 2 pounds of beads today and 6 ounces of gel crystals to replace the foam in my Cigar Oasis. The swap from foam to crystals was pretty easy and so far so good, I'll see how it works in the long run, but right off the bat it feels more substantial than it did with the foam.
  • Options
    What kind of beads did you order; 65%? I'm looking around for a cigar oasis myself, since it'd take about $50 to humidify my new humi, I figure I might as well go the extra mile and get an oasis
  • Options
    I use 70% beads actually. During the summer here it gets very dry and 65 doesn't cut it.

It would cost you $50 buying from Heartfelt? If so, check out this Link for the same beads at a lower price.
  • Options
    It was a good day for my humidor. My trade with Phil arrived with Padilla Habanos and a Revolution plus a surprise Perdomo. Thanks Phil. My B&M also had a big Miami Cigar/E&Oevent. I picked up a 5 pack of Nestor Miranda Special Collection Oscuro Ruky Perfectos and a few 601's plus a Cubao and a Murcielago.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I use 70% beads actually. During the summer here it gets very dry and 65 doesn't cut it.
    Maybe we could work out some sort of air trade, j0z3r. I'm luck if I can keep my humi below 75% in the summer.
  • Options
    j0z3r:

It would cost you $50 buying from Heartfelt? If so, check out this Link for the same beads at a lower price.
    So it makes a difference what beads you use in the cigar oasis? I'm looking into replacing the foam immediately, and I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to switch out the beads with the seasons, or if I can get away with using 65% beads and leaving it alone after that

BTW, thanks for the tip; very nice alternative to Heartfelts high prices

• Options
    xmacro:
    j0z3r:

So it makes a difference what beads you use in the cigar oasis? I'm looking into replacing the foam immediately, and I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to switch out the beads with the seasons, or if I can get away with using 65% beads and leaving it alone after that

BTW, thanks for the tip; very nice alternative to Heartfelts high prices

Maybe I didn't understand what you meant...I thought you were talking about beads or Oasis. I purchased 6 ounces worth of crystal gel to put in my Oasis, the kind that comes in a jar. I've heard negative things about using beads in the Oasis, Maddy tried this and he said that when they dry out they get sucked into the fan.

I bought the beads just to use as beads, not to put them in anything. Hope that clears up what I did.

If you go the Oasis route and want to replace the foam, I'd suggest thinking about using the crystal gel. On that same site, you can buy a 2 ounce jar for $3, so it would cost $9 to fill up an Oasis.
  • Options
    Ah, that helps a lot - thanks. I've got about a pound of 65% beads rattling around, along with a few mesh screens; figure I might just cut one of those screens up and that should solve the bead-fan problem (hopefully). Thanks again for the info
  • Options
    Found some Perdomo Edicion de Silvios. Bought a *cough* box. Finding a place for that honkin' big box in the humi was not easy. I realize it's a special box for a special cigar, but, honestly, what were they thinking?
  • Options
    urbino:
    Found some Perdomo Edicion de Silvios. Bought a *cough* box. Finding a place for that honkin' big box in the humi was not easy. I realize it's a special box for a special cigar, but, honestly, what were they thinking?
    As always, I'd be happy to store them for you...my price would be a modest 40% off the top. Smile [:)]
  • Options
    Heh. Don't call me, I'll call you.

I suspect one might find its way into your hands, eventually, anyway.
  • Options
    Got my two fivers of the la herencia cubana psciro fuerte daily deal last week. Can't wait to get into em!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Hey Urbi, did you catch these on the Cigar.com special offer. I got an e-mail about a special offer today. 20% off all Perdomo.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 glorius boxes of 262 Paradigm Cigars. Robusto, Box Pressed Toro, and Torpedo. All for my own personal stash. These aren't samples baby!
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    Hey Urbi, did you catch these on the Cigar.com special offer. I got an e-mail about a special offer today. 20% off all Perdomo.
    No, I had to get them elsewhere.

20% off all Perdomos? I didn't get that email. Hmph.
  • Options
    Today I got a box of Kristoff Sumatra torpedos, already smoked one and enjoyed the heck out of it, looking forward to the remaining 19. I also got a 5 pack of Perdomo Champagne robustos and a couple singes that looked interesting, a Los Blancos Criollo robusto and a Los Blancos Sumatra robusto...never had a Los Blancos, but I hear good things.
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever had a Kristoff. Be interested to hear your thoughts.

(I find myself saying, "I don't think I've ever had a _____," lately. It's weird. I mean, I'm pretty sure I've been smoking cigars for quite a while, now.)
  • Options
    urbino:
    I don't think I've ever had a Kristoff. Be interested to hear your thoughts.

(I find myself saying, "I don't think I've ever had a _____," lately. It's weird. I mean, I'm pretty sure I've been smoking cigars for quite a while, now.)
    I love Kristoff cigars, perfectly balanced with a great blend that focuses the subtleties of the tobacco rather than boasting one bold flavor. Great cigars, the Sumatra is medium bodied and the Sumatra wrapper imparts a slightly earthy flavor that works perfectly. I'm thinking about smoking a second one.

Let me know if you'd like to try a couple, I'm sure we can work something out just like the old days.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    OK, so I didn't get these today but I had to share. They should be in tomorrow. I ordered a 5 pack of the new Opus X Magnum. They are one of the special sizes that Fuente is releasing this year. Can't wait to try one. Hopefully Friday night! And I'll age the rest.