Home General Discussion

Michigan members?

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Kuzi:
    ...they wont mind if you bring your own so much if you buy something as well.
    I assumed I would be buying a few while down there the way you talk about this place. With you and brandon being there, I'm sure I'll be able to get a few recommendations for ones I haven't tried yet, too.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    Kuzi:
    ...they wont mind if you bring your own so much if you buy something as well.
    I assumed I would be buying a few while down there the way you talk about this place. With you and brandon being there, I'm sure I'll be able to get a few recommendations for ones I haven't tried yet, too.
    Yes little gems in the rough! I can't wait to try something new.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not sure if they will have things you have never heard of but they aften have things that you cant get almost anywhere.

last year they had a box of Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Between the Lines, and Anejo Sharks. since then ive seen Tat blacks, LFD Limitado, limited edition Camacho Triple Maduro, the NEW size of the Winston Churchill cigars, short run AVOs, Davidoff Culebras... its crazy

one of the guys who works there is the only person i have ever met that is more into cigars than myself. he orders some crazy stuff
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    im not sure if they will have things you have never heard of but they aften have things that you cant get almost anywhere.

last year they had a box of Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Between the Lines, and Anejo Sharks. since then ive seen Tat blacks, LFD Limitado, limited edition Camacho Triple Maduro, the NEW size of the Winston Churchill cigars, short run AVOs, Davidoff Culebras... its crazy

one of the guys who works there is the only person i have ever met that is more into cigars than myself. he orders some crazy stuff
    I actually stopped there yesterday (was in town for lunch) They had a great selection of Pete Johnson stuff, a few different sizes of Anejo's, a few different sizes of Opus X, several Illusione, some Oliva V maddy 09s....the list could go on. It was hard not spending every last dime I had in there. But I got away for a bit over $50...and a couple gifts for friends. I'm looking forward to coming up in Feb.
    i wish we coulda met up but i was working.

im about to head out there in a few... gunna be back today?
    HA!
    naw...I was literally in there for maybe 15 minutes...then to the Blue Fig for lunch...then down in Canton immediately following.
  • Thanks Baconjay for pointing me to this thread.  I had no idea this B&M was at Summit Mall.  It's only 25 minutes from my house.  I should be able to make it on the 27th.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    RobRutkowski:
    Thanks Baconjay for pointing me to this thread.  I had no idea this B&M was at Summit Mall.  It's only 25 minutes from my house.  I should be able to make it on the 27th.

No problem Rob! I'm actually planning on going out there sometime before the Feb. 27th meet date that everyone is going to do, I just have to find a day that Kuzi can go as well. If I can set something up before that, I'll definitely let you know!

ill be there tuesday at about noon-thirty.
    kuzi16:
    ill be there tuesday at about noon-thirty.

Cool, I might try to make it out there that day then. Gonna be there long enough to smoke a cigar or two?

ill be there till 3:30ish. i work at 4. ill have a "Defiance" hat on (Xikar defiance cigar. its a black hat with white stitching) . its black. ill probably be the youngest guy there. i may have on all black. i have a goatee.
    in fact...

here i am:
    im in that shop in that pic.
    my real name is matt. be careful, that is also the name of the guy behind the counter. better just call me kuzi.
    ill keep an eye out for you.
    How is the Defiance? I've heard good things but have never found any near me for sale.
    its not a bad smoke. not the best i ever had but its good enough to put on the hat.
    Hey if anyone is interested Tat & I are going to be in the Detroit area tomorrow for a Herf.
    i helped take the old chairs out of the back room at this place today. i cant wait to see the new stuff they are gunna have delivered tomorrow.
    Were you able to get any of those new LFD Factory Press Prensado Maduros they got in after you left Monday, or were they out by the time you made it the next day? Also can't wait to see the new diggs.

gone, of course.

but no worries.

there are so many rare cigars that they get in i cant feel bad about missing one.

i got into cigars to relax, not to freak out when i cant get every short run cigar i want.
    I just got my work schedule and my boss was nice enough to make sure that I had that entire weekend off of the 27th. I will be able to make it to the Herf!!! I'm really looking forward to next month and meeting some of you jokers. Just talked to Tat (Phil) & he still has to get his kitchen pass from his better half.
    I and a non forum member friend will be up for the Herf. We are both looking forward to it.
  • I am going to try to make this as well.
    looks like I'll be able to make this one with sandman. Sounds like we could have a great turnout!
    oh... btw

BYOB

kuzi16:
    oh... btw

BYOB

Wooo Hooo cheap booze!!! Hey Tat who's turn is it to buy? hummm I'm thinking it's your turn since I brought the last bottle that we stayed up too late drinking. Or if you are planning on bringing Jeff maybe we should make him buy.
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    oh... btw

BYOB

Wooo Hooo cheap booze!!! Hey Tat who's turn is it to buy? hummm I'm thinking it's your turn since I brought the last bottle that we stayed up too late drinking. Or if you are planning on bringing Jeff maybe we should make him buy.
    heh, yeah I think it's my turn. I'll bring something delicious for us. Not sure if Jeff is going to come.
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    oh... btw

BYOB

heh, yeah I think it's my turn. I'll bring something delicious for us. Not sure if Jeff is going to come.
    Tat I wonder if we should wait to stop at a store in Ohio to buy the booze. It might be cheaper down there. I'm just thinking of your pocketbook buddy!
    iduno.... ohios laws about alcohol suck.
    kuzi16:
    heh, but this is Michigan. Our taxes are outrageous on tobacco and booze.
    TatuajeVI:
    kuzi16:
    Dang gone Canadian Gov. can't wait until she is out of office. Not that it's all her fault but it's easier to blame Canada for everything.
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    kuzi16:
    Dang gone Canadian Gov. can't wait until she is out of office. Not that it's all her fault but it's easier to blame Canada for everything.
    Blame the mole!
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    kuzi16:
    Blame the mole!
    I've got it we can get The Beard to take out the mole! Happy days are here again.