Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a beef stew in the Instapot last night and tonight I have a wild game feed for the outdoors club I am an.  I am making Venison Bacon sliders.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/low-carb-avgolemeno-greek-chicken-lemon-egg-soup/

That's the lemony soup recipe.  We had a ton of chicken broth leftover from Thanksgiving.  It's a staple in our house so we buy the tetra-packs a lot, but I kinda went overboard at Sam's this year.  This used up a box and a half of broth.

That sounds like a lot.  But my family ate it up.  Seconds for most and leftovers for the wife and me the next day.  My picky eater kids both like it a lot and ask for it again every time I make it.  My son doesn't like most soups we make, but they're my wife's favorite winter food so we make them once or twice each week.  If there's one he likes (as opposed to he'll just eat it and be grumpy) I'll make it more often.  And as long as the wife makes me a sandwich with the soup I'm fine (I jest, I jest).

It calls for cooked spaghetti squash.  I've done it in the microwave, but I find with this recipe, if I roast it in the oven (cut in half, seeds removed) face down with some water in the sheet pan at 350-375, by the time I'm ready to add it to the soup after all the other prep of cooking the chicken, etc., it's ready to go.  It will cook a little in the soup, so you want it to be just short of your preferred texture.

Spaghetti squash is one of our favorite things.  My wife is T1D so noodles are not ideal, and we can sub the squash in a lot of stuff without it being a super hassle to cook, though it is a bit more work than throwing dried noodles in some boiling water.  Plus it has a subtle flavor that's really good.  A little evoo, fresh herbs, pepper and Parm (another staple for us, the good stuff, not the green cylinder) make a great side out of it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonight's going to be acorn squash stuffed with egg, celery, garlic, cheese, and sausage.
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I had Pho for the first time. It was delicious.😋

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a friend Xmas party tonight.  Im providing the meat.

Need to find this for Brad....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a friend Xmas party tonight.  Im providing the meat.

I don't see any bacon.....oh never mind! 😂
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    last night made the chicken/lemon/chicken stock/spaghetti squash soup that someone, jd?, mentioned. Not bad.
    Tonight eggplant lasagna, our traditional solstice meal of things from our garden; no woodchuck this year, coyotes must have got them all, not that I am complaining
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adobo Oh so good. I ate it all before I could snap a pic.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    last night made the chicken/lemon/chicken stock/spaghetti squash soup that someone, jd?, mentioned. Not bad.
    Tonight eggplant lasagna, our traditional solstice meal of things from our garden; no woodchuck this year, coyotes must have got them all, not that I am complaining
    That's funny.  I made it last night at the family's request.  I think it's not bad, too.  Not my favorite, but different and good.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ate some cream cheese, bacon wrapped duck and just plowed the one on the front right down...I can’t move Lol

Merry Christmas 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a drool inducing picture but I did a roasted turkey breast, ranch dressing mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet peas, butter beans, and biscuits. 
  • Options
    totally irresponsible -- pop corn, potato chips and clam dip, cookies, while watching The King of Hearts; last time I saw that movie was 48 years ago.
  • Options
    Pre football meal

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Filipino tonight. Spring rolls, 1/2 Chicken and Sweet Potato Stix

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheeat,  brother you eat better in the sandbox than I do at home. Not feeling sorry for you no mo.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Skillet seasoned panko chicken tenders, real mashed potatoes and seasoned butter beans.
  • Options
    An early dinner at the local restaurant before the drinkers arrive, a steak, grilled shrimp, onion rings, ginger ale on the side. Yawn.
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Sheeat,  brother you eat better in the sandbox than I do at home. Not feeling sorry for you no mo.
    Look Tonka truck driver I will gladly trade you places if you would like. 

However don't hate on the cooking. You should take cooking classes. If not cereal and beans are always easy to make.

<3
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Ham and Beans

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ did journey bring a crockpot, or did they bring you food for five?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    ^^^ did journey bring a crockpot, or did they bring you food for five?
    I had to buy it all. That is a 220v crock pot

This stuff gets better after a few days in the fridge
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?