Home Non Cigar Related

Let's Talk Hockey

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had a dollar for every F bomb dropped on live TV lol
    Cory Crawfords was the best, he definitely set the president 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who? I don't care about your Penguins. 
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draft beer sales have skyrocketed in St. Louis, now that they finally have a Cup. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A teams first championship is special, especially a long suffering franchise..

Go Lou Crew
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You always remember your first time, especially if it takes 52 years.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the end of an era. We shall never again be able to use the “cuz they don’t have any cups” memes. It was a good run while it lasted. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hawks **** suck big sweaty floppy donkey balls!
    And WTF is with the zebra stripe costumes?!?! 🤮
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Never commented here before, as I've never been a fan of most any organized sport.  My son, however, is a big hockey fan.  So, I watched the Tampa / St. Louis game with him a couple weeks ago.  I have to say, Tampa's goalie was seriously impressive!  I thought they'd win, but noticed that every time they got control of the puck they immediately turned it back over to St. Louis, much to my son's distress.  He's a Lightnings fan, got the shirts and hats etc.

So, my question is, is Hockey like Pro-wrestling?  The outcome's predetermined? 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask the 2018/2019 season...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    How so? What was unique about the 2018/2019 season?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    No, no it is not.  It is the most difficult title to win in sports.  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Wylaff said:
    How so? What was unique about the 2018/2019 season?
    Every single bracket was an upset. ESPN even reset their fantasy brackets to allow people to re-pick after the first round.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for Boston, that's pretty close.  Of course, when you purchase referees the way the sharts do, upsets are bound to happen...
    Don't look ↑
    My team is the worst in the league right now. They snapped a month long losing streak the other night and here is the amazing empty net goal they scored. Nothing but the back of the net from the entire length of the ice.
    Nothing but net!
    Don't look ↑
    The hawks suck so **** bad they let a goalie score last night.
    MOW badge received.
    edited January 2020
    Well at least they didn't give up four in the first period too the Queen's last night!
    Don't look ↑
    You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

I see this commercial multiple times during games on NHL.TV. Have y'all seen this?
    https://youtu.be/M_bKa4A2hyo

This one too, but it doesn't hit as hard. 
    https://youtu.be/qRbs3dLW4ec
  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh, I’ve been looking for a thread like this. @VegasFrank are you proud of these abominations?

I mean the Sharks’ teal was controversial when it first debuted. But these.... oh my. Is that turmeric with a hint of saffron? What’s happening here

Only a sharTs fan would want to talk about saffron clothes in a hockey thread @Cam_91

Don't look ↑

I'd rather talk about this @Cam_91

Don't look ↑

Four whole points

• MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I've said before, Vegas needs all that glitter for their second job as strippers after the game.

Don't look ↑

Today’s statement from the NHL regarding tracking pucks.