Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I didn't feel like cooking today so I just ubered some McDonald's for me and the kids....

Heathen...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • KsqsmokingKsqsmoking Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, flag me if you must. I had pork loin with an apricot sauce and egg noodles. Didn’t Door Dash. My wife cooked. I hope this passes as a legitimate meal from an acceptable source.

The obstacle is the way.

@Ksqsmoking said:
    Ok, flag me if you must. I had pork loin with an apricot sauce and egg noodles. Didn’t Door Dash. My wife cooked. I hope this passes as a legitimate meal from an acceptable source.

Pics are a big plus....🍽

That looks amazing!

I can send you the recipe.

The obstacle is the way.

@Ksqsmoking said:
    I can send you the recipe.

Please do, or just post it here for all.

You can grill the loin, or roast the loin at 425 for 45 minutes or until up to temp.

Apricot sauce is easy. Reduce two chopped onions, two teaspoons of Dijon mustard, and one jar of apricot preserve. Spoon over pork.

Boil some noodles and enjoy.

The obstacle is the way.

Is that basil wilted in or parsley?

Basil is optional

The obstacle is the way.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long do I microwave the pork loin for?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

@VegasFrank said:

60 minutes

The obstacle is the way.

On high

The obstacle is the way.

@VegasFrank said:

@Stubble said:

@VegasFrank said:

I’m hoping @VegasFrank was joking about microwaving meat like that. Violation.

The obstacle is the way.

edited July 21

He's just pulling your chain...that's what he does.

@Stubble said:
    He's just pulling your chain...that's what he does.

Good. I’m starting to feel all warm and fuzzy.

The obstacle is the way.

edited July 22

@Ksqsmoking said:
    On high

Microwave ovens only come with one power. Unless of course your microwave oven comes with more within one magnetron. I would find that odd because all microwave magnetrons are regulated by the government.

Those so-called power levels that they store cons you with are just a pulse device that turns on and off the magnetron in regular intervals.

Of course, there are hot spots and cold spots in any microwave oven because the electrons and associated radio waves (micro-waves, if you will) spin across the cooking area in a particular pattern, as they are shot from the magnetron. So increasing and decreasing the rate of spin on your turntable will replicate the so-called power levels that your microwave comes with.

Of course, if you have any typical microwave oven, the motor that runs the turntable only runs at one speed. Or in the case of Samsung's, not at all after about 20 hours of use. Right @Vision Pete?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

@VegasFrank said:

@Ksqsmoking said:
    On high

Microwave ovens only come with one power. Unless of course your microwave oven comes with more within one magnetron. I would find that odd because all microwave magnetrons are regulated by the government.

Those so-called power levels that they store cons you with are just a pulse device that turns on and off the magnetron in regular intervals.

Of course, there are hot spots and cold spots in any microwave oven because the electrons and associated radio waves (micro-waves, if you will) spin across the cooking area in a particular pattern, as they are shot from the magnetron. So increasing and decreasing the rate of spin on your turntable will replicate the so-called power levels that your microwave comes with.

Of course, if you have any typical microwave oven, the motor that runs the turntable only runs at one speed. Or in the case of Samsung's, not at all after about 20 hours of use. Right @Vision Pete?

Magnetron? I thought they ran on flux capacitors.

The obstacle is the way.

@Ksqsmoking said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Ksqsmoking said:
    On high

No, klystron's run on flux capacitors dummy. Magnetrons run on Mr. Fusion. Everyone knows this.

@VegasFrank said:

@Ksqsmoking said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Ksqsmoking said:
    On high

No, klystron's run on flux capacitors dummy. Magnetrons run on Mr. Fusion. Everyone knows this.

Yeah, I stand corrected!

The obstacle is the way.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Ksqsmoking said:
    On high

I have never personally come across a microwave with a variable rate/speed turn table nor a unit with multiple magnetrons. 20 hours of use from a Samsung microwave..... you got a good one!

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had a half rack of ribs, steak fries, grilled shrimp and a bloomin onion.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.