Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The Bourbon and Whiskey Thread

Comments

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen Kelly! Very cool!  <3<3
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How was it?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Mmmm, good looking Balvenie. The doublewood 12 is still one one my favorites. I need to grab another line to try.
    The 14 year carribean cask is fantastic
    I wondered about that one. I will grab it next time I'm getting something.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Finally, this bourbon fan got his hands on some scotch that he actually likes! I haven't really been trying that hard to find it either. My son stumbled across this while in KY at a wedding for his friend and, he liked it so much he bought me a bottle before heading home. Aberfeldy 12 Year. Apparently, you guys were right about advising me to try the highland malt scotches. Cheers! 
    Image result for aberfeldy scotch 12 year image

Congrats Bob glad you finally found one you like my friend!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Congrats lelly that Lot B is good stuff :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to try that one. Next chance, pick up the Aberlour A'Bunadh. I have batch #52 and it's my favorite scotch.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    I'll have to try that one. Next chance, pick up the Aberlour A'Bunadh. I have batch #52 and it's my favorite scotch.
    I heard the abunadh was good. I bought a regular 12 yr aberlour and was very disappointed.
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tried the 12 year so I can't comment on that one.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Went to Richman, Texas a couple of weeks ago and was introduced to Willet Rye, and Talisker 18 year single malt and enjoyed both.
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some Buffalo Trace over ice in Lukenbach & Albert TX yesterday and found it smooth and tasty.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Had some Buffalo Trace over ice in Lukenbach & Albert TX yesterday and found it smooth and tasty.
    The Buffalo Trace brand is awesome! Just a warning, the natural progression with that distillary is Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Blantons and then Pappy (or W L Weller 12 year for us poor folks).
  • Options
    If you can find Weller 12 year that is hahaha, I was lucky enough to get a bottle courtesy of our own Walt Basil and love it and save it for special occasions!

Brett
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for feedback from anyone who has tried the Balvenie 21 Sherry Cask. 

We do do a whisky/whiskey club at work, and this bottling is being considered. 

Thoughts? Worth it?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:

Thoughts? Worth it?
    The only bourbon I have had that has been finished in another cask is Angels Envy. If you can find it I highly reccomend it. 
  • Options
    If you can find Weller 12 year that is hahaha, I was lucky enough to get a bottle courtesy of our own Walt Basil and love it and save it for special occasions!

Brett
    Fun fact! If you can find Ancient Age 10 year (so far I've only found it in Rite Aid), it is the Blanton's that didn't make the cut. Same mashbill and stored in Warehouse "H" ricks.
    In blind taste test, I could not tell the difference.
  • Options
    jarubla said:

Thoughts? Worth it?
    I've only had the Balvenie Doublewood 12yr, which is their younger sherry cask finished.  I will say it is excellent and I'm sure the 21 would be very good. However, depending on the price, I have no idea.  
  • Options
    Bumping this thread for anyone who hasn't seen the Booker's commentary online--looks like 2017 the bottle price is going from $50 to $100. If you can find it, grab it before it goes up...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Bumping this thread for anyone who hasn't seen the Booker's commentary online--looks like 2017 the bottle price is going from $50 to $100. If you can find it, grab it before it goes up...
    I just went to my store (Utah is a control state, so they are all State run), and nada. I think they pulled them all. Will try another location tomorrow to confirm...
  • Options
    Found some!!!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up with about 1/2 a bottle of Hibiki left over from the Chicago herf. I dug into it last night for our weekly poker game. This stuff is incredible. Probably one of the cleanest whiskey's I've had. I will be keeping those one on hand always.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    I ended up with about 1/2 a bottle of Hibiki left over from the Chicago herf. I dug into it last night for our weekly poker game. This stuff is incredible. Probably one of the cleanest whiskey's I've had. I will be keeping those one on hand always.
    Ive got a bottle of the Hibiki 12 year and absolutely love it, very special stuff and agree it is one of the cleanest and smoothest whiskies I have ever had! Great stuff, enjoy Brad!

Brett
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cracked open that whistle pig my santa sent me last night and absolutely love it
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I cracked open that whistle pig my santa sent me last night and absolutely love it
    3 PM into the whiskey.  That explains it
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked these up today . Local distillery  in St Augustine. Haven't tried them yet but SOON.image
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked these up today . Local distillery  in St Augustine. Haven't tried them yet but SOON.image
    You are going to love it!!!!    I tasted some for the first time just the other week.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the SnS barrel buy

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I would have gotten in on that
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:
    I was good todayimage
    Fify, Sir...