Home General Discussion
Options

Michigan members?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    two weeks to go.

its about time for directions:
    HERE is the location/hours according to their website.

though the address is correct there are a few things that need to bee added to make the place easy to find.

the shop is on the north side of the mall with no entrance from inside the mall. its an external entrance between Macy's and Goodyear. the street you see from the shop is NOT market, it is SMITH ROAD.

i will be there from open to close that day (10 AM- 9 PM) unless everyone leaves early

if you need to google a hotel because you feel you need to spend the night the zip code of the shop is 44333. at the interchange of I-77 and Rt 18 there are a few hotels. this is about 5 minutes from the shop. i may or may not be going out for a drink afterword, depending how we all feel.

speaking of drinks....
    though it is BYOB, please remember that this is NOT a bar. they do not serve alcohol. if you are in the front of the shop your drink should not bee seen. if you are in the back of the shop all should be good. not that you need to hear it but the shop told me to tell you to remember to act like gentlemen. they are a business and they want to keep their business.

speaking of the back room....
    this is probably where most of the time will be spent. its kind of hard to see when you walk in. when you walk in you will see the counter sort of in front of you and off to the right you will see the walk in humidor. at the end of the counter there is a round table. between the table and the humidor there is a passage that leads to the back room where you will find plenty of room to sit in couches and chairs.

im sure from there we should be able to figure it all out.

i cant wait to see you all.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sandman and I are going to start searching for a hotel to crash at for Saturday. We plan on arriving around lunch time so we can get some good smokes in.

Some questions for you, Kuzi:
    Should we bring ice? Or do they have some sort of ice maker?
    Should we bring cups/glasses?
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman and I are going to start searching for a hotel to crash at for Saturday. We plan on arriving around lunch time so we can get some good smokes in.
    ill be there early. no worries. ill post what ill have on a day or two ahead.
    TatuajeVI:
    Should we bring ice? Or do they have some sort of ice maker?
    the have no ice maker but they have a mini fridge. i was not planning on using it. i was gunna bring a small cooler with my own ice.
    TatuajeVI:
    Should we bring cups/glasses?
    i wasnt gunna. ill be drinking right out of the bottle.

however, if you like coffee, it would be a great gesture to bring some as a donation to the shop instead of drinking all of theirs.
  • Options
    Good call on the coffee and the cooler idea. I think cups/glasses will probably be a good idea. I have a feeling drinking out of a bottle of Glenfiddich would be pretty uncouth.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    TatuajeVI:
    Good call on the coffee and the cooler idea. I think cups/glasses will probably be a good idea. I have a feeling drinking out of a bottle of Glenfiddich would be pretty uncouth.
    in the shop...probably...where I'm from they be..."what the f is glenfiddich?"
  • Options
    bbc020:
    TatuajeVI:
    in the shop...probably...where I'm from they be..."what the f is glenfiddich?"
    lol. Just for you, Brandon, I'm having a small glass of Glenfiddich 12 year right now. Yummy!
  • Options
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Just found out my request for the day off was ok'd. Looking forward to meeting some of the guys that have been putting up with my stupid questions and giving such good advice. I should be able to get out there early but lunch time at the latest.
  • Options
    Dustin1981:
    Just found out my request for the day off was ok'd. Looking forward to meeting some of the guys that have been putting up with my stupid questions and giving such good advice. I should be able to get out there early but lunch time at the latest.
    fantastic!!

glad to have you along!

we actually have quite a few people that are going to be here. anyone think that it would be a good idea to have name tags or something?

i dont k now about the rest of you but i am terrible at names. iduno... just a thought.
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing, lol. We should have a collection of pictures posted in this thread of what people look like. I'll dig through the picture thread and see what I can find. :)
  • Options
    Kuzi:

Brandon (bbc):

Me (in the middle):

BaconJay:
    Me and a friend

That's all I've found so far.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kuzi16:
    nine days.
    Wow this is coming up quick. Kuzi if we want to order something from the Chocolate Piggy to be ready at the herf should we just PM you? Oh and names are my life as long as I can remember my own I won't be wearing a name tag. Sorry guys I wear one at work so I won't wear one when I'm not.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Kuzi if we want to order something from the Chocolate Piggy to be ready at the herf should we just PM you?
    yes please do. the sooner the better.
  • Options
    4 days.

i should be there at 10 AM

anyone that is going to be there that would like any appropriate phone numbers (mine, the shop) please PM me.
  • Options
    we can no longer take any additional orders for chocolate for this herf. the turnaround is too short. the orders we already have are being made as i type.
  • Options
    Damn was planning on trying to get mine in tonight! Oh well guess I did wait until last minute.
  • Options
    Kuzi you got a PM
  • Options
    i will be there at open (10 am) no matter what mother nature dumps on me! we are supposed to get a foot tonight but the roads should be clear by Saturday.
    i will have a green mock-turtleneck sweater on and a pair of pin-stripe pants no hat and black boots.
    there is no need for you guys to dress up. dress comfortably.
  • Options
    i cant wait for tomorrow. drive safe everyone. ill be there all day. take it easy in the snow.
  • Options
    How much snow did you end up getting down there? We only got a few inches but it drifted pretty high in places. It stoped around 1pm here and the roads are great. Hope it stays like this for the drive.
  • Options
    Sandman and I are getting ready to head down in the morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

-Phil
  • Options
    Dustin1981:
    How much snow did you end up getting down there? We only got a few inches but it drifted pretty high in places. It stoped around 1pm here and the roads are great. Hope it stays like this for the drive.
    we ended up with about 7 in the last 24 hours. we should only get 3 more at most before tomorrow. the good news is that the temps are in the upper 20's lower 30's so the salt is doing its job. the mall parking lot will suck. they are not good in the snow removal department.

drive safe everyone.

• Options
    ...BTW

"Kuzi" is pronounced like Uzi but with a K in front of it.
  • Options
  • Options
    fantastic three cigar day.

...got to cross one off the bucket list:
    First run AVO 22.

review on its way.

... and i ashed on my pants....
  • Options
    I was sorry I had to leave when I did. I am looking forward to having the RP 92 you hooked me up with hopefully here in the next day or two. And I have to say I dont think I have ever seen anyone enjoy something as much as you did that AVO. Hope to do this again sometime soon.
  • Options
    This was an awesome time, guys. Had three amazing cigars, met some great people, and found an awesome B&M. I look forward to having another one perhaps this spring or summer.
  • Options
    it was a fantastic time. it was a day that yet again proved the generosity of the cigar world.
    I came there with two cigars to give out/trade. I did so. i bought 3 things there and walked out with damn near 10 cigars in the herf-a-dor.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    it was a fantastic time. it was a day that yet again proved the generosity of the cigar world.
    I came there with two cigars to give out/trade. I did so. i bought 3 things there and walked out with damn near 10 cigars in the herf-a-dor.
    This was an amazing day with great smokes, great knowledge passed, and even better was the company that was there. Kuzi I want to say thanks for setting it all up and allowing us to partake in the fun at your home base. I wasn't expecting a stick in return for what I brought for you thanks again.
    Matt was a very funny yet informative with everything that is going on in the cigar world. I can't wait to visit again. As for all the other BOTL if you ever get a chance join us at the next Herf as I am sure there will be much more to come from this one trip.

Oh and on the way home Tat and I "ashed on our pants"!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up. I'm from Kent(not far from Akron)and will be visiting this spring and summer. Keep us all posted.