Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Bro.  What's cooking your end?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    ...Beer Can Chicken.
  • Options
    Nice
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 racks of ribs finishing up right now.  45lbs of pulled pork 2 nights ago.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Dang, my BBQ was at capacity with 6 racks and 3.3 # of wings.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TruDog said:
    Yakster said:
    ...Beer Can Chicken.
    Beer butt chicken is the chits.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some tuna with Bell Peppers, crushed cashews and this fantastic hot sauce from @CalvinAndHobo

Damned good stuff.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    I didn't want to but had to bomb a good friend to get some more of that sauce.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wendy's-- Dave's triple cheesburger, fries, and a Dr. Pepper; probably 1600 calories,
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @peter4jc, Man that meal looks really really good🤤
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    @peter4jc, Man that meal looks really really good🤤
    Looked great, tasted even better! 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Habanero poppers scare me a little bit but you are the pepper guru
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meal prep Sunday. Figured I’d take a picture this time. Mongolian beef with short ribs instead of flank steak. And I added bacon, because it’s bacon and duh. First intentionally overcooked the bacon in the oven, crumbled it up, and saved it. Used the fat to cook the asparagus (I prefer it to Chinese broccoli) and added some garlic and salt. Then coated the ribs in corn starch, pan fried them, set them aside and made the sauce with soy sauce, brown sugar, molasses, water, and some spices. Added the ribs back in and let the corn starch on the ribs thicken the sauce. Rice is cooking on a different burner during this. Added asparagus and green onion and bacon crumbles and mixed it up. Now set for the week. 

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fried up some lamb chops and baked macaroni and cheese, with about a gallon of iced tea because it was really HAWT.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    Corn dogs and Tylenol.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    picked an armload of Japanese cucumbers, so cucumber spears seasoned with salt and black pepper, cottage cheese, and some almonds.
  • Options
    I always check this thread when @silvermouse has posted, eating dandelions one day and KFC the next, the Japanese cucumbers sound delicious.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night 

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn that sounds GREAT
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just threw some chicken on the grill. 
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    Darn that sounds GREAT
    It was killer, man oh man!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I reverse seared some killer ribeyes with my own rub on them.  I was too hungry to take pictures.  Steamed asparagus on the side with some cheddar and sour cream mashed potatoes.

When I was dropping one in the skillet I actually dropped it and oil exploded all over me.  I burned my lip and my eyebrow and left forearm.  Ruined some clothes, but it could have been much worse.  For once, I'm thankful for wearing glasses.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Rock the plank!