Home General Discussion
Options

Michigan members?

Comments

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    All those places sound awesome, although I would prefer to go some place where we could smoke and drink. Either way smoking & drinking are a must!
  • Options
    DaveTheRookie09:
    I am from Auburn Hills so fairly close to detroit! I am totally down for a smoke... sucks living with anti smoking parents. -Dave
    Welcome Dave. Be sure to say a little something on the newbie thread. Deeetroit Baaaasketballllll!!!! Tat and I don't live far from you and we are always looking for another BOTL to enjoy a few sticks with. This forum has a bunch of good people so once again welcome.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    All those places sound awesome, although I would prefer to go some place where we could smoke and drink. Either way smoking & drinking are a must!
    ohio is smoke free.

however, the local B&M gets most of its profit from tobacco so it is NOT smoke free. they have a back room and a fridge. BYOB(everage) that day. ive had plenty of beer there. if im not mistaken they have a DVD player on a big tv.

i have to make sure to get the day off of work. feb 27th....

better jot that down...
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    ohio is smoke free.

however, the local B&M gets most of its profit from tobacco so it is NOT smoke free. they have a back room and a fridge. BYOB(everage) that day. ive had plenty of beer there. if im not mistaken they have a DVD player on a big tv.

better jot that down...
    I've set the day aside.
  • Options
    Do any of you Michiganders have any good locations for a good smoke? With it being winter time it sucks having to sit outside. There is a local Smokers Outlet by my place but they seem kinda disapproving of smoking anything not purchased there that day. I'm sure there has to be some form of a cigar lovers hangout...
  • Options
    I'm from the Adrian area, I should be home from Iraq by then and would love to meet up with you guys for a smoke and/or drink.
  • Options
    fire78n88:
    I'm from the Adrian area, I should be home from Iraq by then and would love to meet up with you guys for a smoke and/or drink.
    keep watching the forum for updates. you are more than welcome.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    ohio is smoke free.

better jot that down...
    I've set the day aside.
    I will mark it on the calendar but won't know for sure until a few weeks prior.....don't even know where I will be after Christmas. We are in contract neg. right now so its all up in the air. We can still smoke inside most places here in Michigan but it's moving to smoke free. Just so yall know Tat had a computer melt down, family, & school. He will be back on soon.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    fire78n88:
    keep watching the forum for updates. you are more than welcome.
    Fire, come smoke, drink, and be happy my friend! What better way to celebrate coming home. Stop me if you heard this one before. Do you know why women love firefighters? Casue they carry around all that hose!
  • Options
    DaveTheRookie09:
    Do any of you Michiganders have any good locations for a good smoke? With it being winter time it sucks having to sit outside. There is a local Smokers Outlet by my place but they seem kinda disapproving of smoking anything not purchased there that day. I'm sure there has to be some form of a cigar lovers hangout...
    Dave if you come to the Capitol City I could def. take you to some places where we can go to smoke. You don't have to be 21 because most places are College student, family friendly....although it would be more fun if you were 21 because there would be more options & of course drinks.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Wow - looks like we got a few more Michigan members. Welcome guys.

It's typical of most B&Ms to look down on smoking stuff that you didn't buy from them. One way I know guys get around this is to say something like, "Hey, I know you want me to smoke stuff I buy here, but I like to age my cigars. Do you mind if I buy one today but smoke something I brought?" They are still getting business and you are smoking your rested cigars. Everyone wins.

There are bars around me in Royal Oak that allow cigar smoking. Goodnight Gracie's and Black Finn are two close to me that I frequent.

The 27th of Feb should work well for me. And if we can BYOB to a local B&M, awesome.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    And if we can BYOB to a local B&M, awesome.
    Phil you really are a cheap ***!!! Make sure you BYOB this Thrusday.
  • Options
    good news. the back room at the shop will be renovated by the time you all show up. it should be SWEET.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    good news. the back room at the shop will be renovated by the time you all show up. it should be SWEET.
    You know how they tell you to trust your inSTINKS? Well this STINKS! Phil I think they are trying to get us down there so they can take our boose & smokes then god knows what in the newly renovated "SWEET back room"! LOL I can't wait to watch what they do to you. Careful though Kuzi he is just a little guy.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    You know how they tell you to trust your inSTINKS? Well this STINKS! Phil I think they are trying to get us down there so they can take our boose & smokes then god knows what in the newly renovated "SWEET back room"! LOL I can't wait to watch what they do to you. Careful though Kuzi he is just a little guy.
    ...any of you guys ever see Pulp Fiction ?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    ...any of you guys ever see Pulp Fiction ?

Go get the Gimp ...
  • Options
    Do they speak English in What?
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    DaveTheRookie09:
    Do they speak English in What?

"What" ain't no country I ever heard of.

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I can honestly say that I have not seriously watched that movie at all... I only remember the weird line about cheeseburgers and the adrenaline in the heart of some druggie...
  • Options
    Did you ever see this Youtube vid? It's a kinetic typography from one of the more well-known scenes in the movie.

• Options
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    I'm not bringing you nothin! My presence alone is a gift in itself! ;)

I suppose I should bring you something if u actually saved that cigar for me... Fine...
  • Options
    So back to the topic at hand... when are we meeting at this a newly pimped out B&M and where is said B&M...
  • Options
    i know that the title of this thread is "michigan members" but the B&M is in akron ohio. they are The Village Tobacconist
    i am not the "matt" they refer to on the website, but he is a friend of mine and he should be there. that guy knows so much about cigars it scares me.

the date seems to be Feb 27th (its a Saturday) not there on the time yet but we can work on that. they close at 9PM but we can just hop on down the road to a good bar i know and grab a beer when that happens.
  • Options
    Kuzi - are they going to mind us bringing our own cigars?
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    I'm not bringing you nothin! My presence alone is a gift in itself! ;)

I suppose I should bring you something if u actually saved that cigar for me... Fine...
    I did save that cigar for you and good thing you called me today because I almost sent it out to someone else!!! As long as you are bringing booze make sure you are bringing your drinking shoes too. Oh & don't forget the sleeping bag. LOL
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    That is a great question. Also do they mind if I pee a lot? When I drink I have a pregnant woman's bladder. Oh and one more thing do they have any special, unique, hard to find cigars there that I should be bringing a few extra bucks to purchase?
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i know that the title of this thread is "michigan members" but the B&M is in akron ohio. they are The Village Tobacconist
    i am not the "matt" they refer to on the website, but he is a friend of mine and he should be there. that guy knows so much about cigars it scares me.

the date seems to be Feb 27th (its a Saturday) not there on the time yet but we can work on that. they close at 9PM but we can just hop on down the road to a good bar i know and grab a beer when that happens.

I've heard of the Village Tobacconist. I almost went there once, but ended up going to a different shop because it was closer.

Hey Kuzi, we'll have to get together sometime before the end of February. I just got directions from mapquest and the Village is less than 60 miles from my house.

• Options
    bacon.jay:
    kuzi16:

I've heard of the Village Tobacconist. I almost went there once, but ended up going to a different shop because it was closer.

Hey Kuzi, we'll have to get together sometime before the end of February. I just got directions from mapquest and the Village is less than 60 miles from my house.

i have a different schedule every week.
    but keep me posted when you think it would be good to come up and ill tell you if i can be there or not. keep in mind that i work restaurant hours.
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    That is a great question. Also do they mind if I pee a lot? When I drink I have a pregnant woman's bladder. Oh and one more thing do they have any special, unique, hard to find cigars there that I should be bringing a few extra bucks to purchase?
    they wont mind if you bring your own so much if you buy something as well. they wont kick you out and they wont look down on me but its kinda like bringing your own food into a restaurant or your own beer to a bar. I have done it in the past. i probably will that day, but i will also buy something. the selection there is great. i cant walk in there and NOT buy something. its a good shop. they always have some good stuff that i dont see anywhere.

they also have their own restroom. they dont mind a bit.

just dont stop it up....
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I have to agree that this is a great B&M. I have been there prolly 3-4 times now and can't get out of there without a handful of cigars.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    I have to agree that this is a great B&M. I have been there prolly 3-4 times now and can't get out of there without a handful of cigars.

Sounds like me when I go into Sandusky Bay Cigars. I went in there last week and walked out with three of Darrin's blends, a Cain Maduro Torp, two Nub Maduros, and a Camacho Coyolar Puro Torp.