Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Love the Gurkhas

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    MMMM oyster crackers ... aren't they required with chili, its not the same when they give you saltines.
    if not they should be.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    So now I'm confused. Are Gurhkas Cincy Chilli? Then what are RPs, pulled pork BBQ from NC? And what does the Manwhich represent? I'm so lost. Well, I got the first shipment from the COTM club and am very much looking forward to the Beast and Titan. Had a few other Gurhkas and liked them very much, probably the best cigar I've tried, which isn't saying much. Yet. I'm just learning this stuff, but they drew very well, burned perfectly and took me quite a while to smoke. The only RP I had was an Edge...liked it very much. It seemed a little bit more spicy than a Gurhka. I don't like Manwhich, though.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    So now I'm confused. Are Gurhkas Cincy Chilli? Then what are RPs, pulled pork BBQ from NC? And what does the Manwhich represent? I'm so lost. Well, I got the first shipment from the COTM club and am very much looking forward to the Beast and Titan. Had a few other Gurhkas and liked them very much, probably the best cigar I've tried, which isn't saying much. Yet. I'm just learning this stuff, but they drew very well, burned perfectly and took me quite a while to smoke. The only RP I had was an Edge...liked it very much. It seemed a little bit more spicy than a Gurhka. I don't like Manwhich, though.
    If Gurkhas are chili and RPs are BBQ.... then I'd imagine the manwich equivalent must be backwoods.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    MMMM oyster crackers ... aren't they required with chili, its not the same when they give you saltines.
    if not they should be.
    At our annual chili party, I set out oyster crackers, shredded cheese, chopped onions, sour cream, original and jalapeno Tabasco, and a few assorted other random dry and liquid condiments.

It is an insult to add any of these to the chili BEFORE you've tasted it. I personally find that the green Tabasco sauce is a perfect complement to my chili. It adds a nice mild sweetness to a somewhat bold chili. I actually quit using fresh jalapenos in the chili in order to make the green Tabasco more distinct complement. I never use any of the other condiments in my chili.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    if not they should be.
    At our annual chili party, I set out oyster crackers, shredded cheese, chopped onions, sour cream, original and jalapeno Tabasco, and a few assorted other random dry and liquid condiments.

It is an insult to add any of these to the chili BEFORE you've tasted it. I personally find that the green Tabasco sauce is a perfect complement to my chili. It adds a nice mild sweetness to a somewhat bold chili. I actually quit using fresh jalapenos in the chili in order to make the green Tabasco more distinct complement. I never use any of the other condiments in my chili.
    Even oyster crackers? You'd be offended by oyster crackers?
  • Options
    I would not at all be offended .. this happens all the time.. but taste the chili in its virgin form before you decide whether or not anything needs to be added. Sort of like leaving your hat on indoors -- it's a breach of etiquette... I'd never call somebody out on it, or give it any mind at all. People pile all kinds of crap on my chili before they've even had a spoonful. I'm just explaining the proper etiquette. Fork on the left, knife and spoon on the right... shake people's hands.. wipe your feet... cover your mouth when you sneeze... say "bless you" when somebody else sneezes.. that sort of thing. I'm impossible to offend, but for some reason my brain enjoys learning and organizing the rules of etiquette.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Personally, I never pass up an opportunity to taste things in virgin form.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    I would not at all be offended .. this happens all the time.. but taste the chili in its virgin form before you decide whether or not anything needs to be added. Sort of like leaving your hat on indoors -- it's a breach of etiquette... I'd never call somebody out on it, or give it any mind at all. People pile all kinds of crap on my chili before they've even had a spoonful. I'm just explaining the proper etiquette. Fork on the left, knife and spoon on the right... shake people's hands.. wipe your feet... cover your mouth when you sneeze... say "bless you" when somebody else sneezes.. that sort of thing. I'm impossible to offend, but for some reason my brain enjoys learning and organizing the rules of etiquette.
    Point well taken.

Urbi you never cease making me laugh.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Luko.. I thought you knew. we drift off track so often, we need onstar . GPS, a compass, and an Eagle Scout to get us back home again..I'll bet those Gurkhas would taste better after some nice Cincy chilli. with a Jack and Coke. While watching a Cubs game. and the greatest movie ever XxXXXXXXXXxX ( deleted due to another post ) >>>oh wait . sorry
  • Options
    As if one new hobby wasn't enough, now I realize I'm seriously deficient in the areas of chilli and BBQ. Oh well, I'll learn about those later. As for now, a Gurkha Legend, some Jack and a little ice and maybe I'll watch the Buccos (thank god training camp starts next week...here we go Steelers, here we go). And the greatest mover ever would be???
  • Options
    Luko. I'm your father.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist any longer.)
  • Options
    Luko:
    As if one new hobby wasn't enough, now I realize I'm seriously deficient in the areas of chilli and BBQ. Oh well, I'll learn about those later. As for now, a Gurkha Legend, some Jack and a little ice and maybe I'll watch the Buccos (thank god training camp starts next week...here we go Steelers, here we go). And the greatest mover ever would be???
    Take a guess in the Fun and Games forum.. That is the current question Up for grabs a bunch o' sticks out of my Humidor..
  • Options
    tpgoattpgoat Posts: 3

Ya i was wondering myself how talk of good cigars turned into a chili cooking help topic forum, but i guess that happens.  If you get a chance try the Gurkha Estate Selection shaggy tip. I belive it to be one of the best Gurkhas availible.

• Options
    urbino:
    Luko. I'm your father.

Could have been worse

My name is Luko
    I live on the second floor
    I live upstairs from you
    Yes, I think you've seen me before.....
  • Options
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    Luko. I'm your father.

Could have been worse

My name is Luko
    I live upstairs from you
    Worse??? What are ya, nuts? I love susan vega...better than garcia!
  • Options
    Ha! I'd forgotten all about that one.
  • Options
    Luko:
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    Luko. I'm your father.

Could have been worse

My name is Luko
    I live upstairs from you
    That one gets my vote for one of the worst songs ever.. that and the song about the 99 red ballons.. hate'em both. Nothing against you Luke, and your penthouse apartment..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    Luko. I'm your father.

Could have been worse

My name is Luko
    I live upstairs from you
    That one gets my vote for one of the worst songs ever.. that and the song about the 99 red ballons.. hate'em both. Nothing against you Luke, and your penthouse apartment..
    I believe it's the luftballoons you hate...and the only Penthouse I own has a bunch of letters to the editor about amputee sex.
  • Options
    Luko:
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    Luko. I'm your father.

Could have been worse

My name is Luko
    I live upstairs from you
    I believe it's the luftballoons you hate...and the only Penthouse I own has a bunch of letters to the editor about amputee sex.
    You read my story. !!! I am now officially a published author ..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    kaspera79:
    Luko:
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    Luko. I'm your father.

Could have been worse

My name is Luko
    I live upstairs from you
    You read my story. !!! I am now officially a published author ..
    That was you kas? moved me to tears, that one.
  • Options
    I guess that explains the stains.
  • Options
    yes it do!
  • Options
    *Leaves the flat and joins Kuzi outside shaking his head*
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    cigar?
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    cigar?
    I came prepared with my snazzy uptown case. :) May I offer you a bourbon though?
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    cigar?
    Triple AAA Motor Club trying to get us back on the road.
  • Options
    Yeah kas, we may as well call this thread Amtrak.
  • Options
    At least you can't blame this one on me. I was a late arriver to this one. Actually, this one was kas's fault!
  • Options
    Actually I have a good reason why it is your fault urby. I call it the "urby effect", and it is caused by you simply logging on. The dangerous effects are noted after you log off, however, when a ripple is sent through the entire forum, derailing perfectly stable threads in its wake.
  • Options
    Dammit, it can't always be my fault. What am I, the middle child?

Besides, strictly speaking, I never log off. I've always got a browser open on this site on my computer at home, and since I almost never reboot that computer, I'm always logged in here. I'm just not always here.