124»

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    Wait...Madurofan is a woman??? Here I thought he and Kuzi were the two crotchety old grandfathers of these forums, dispensing their sage advice based on years of experience and it turns out one of the grandfathers is a woman. Oh, my world is shattered. There's something fundamentally wrong about taking cigar advice from a broad.
    First off I'm definetly a dude, ask your woman, she'll tell ya! ;)

Second kuzi and I are both only in our mid 20's so I don't know about grandfathers and years of experience.

High Five! Very Nice.
    Then they must be clones.. Fabricated in a lab from spittle off of old discarded cigar butts. The products of modern science..
    I asked my old lady (who by the way was just in vegas and brought me back some davidoffs) and she swears up and down she doesn't know any Madurofan. What's your name on the other site, maybe she knows you by that name? And what's this about mid 20s??? You mean I'm an old man around here? Yakshamesh.
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, of course she doesn't "know any Madurofan". ;)

Was that Yiddish?
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    damn you, Madurofan...she always told me she was a Lukofan. Very nice! Hive five = Borat = Yakshamesh.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Well gentelman... here it is... the moment of greatness.

I've just been at the corporate office for three days of meetings starting at 7:30am and going 'till 6pm, no cigars, a crappy flight and hot hot weather. This package came about TWO hours too late so it's been sitting in the house for the last three days for I had to leave for the airport... but here goes the unveiling!!!

Opening by cutting tape under the label it says "Open this end" upon further inspection the other end says "do not open this end" Open flaps Bubble packing (those huge pocket thingies) First layer of bubble packing is a sweet bag, just plastic but it says "Zino Platinum" on it Inside Bag: 5 Vegas SHORTY from OCT. 2007 holy timeframe batman!!! (p.s. my birthday is Oct 27th, so this will be a birthday smoke!!!) Next layer of bubbles... HOLY HERF-A-DOR!!! this thing DID come too late... I had to run and buy some TUBOS so I could have some smokes on hand.... NOT ANYMORE!! AWESOME!!! I was so excited I almost didn't open it up... but HOLY CIGARS!!!! It's looks like a Corojo 1997 torpedo (I had the churchill and loved it!) from 11-07! A gurkha that I'm too excited to recognize yet and THREE A. Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8!!!!!! This Herf-a-dor is packed with AWESOMENESS!!! Okay, now there's a letter... Hold on let me read it........... All I can say is.... WOW... The letter explains the three 8-5-8's and how one is a Candela, one a Cameroon, and one a Maduro.... I will definately compare and contrast the differences! The Ghurka is a Class Regent Toro... and there is a story on the Cusano 1997 and how and when to smoke it... You guys have helped me so much with my passion... and now I can explore so much more... Kuzi... thanka man... This was well above and beyond and I look forward to growing as a BOTL THANKS KUZI!!!!
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Sweet, sounds awesome. Whats the story on the Corojo '97?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Sweet, sounds awesome. Whats the story on the Corojo '97?

Mainly it was a cigar he smoked last fall when the leaves turn and the crisp air. Then smoking this with some spiked hot cider and enjoying nature... that is one that I will DEFINATELY do!

Nate
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not a problem. the corojo 97 is about to be a 3 year running tradition. I only smoke one of those a year, right after the leaves change but before they all fall off.
  • Options
    Way to kuzi, that was a NICE hit. Congrats Lazy! Sounds like you got some nice smokes, and that herf-a-dor is the way to go!
  • Options
    DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    that is a good deal
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    that is a good deal
    doesnt get any better than free
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    DiasFlak:
    that is a good deal
    Incorrect, you could have paid him to take the prize. That would have been better.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    DiasFlak:
    that is a good deal
    Incorrect, you could have paid him to take the prize. That would have been better.
    That's still just free.. money would be included in the prize. It would have been a bigger prize.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    DiasFlak:
    that is a good deal
    That's still just free.. money would be included in the prize. It would have been a bigger prize.
    Well, so, shut up ..... LOL