90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Jetmech_63:
    Ken Light:
    This pass is really cool, looking forward to watching it unfold. If you do another round...
    that's awesome man, I was hoping this would drum up enough interest for a really big liquid pass 2!
    I can see multiple rounds. This would be a great way to sample some good booze! Excited for the samples and to share some of mine.
    PM to you Greg, and yeah my sentiments exactly. Sounds silly but I'm more pumped for this than I was for the Gang wars!
    hmmmmm weaving this into gangwar next year......
    Or you could just do what I told you on VHerf last night BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Dude... I'm telling you... I'm the WRONG dude to start a beer war with... I live in CA for christs sake... Don't do it...
    Oh and to clarify, the funniest part about all of this is that what I was referring to with my first statement regarding the Vherf was aimed at me sending to Justin since he's after me in the pass.... But thanks for reminding me of the nitro as well. Too bad it's going to be fulfilled now :)
    Whoa now? why is my name being brought up?
    Don't worry about it, it doesn't concern you until it explodes in your face ;) and stop getting paranoid I already have one package in transit to you, and you know I'm sending you samples since you're after me in the pass so just calm down. There's nothing sneaky or anything like that going on as far as you know. ;)
    Liar!! I am going to take it back to 1966 if you dont stop
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    90+ Irishman:
    JHewey:
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Jetmech_63:
    Ken Light:
    This pass is really cool, looking forward to watching it unfold. If you do another round...
    that's awesome man, I was hoping this would drum up enough interest for a really big liquid pass 2!
    I can see multiple rounds. This would be a great way to sample some good booze! Excited for the samples and to share some of mine.
    PM to you Greg, and yeah my sentiments exactly. Sounds silly but I'm more pumped for this than I was for the Gang wars!
    Dude... I'm telling you... I'm the WRONG dude to start a beer war with... I live in CA for christs sake... Don't do it...
    Oh and to clarify, the funniest part about all of this is that what I was referring to with my first statement regarding the Vherf was aimed at me sending to Justin since he's after me in the pass.... But thanks for reminding me of the nitro as well. Too bad it's going to be fulfilled now :)
    Don't worry about it, it doesn't concern you until it explodes in your face ;) and stop getting paranoid I already have one package in transit to you, and you know I'm sending you samples since you're after me in the pass so just calm down. There's nothing sneaky or anything like that going on as far as you know. ;)
    Yap yap woof woof ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    JHewey:
    90+ Irishman:
    JHewey:
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Jetmech_63:
    Ken Light:
    Yap yap woof woof ;)
    Usually when I end up at the top of of a pyramid this big, I cursed someone out pretty bad. ;D
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    JHewey:
    90+ Irishman:
    JHewey:
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Jetmech_63:
    Ken Light:
    Yap yap woof woof ;)
    Usually when I end up at the top of of a pyramid this big, I cursed someone out pretty bad. ;D
    Hahaha well when I'm involved in it as well it's just as much a chance that I stirred the pot and was provoking someone :P
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Landing today
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Landing today
    Just got it. Everything looks great! Those samples are no joke! The bottles are bigger than I thought. Time to bottle... image

Thanks, Vinny, very cool pass!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Amazing how much 50ML actually is, those mini bottles in liquor stores are pretty misleading. Glad all the bottles made it in one piece, was worried about that(whew). Enjoy bro! After you pour the Glendronach, swirl, sniff and sip then let it stand covered for 15 or so minutes, it really changes... That stuff is sublime!
    Jetmech_63:
    Amazing how much 50ML actually is, those mini bottles in liquor stores are pretty misleading. Glad all the bottles made it in one piece, was worried about that(whew). Enjoy bro! After you pour the Glendronach, swirl, sniff and sip then let it stand covered for 15 or so minutes, it really changes... That stuff is sublime!
    I will do that. P.S. filling with bottles that are running low is a pain in the a$$! (As is the long, skinny neck of a Willett pot still bottle, lol!).

I added a little packing material to keep the bottles a little more secure

Will go ship it now! Should be to Irish by the 14th. image
    Gray4lines:

Will go ship it now! Should be to Irish by the 14th.
    ***... I just found the white sticker labels laying on my desk; i forgot to pack them. I will send an additional envelop, Irish, unless you happen to have white stickers. Damn!
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:

***... I just found the white sticker labels laying on my desk; i forgot to pack them. I will send an additional envelop, Irish, unless you happen to have white stickers. Damn!
    No worries I can take care of the labels ;) Thanks for shipping and sharing and super excited to try out those killer libations :)
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:

No worries I can take care of the labels ;) Thanks for shipping and sharing and super excited to try out those killer libations :)
    Please let me know what you think. Those you picked are some of my favorites!
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:

Absolutely!

Hey Vinny, when the brothers try out there samples do you want us to post our thoughts in here or what's the plan?
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good. Scouting out my stash in preparation. I had some Moonshine from West Virginia over the holidays. Wish I held onto some of that. Really good taste, but damn it burned.
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:

Absolutely!

Hey Vinny, when the brothers try out there samples do you want us to post our thoughts in here or what's the plan?
    that's a good idea to keep it consolidated... Not in the bazillion booze threads already out there
    Jetmech_63:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:

Absolutely!

that's a good idea to keep it consolidated... Not in the bazillion booze threads already out there
    Sounda good and I will take partial responsibility for the booze threads lol.
    Liquids Pass arrived. Gray apparently decided to light me up in addition to the pass, thank you brother that's amazing and can't wait to smoke those brilliant cigars and try the JD Single Barrel shooter you sent! I will post pics shortly of everything. Vinny one of the small vials broke but I can take care of that. Will sanitize one of the bottles from my samples since I'm going to try the Woodford Double Oaked tonight. Once it's sanitized I will put it back in that way there is no shortage at the end for any reason. And thanks for the Anejo brother can't wait to smoke it :)
    NICE!!!!
    I will get this out Friday or Saturday. I have to wait for Friday (payday) to pick up something that needs to be included. Will also give me time to try one of the samples and then sanitize the bottle and get it back in.
    Enjoy, Brett! Damn I thought I packed that guy up really tight, sorry a bottle broke. At least it wasn't full. That's why I bagged the samples in an extra bag too.
    Gray4lines:
    Enjoy, Brett! Damn I thought I packed that guy up really tight, sorry a bottle broke. At least it wasn't full. That's why I bagged the samples in an extra bag too.
    No worries I don't think it was you, USPS was really rough on it.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I hate just having a phone, totall missed out on this pass Sad [:(]
    Hayblet:
    I hate just having a phone, totall missed out on this pass Sad [:(]
    Hayblet, we haven't really been introduced but I'm going to shoot you a PM. If you give me your cell number I will make sure you're invited when we do the second pass. Round 2 starts just after this one finishes and I will host it next since Vinny was so awesome to host this first round ;)
    Here's my little review of the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, thanks again Gray easily the most unique and interesting one I've had so far!

Nose: This is one of the more interesting noses I've smelled so far. It's a bit sour tannic actually but not in an unpleasant way, reminiscent of a nice dark wine. Oak, leather, coffee, honey and citrus, yum.

Palate: Very smooth at first when it first hits your tongue, quickly builds into a very dominating oak and leather note and then just a as quickly fades into a honey and hazelnut coffee finish that hangs on for minutes after tasting. Citrus, leather and oak are the main players in the mid palate and finish with the burn always being a mild partner in the background, very enjoyable and different! The longer I sip on this the more it grows on me and I'm picking up some chat and burnt sugar delayed on the finish, loving it :)

Thanks again for the nice write up, Brett. I think the double oaked grew on me as well. I remember the first few drinks were fine, but by the end of the bottle, I really really liked it. Just finished it off after your sample.
    Gray4lines:
    Thanks again for the nice write up, Brett. I think the double oaked grew on me as well. I remember the first few drinks were fine, but by the end of the bottle, I really really liked it. Just finished it off after your sample.
    Thanks Gray and I know what you mean, by the time I finished that pour the sour tannic note had become much softer and more subdued and the sweetness was coming more to the front, ended up pouring in the rest of the 50ml bottle and wrapping up my night sipping on that during vHerf for an hour or two. Thanks again man and it does keep growing on me :)
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    This pass is awesome. I want in on the next one!!
    Ben not a problem at all. I will be hosting the next one since Vinny so graciously put this one together.
    Anyone try any more liquid :)?