Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Let's Talk Hockey

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    What time did game 5 start? Every other one started at 5 my time. I went to watch it to find I missed the whole thing.
    Did the same Wayne, my one day off where I could watch the whole game and didn't catch a second of it
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    How many damn saves did Anderson have the other night, incredible considering game 5. Missed the game but the Pens had to be launching all night
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 something. He was incredible.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump!

How 'bout those Pens??? Sid Crosby's hat trick was an appropriate way to start a run at 3 cups in a row!! 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to see them playing like themselves again.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hawks suck bad, terrible defense again.  Hopefully they figure out how to work together, and stop this dump and chase ****.  They no longer have the speed to win the puck.  But on the upside St. Louis got straight owned!  Vegas also looked like ****.  These first couple days were interesting some surprises for sure.  So happy it's finally hockey season again!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND the Sharks blow the season opener to the Ducks...Dammit!
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look on the bright side @Patrickbrick Blackhawks = undefeated!  Whoop Whoop!  :D For at least one more day anyhow.....

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    …….. But on the upside St. Louis got straight owned!  ….
    Best part of this post, eh @bert873 :D  And it wasn't me that said it, so direct your anger at the source...  I'm just stirring the pot... :D
  • Options
    A great day in Hockey, eh @bert873   :D

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sending @Patrickbrick a case of natty light and box of swishers
  • Options
    I want to believe in Jake Allen but he is so inconsistent. I feel like we have great talent on the team but still lack that will to win. I look at teams like Washington with Ovechkin, The hawks with Kane and Toewes, etc. those players wanted the puck to win the game. I still just don’t see that with the Blues
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be worse. Your team could be going from one of the oldest teams in the league to playing six rookies on opening night, five of those playing in their first NHL game. This will be a long season. Again.
  • Options
    bert873 said:
    I want to believe in Jake Allen but he is so inconsistent. 
    Pick him up for your fantasy team @bert873, I fired him this morning.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Holy **** the Blues finally decided to play hockey!!
  • Options
    Vegas plain forgot how to play hockey, brutal to watch.  And unfortunately due to what they did last year they get a lot of air time on NBC Sports (the only channel except NHL network by me to air non local games).  So at work I get to watch Vegas suck while other great games are happening.  At least the Hawks are playing better than I expected, so there's that, and I get to have those games on at work too.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    This this is not to be celebrated, this represents the **** defense they have and the lack of clearing the front of the net.  Most of these games were blown leads late in the game.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/blackhawks-sports-history-fifth-straight-055724999.html

Also Charlie pointed out these huge goal games, I hope this does not stay the norm.  This cap area has a huge focus on offense in general.  Just look up the top money players.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    All about scoring points, same in football, baseball, basketball, soccer, water polo, synchronized swimming and whatever. Should award some style points for just plain knocking them on their ****.

Edit: Hey @CharlieHeis can say ass but I can't say @sses.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Charlie texted me this am that the second best/winningest coach in history along with his assistant Kevin Dineen were fired today.  Sorry to see Joel take the fall for **** upper management decisions.  Oh well hopefully the 33 year old replacement can get the defense and back check on track.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I am super happy I have the NHL network, the Hawks are pure $hit, and most days out of market games are blacked out on other channels.  At least I get see real hockey when I'm at home.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    For those that don't know, there are a few free games a week on the NHL app for your phone or tablet and is available on streaming devices such as AppleTV and Roku.
  • Options
    Congrats to the Lou Crew
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, St Louis 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    GrawlsGrawls Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GLORIA!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats St. Louis.  Anything that denies a team from Boston a championship works for me!