Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    PIZZA pizza!
    My wife made the crust from scratch, topped with bbq sauce,grilled chicken, caramelized red onion and bacon!
    Our first try and it looks pretty AWSOME! 

If it tastes half as good as it looks you got an incredible pizza pie. You and your wife make a great culinary team. If you guys don't own a pizza joint, you might consider opening one.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pair that with some cigars and beverages and your all set.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homemade salsa and corn chips. Green beans, summer squash, a bit of chicken. Living out of the garden.
    Love cooking and eating food you grow yourself, very cool Edward!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    green beans, squash, kale, wild tomatoes, and goat cheese, boiled red bliss potatoes. gonna balance the healthy dinner with a bowl of ice cream.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    We had a good Labor Day Weekend
    Saturday, we celebrated my wife's birthday a little late with some beautiful well-marbled Prime Angus strips reverse seared to her preferred medium.  They were accompanied with loaded Hasselback style potatoes and balsamic Parmesan roasted Brussels Sprouts.

Sunday, my 14 YO boy grilled some perfect burgers for us.  85-15 meat.  Some friends over after church.  Farmer Market tomato galore.  Yum.

Monday for lunch we broke out the panini press and had a smorgasbord of toasted sandwiches with various sweet and hot peppers from the garden to accompany.

For supper, I made a pork tenderloin crusted in garlic and herbs.  Smashed red potato and green bean casserole like your great-aunt used to make at the family holiday gathering.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel said:
    We had a good Labor Day Weekend
    Saturday, we celebrated my wife's birthday a little late with some beautiful well-marbled Prime Angus strips reverse seared to her preferred medium.  They were accompanied with loaded Hasselback style potatoes and balsamic Parmesan roasted Brussels Sprouts.

Sunday, my 14 YO boy grilled some perfect burgers for us.  85-15 meat.  Some friends over after church.  Farmer Market tomato galore.  Yum.

Monday for lunch we broke out the panini press and had a smorgasbord of toasted sandwiches with various sweet and hot peppers from the garden to accompany.

For supper, I made a pork tenderloin crusted in garlic and herbs.  Smashed red potato and green bean casserole like your great-aunt used to make at the family holiday gathering.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    My take on easy bruschetta. Drizzled with balsamic vinegar.   
    Been making that for years. Didn't know it had a fancy name.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Is that chicken tortilla soup Steve? Either way looks good!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hungry the simpsons GIF
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Chicken, Goya chorizo, and golden potato soup. Garnished with a lime wedge, fresh cilantro, avocado, tortilla strips, white quesadilla cheese, and thin sliced fresh jalapenos. 

ETA:  Got some corn in there too.....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    Chicken, Goya chorizo, and golden potato soup. Garnished with a lime wedge, fresh cilantro, avocado, tortilla strips, white quesadilla cheese, and thin sliced fresh jalapenos. 

ETA:  Got some corn in there too.....
    Damn that sounds good, hope you enjoyed it as it looks fantastic!
  • Options
    Yes I'd eat it.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Plum, yes. Pineapple, no.  I don't know why.  Figs do good on pizza, too.  Especially if there's ricotta and sweet-hot peppers involved.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it's not Ol Roy
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Tandoori chicken pizza, yum!  Paired with a Zin sour ale.