Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    More lotto sticks from Ricky and Spencer, thanks boys!

• Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    today i got an ugly look from my wife as i ordered more cigars today....oops
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Not much worth mentioning on the cigar front, but I did pick up a bottle of Laphroig 10 at the local liquor mart.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Today I received a Mooch package from Mephisto. This package confuses me. I always thought Mooch packages were 5 or 6 decent cigars. In this case Darren took full advantage of the situation and bombed my a$$ back to the stone ages. As you can see this brother tore me a new one. I'm not even sure that what he did was legal. The good news is I now have his address in my Bork-O-Dex. Darren, be skeered, very skeered. Thank you for the Mooch.

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I received some cigars but more importantly, I got my locker at my lounge. That's right, out of wife sight storage................On to the sticks:

2 sets of Mi Barrio's (16 total sticks):

And this nice little package from Rudy (The Kid):

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Stopped by the B&M to get another old box to stablize my new coolidor. Picked up a couple sticks on the left, hung out and burned one, then as they opened up the last box of Prensado Churchill's...i took first grab at the most plumed cigars I have ever seen... The four on the right I got tonight, along with the 1926 and the two LFD's. The other two had significant plume and I got them last week. I cannot wait to try these sticks. image
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    That's mold. 99% sure.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    That's mold. 99% sure.

Definitely mold!
  • Options
    docbp87:
    That's mold. 99% sure.
    Sh$t...hope not... They had two boxes like this and everyone was firing them up the last two times I was there... Here's a pic without flash...please advise...cause I'll take them back! It's the spot huh...what should I do? image
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, it's definitely mold. If it isn't in the foot, it can probably be wiped off.
  • Options
    Check it out, with flash, then without flash, and here a couple more pics... image Same cigar no flash imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Yeah, it's definitely mold. If it isn't in the foot, it can probably be wiped off.
    ....THAT"S MOLD How dare that guy sell you those.
  • Options
    It's not in the foot of any of them, should I jsut wipe it off? What about storage? Never run into this...got my noob hopes up... damn...
  • Options
    Honestly guys, should I return these and ask for my money back???
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    catfishbluezz:

I would, but thats just based on principle. Would you have bought them if you knew it was mold? Asking to be inquisitive, not a smartass.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    The cigar isn't a rare cigar. They are plentiful just return it. They got rated high and it isn't worth ruining your experiance.
  • Options
    AJGARLETT:
    catfishbluezz:

I would, but thats just based on principle. Would you have bought them if you knew it was mold? Asking to be inquisitive, not a smartass.
    Hell no... I am going to call them tomorrow, but seriosuly they were all drooling over them and I had never seen anything like it. Noob lesson I guess... I wiped them all down and they look fine now, nothing on the foot either so I am guessing they can be saved... Checked a couple sites and they say to wipe them down with water and let them rest at room humidty for 2 days to see if it grows back. Hoenstly, the first two I got look like plume and i assumed as much as it appeared to be crystal like with the reflection. I'm pissed...but know that the lesson is valuable to learn too, which is why this forum rules.
  • Options
    For future reference guys, are these smokeable after the fact??? Sucks...because I cannot discern which two I bought first either which were fine...after I wiped them off
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    AJGARLETT:
    catfishbluezz:

Hell no... I am going to call them tomorrow, but seriosuly they were all drooling over them and I had never seen anything like it. Noob lesson I guess... I wiped them all down and they look fine now, nothing on the foot either so I am guessing they can be saved... Checked a couple sites and they say to wipe them down with water and let them rest at room humidty for 2 days to see if it grows back. Hoenstly, the first two I got look like plume and i assumed as much as it appeared to be crystal like with the reflection. I'm pissed...but know that the lesson is valuable to learn too, which is why this forum rules.
    If they can be wiped off, then it's definitely mold. Get your money back and don't risk trying to save it. Once fungus begins to grow, sticking it back in the humidor will only give it a chance to grow back. The spores are already there. Plume is just crystallized oils and natural sugars. Plume doesn't wipe off.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I had gotten two of them in an AB sampler and smoked one gave the other one to Kingjk729 but if I had another I would send it along with the Tat and LB 1922. Hope you get it sorted out man.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    wwhwang:
    catfishbluezz:
    AJGARLETT:
    catfishbluezz:

If they can be wiped off, then it's definitely mold. Get your money back and don't risk trying to save it. Once fungus begins to grow, sticking it back in the humidor will only give it a chance to grow back. The spores are already there. Plume is just crystallized oils and natural sugars. Plume doesn't wipe off.
    I'll be honest, I figured out which ones were the first two and you can see the reflection of the crystals when I look at them. The others i wiped off and there are still crystals there though
  • Options
    I feel like an idiot right now damnit.... I'm going to go light up something to chill the F OUT... I went from noob stoked to vet pissed off in a couple posts...
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    I feel like an idiot right now damnit.... I'm going to go light up something to chill the F OUT... I went from noob stoked to vet pissed off in a couple posts...
    Judging from your last two posts, it looks like both mold and plume then, if there are still crystalline-looking marks on the cigars. And look on the bright side. At least you didn't get beetles. Those a$$holes can infest an entire humidor really quickly. Not only that, a lot of people out there confuse mold with plume. The owner of the "T" site posted a video a year ago with huge puffs of mold saying "Now look at all that PLUME! This is what happens when you age it right." The video was pulled by the "T" site later lol.

But seriously, don't feel bad about it. We all learn through experience...AND you caught it before it spread to the rest of your humidor.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    enjoy a smoke and just be glad you caught it. Everybody learns one way or another. Good news is, you won't make the mistake again! So don't sweat it, it happens to all of us.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    enjoy a smoke and just be glad you caught it. Everybody learns one way or another. Good news is, you won't make the mistake again! So don't sweat it, it happens to all of us.
    Yup... I figure...I'll ask for an exchange and plead my case. If they accpet, I will bomb those **** with some MOW grease since they are clueless to the doom of AJ. If not, I'll never shop there again...which would suck. Time for a Ruination recovery
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    The good news is I won an auction for 25 mow pa's...bad news paid way too much. I thought I was getting a good deal on 5 boxes. I mis read the auction and it was for 5 five packs.......... lesson learned, read the posting carefully before bidding and don't trust the picture.......
  • Options
    joshvoigtjoshvoigt Posts: 325
    Sorry to see those moldy sticks. No way should a store be selling those. That's crazy! On a side note don't read into those CA ratings those are merely politics. I'm sorry but no way is a Prensado a 96 rating!
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Got these in yesterday, from a trade with allsmokedup. Was supposed to be a 10 for 10 trade, of course this brother can't count. The 5 vegas & gran habano sls were the trde, but he threw in some great additions which I've wanted to try. Aj fresh rolled, gh 2002. Great trader.

1a
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    MVW67:
    On my trip to the frozen tundra of Green Bay yesterday, I stopped at one or two or three B&Ms thought it would be polite to purchase some...Then after teaching met Deejmemixx for a short herf, he gave me the perdomo ex on the right and I left him with three others and I was gone!! image
    I have not seen Opus at any shops in town...where did u find them?
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got these today from RCY , Rick is truly an amazing brother.image