Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

What year, and where the hell did you find them?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Younger son found them near Champaign, Illinois.
    Might be 2 left.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:

Much better than the Sweet Baby Jesus

Looks much better than my PBR. I do like Sweet Baby Jesus though.

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today is National IPA Day. Be sure to celebrate with your favorite hops!!!

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@rad1964 said:
    I was a big beer snob for a while. I guess I am taking a break for now. But I live in an area where beer is abundant from everywhere! I live across the street from the best German restaurant in San Francisco (Suppenkuche) and they have so many authentic German beers on tap, it is even funny. Plus they serve each in their own special glass... just like Germany!

A few beers I have enjoyed and would certainly drink again, in no particular order:

Paulaner

Murphys

Hefeweizen

any Double Cream Stout

Lindeman Framboise Raspberry

Also I live within walking distance to this bar Toronado

I'd love to have another
    BITBURG. Drank it fresh daily from the brewery for years when stationed in Germany.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Spotted this at the liquor store today. From Cigar City Brewing ( https://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/beer/spanish-cedar-jai-alai/ ). Steeped with Spanish cedar! Just had to try a four-pack

Their tasting notes read:

Cracked black pepper and sandalwood aromas present themselves assertively but complement the base beer’s tangerine, clementine and citrus peel notes. Balanced and juicy on the palate, caramel-like malt flavor helps temper bitterness and spice from the wood, while the distinct flavor of cedar lingers long on the tongue.

Yeah... written in the grand tradition of tasting notes.

Anyhoo, I paired it with a GoldenHair robusto, which I rolled mid-June. These bustos are blended with an Ecuadorian viso binder holding Pelo de Oro (Golden Hair) seco round a Dominican Criollo viso core, all wrapped in the now unobtanium FX Smith's CT shade. I figured that this typical Dominican blend, with its dry, nutmeg, aromatic & mellow character, would go well with Spanish cedar. It did not disappoint.

I do not recommend this beer for refreshment. It would prolly give you the gacks. But simply as mouthwash during a gar, it works admirably.

They have a host of other beers as well. Seem like bold experimenters. Luyckily, they sell their beers in four-packs, so if you can't stand the first one, there's only three to chuck.

The brewery name is right.

nota bene: about to embark on a new stash of Golden Hairs blent with a Pelo de Oro ligero core instead of criollo.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    Spotted this at the liquor store today. From Cigar City Brewing ( https://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/beer/spanish-cedar-jai-alai/ ). Steeped with Spanish cedar! Just had to try a four-pack

Their tasting notes read:

Cracked black pepper and sandalwood aromas present themselves assertively but complement the base beer’s tangerine, clementine and citrus peel notes. Balanced and juicy on the palate, caramel-like malt flavor helps temper bitterness and spice from the wood, while the distinct flavor of cedar lingers long on the tongue.

Yeah... written in the grand tradition of tasting notes.

Anyhoo, I paired it with a GoldenHair robusto, which I rolled mid-June. These bustos are blended with an Ecuadorian viso binder holding Pelo de Oro (Golden Hair) seco round a Dominican Criollo viso core, all wrapped in the now unobtanium FX Smith's CT shade. I figured that this typical Dominican blend, with its dry, nutmeg, aromatic & mellow character, would go well with Spanish cedar. It did not disappoint.

I do not recommend this beer for refreshment. It would prolly give you the gacks. But simply as mouthwash during a gar, it works admirably.

They have a host of other beers as well. Seem like bold experimenters. Luyckily, they sell their beers in four-packs, so if you can't stand the first one, there's only three to chuck.

The brewery name is right.

nota bene: about to embark on a new stash of Golden Hairs blent with a Pelo de Oro ligero core instead of criollo.

Cigar citys brown ale is really good also.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Sandalwood? Hard pass for a beer. Any patchouli notes?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

I want to go there

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    I want to come there

FIFY

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

@rsherman24 said:

Our local bnm got some new beer in, the waitress also knows a lot about cigars

Looks like she's had a few sticks.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, I know, but this stuff is really good!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mind blown!

This tastes like Dragons Milk White Chocolate.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

A friend gave me a quart crowler of Never Go Full Murk by Blue Oak Brewing Company to try fresh. I'm looking for tobacco pairing ideas, pipe or cigar.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

I almost grabbed one of those, went with this instead.

MOW badge received.