Home General Discussion

What Booze Did You Get Today?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Outstanding grabs! Been eyeing that Russel 10, would love to hear your thoughts when you crack into it!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Outstanding grabs! Been eyeing that Russel 10, would love to hear your thoughts when you crack into it!
    absolutely. I really like the 7, so I bet the 10 is great. Almost got the single barrel, but $20 extra was a little steep.
    Crousefer:
    Drinking some of that right now! Nice choice
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    absolutely. I really like the 7, so I bet the 10 is great. Almost got the single barrel, but $20 extra was a little steep.
    I agree whenever I looked at those I couldn't justify $20 extra just to go single barrel. Not when I have yet to try either to see if it is really $20 better than the 10.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Crousefer:
    Killer!!!
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Last couple days pick ups.
    photo 0AF83B3D-54A7-4B2D-BD1C-A7FB8C623851_zps9sbgonwx.jpg
    photo 4A6DC090-3694-49D7-B058-98136032AF18_zpsxmcbq7y4.jpg

photo 7D3BC0D5-B881-4284-A760-D889FD17C425_zps73ysteou.jpg
    photo 582F72DC-883B-49FF-BFFD-DD48CD7220E1_zps5asu7cut.jpg
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Awesome pickups and been looking at the all those Bourbons and the Bin 27 too. Never got into Wines at all but heard a lot of great things about Ports with Cigars so been wanting to try that out as a pairing.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

Andy I am so jealous that you were able to find some Old Weller Antique 107 lol, it's out nearly nationwide congrats on some amazing grabs and especially that one!!
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refill of the Bernheim for the hubby and I wanted to try the Triple Smoke. It's different.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    Edna20:
    Refill of the Bernheim for the hubby and I wanted to try the Triple Smoke. It's different.
    Terrific grabs nice!
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm gonna have to jump on the four roses bandwagon!! Everyone's doin it I see
    reggie713:
    Looks like I'm gonna have to jump on the four roses bandwagon!! Everyone's doin it I see
    One of us, one of us, one of us......
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woodford Reserve Double Oak
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    avengethis:

I've been eyeing that one. Let us know how it is.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never go to the liquor store thirsty
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20:
    avengethis:

Will do. Get on the v-herf tonight and you can watch me drink it :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    rsherman24:
    Never go to the liquor store thirsty
    Nice Sherm wow!
    avengethis:
    Edna20:
    avengethis:

Will do. Get on the v-herf tonight and you can watch me drink it :)
    I tried a sample of it, very unique and very different than the normal Woodford. Very strong oak flavors and its drier with some tannin like elements on the finish.
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Last couple of days has been good...
    imageimage
    and last and certainly not least, Harlen Wheatley came to our last bourbon society meeting!
    Thanks to Brett!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    No problem at all glad I could help :)

I also picked up a bottle of this today to get some rum back in the bar.

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Lagavaulin The Distillers Edition, dear lord this may be the best whisky I've ever had!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Lagavaulin The Distillers Edition, dear lord this may be the best whisky I've ever had!
    that stuff is the tittahs
    Hayblet:
    Nice!!!! Happy birthday bro hope you had a great day :)
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    picked up an six pack last night,didnt make thru dinner oculto photo Oculto_0_zpsb2njyl7d.png
    no matter where you go, there you are.

twistedstem:
    picked up an six pack last night,didnt make thru dinner oculto photo Oculto_0_zpsb2njyl7d.png
    That looks awesome man, glad you enjoyed it!
    Picked up this to "age" in my new charred whiskey barrel for my bday from my wife and son.

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Picked up this to "age" in my new charred whiskey barrel for my bday from my wife and son.

NICE! Good luck with it, don't forget to soak it in water a couple days first to close up any gaps (the wood will swell). My brother in law aged that one and it came out really well.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.