Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Love the Gurkhas

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yeah, the RP92 is hard to beat. I saw zoom mention elsethread that something was on his Top 5 list. It got me thinking what would be in my top 5. In no particular order, probably something like:

Hemingway
    Don Carlos
    RP 92
    Avo Domaine
    Centurian

(Notice how I stayed on-topic with that last pick.) Anybody else want to play?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera you've got me wanting to really try the RP92.... bino, I'm with you on the hemingway.
  • Options
    I just got my last cigar order last night.... i have a 2o ct humi full of just gurkahs now... mmmmmm two silver signatures, two black puro, two titan, two beast, two perfecto legends, six regents(two torpedo, 4 toro) mmmm... they look so tasty its like a whole box of gurkahs... the beast is quite the beast.... i've had the regent, and a robusto legend once.... any suggestions on which i should spark up first and which ones age better.... thanks
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    sackerma:
    I just got my last cigar order last night.... i have a 2o ct humi full of just gurkahs now... mmmmmm two silver signatures, two black puro, two titan, two beast, two perfecto legends, six regents(two torpedo, 4 toro) mmmm... they look so tasty its like a whole box of gurkahs... the beast is quite the beast.... i've had the regent, and a robusto legend once.... any suggestions on which i should spark up first and which ones age better.... thanks
    If your gonna spark the titan and or the beast it'll take some time but damn they're good cigars....
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I fired up the BEAST last night while sitting around a little fire in the "back yard". This thing was just a great smoke. Not at all over powering, full flavour, and a perfect burn. The first ash held on til it was nearly 2 inches long. Firm mostly light grey ash.

Even the wife, who always steals little draws off of whatever I am smoking liked it. That means she now likes the Beasts and the Titan Toro's. :(

This things lasted 2 hours, so make sure you have the time to sit down with the BEASt... you will need it.

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭

Howdy!  Brand new to the forums but just had a Gurkha Signature 1887.  Wowee!  What a good stick!  Lots of creamy flavorful smoke in every draw and the burn was picture perfect even.  If I had one word to describe this cigar it would be smooth!  The hints(and i use "hints" advisedly since there was no single overpowering taste) of pepper, earth, leather and mocha were intertwined beautifully throughout the cigar.  The was an ever so slight sweetness that lingered in the background but over all a flavorful smooth smoke.  The draw was very easy as well.  I have a RP Fusion Double Maduro in my humi for tomorrow!!  Looking forward to swapping cigar ratings with everyone!!

Vinny

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Which one did you have Black or Red?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:

Howdy!  Brand new to the forums but just had a Gurkha Signature 1887.  Wowee!  What a good stick!  Lots of creamy flavorful smoke in every draw and the burn was picture perfect even.  If I had one word to describe this cigar it would be smooth!  The hints(and i use "hints" advisedly since there was no single overpowering taste) of pepper, earth, leather and mocha were intertwined beautifully throughout the cigar.  The was an ever so slight sweetness that lingered in the background but over all a flavorful smooth smoke.  The draw was very easy as well.  I have a RP Fusion Double Maduro in my humi for tomorrow!!  Looking forward to swapping cigar ratings with everyone!!

Vinny

Hey Jetmech, welcome, that should convince everyone to give the 1887 a try. Sounds like a winner to me.
  • Options
    Shame on you for making this cigar look good, SHAME! =)
    Anyone try the Gurkha Fuente?
  • Options
    I'm never quite sure whether the name of this thread is a declarative, an interrogative, or an imperative.
  • Options
    Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    phobicsquirrel:
    Shame on you for making this cigar look good, SHAME! =)
    Anyone try the Gurkha Fuente?
    I think it is fuerte. Anyways I have had the 6x60 one. It is pretty good. Definately worth trying. I think it would be better in a different size.
  • Options
    ah yes, that's it..
  • Options
    urbino:
    I'm never quite sure whether the name of this thread is a declarative, an interrogative, or an imperative.
    lol, breaking out the big words tonight, ay Urby..
  • Options
    I have to let them out every now and then, or my head will crack open.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    for me... declaritive.... maybe imperative.

YOU!!!! LOVE THE GURKHAS! NOW!
  • Options
    Join us next time on "If Kuzi Were King," when our beloved potentate burns Rocky Patel on a post to light his garden.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    so ive actually been thinking of bringing back the RP vs Gurkha thread.

instead ill kinda do this here.

in my cigar catalog post of the Padron 4000 i noted that i think Nicaraguan and Honduran tobacco though often compared, have a very distinct taste and that they are no where near the same in my mind.

I like Honduran tobacco better.

Ive noticed that Rocky Patel tends to use a lot more Nicaraguan tobacco and blend in a style that makes even his non Nicaraguan cigars taste Nicaraguanesque (yes i made that word up)
    Gurkha tends to do the same thing but with Honduran tobacco. since i like Honduran tobacco more it only makes sense that i would like Gurkha cigars more.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Interesting thought, you may be on to something there. If that's the case, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be, that would explain my fence-sitting position between RP and Gurkha, as I don't have a clear-cut preference between Honduran and Nicaraguan tobacco...although I do love me some Nico puros.
  • Options
    cigar.com has a beast 5 pack for 30 bucks, had to order it with my large gurkha order.
  • Options
    Damn you phobic, just had to mention the Beast 5 pack. :)
  • Options
    well you know, I actually ordered 2 of almost all of the gurkhas, but then before I checked out the 5 pack came up, I grabbed that, and got rid of the 2 beasts, I saved 6 bucks and instead of getting 2, get 5. Awesome deal if you ask me. oh and your welcome.. =)
  • Options
    haha, yeah when I saw your post I figured it was something to jump on. Even though I've been trying to limit my cigar purchases, this was a little too good to pass up. I only ordered one cigar to get the Gurkha offer, so at least I'm not dropping $100 or more.
  • Options
    yeah, that's a good rule, something I've been a little bad on lately.
  • Options
    I just ordered and the first time i went to check out i made it past the Beast without adding. But then I added more to the order and couldn't make it past them the second time. Needless to say I have 5 Beast on the way. I think I need a humi just for Gurkha's
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    You don't need all 5 of those Beasts, ebit... and I've never tried one. So it makes sense that we should work a shipless trade, since we're in the same city :)
  • Options
    dutyje:
    You don't need all 5 of those Beasts, ebit... and I've never tried one. So it makes sense that we should work a shipless trade, since we're in the same city :)
    I think we could make that happen I'll let let you know when they arrive
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Interesting thought, you may be on to something there. If that's the case, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be, that would explain my fence-sitting position between RP and Gurkha, as I don't have a clear-cut preference between Honduran and Nicaraguan tobacco...although I do love me some Nico puros.
    I'm on the same fence with you buddy.
  • Options
    I finished up a Gurkha Double Maduro this afternoon. DUDES!!! If you love the maduros or like the Triple Ligero, put this on your shopping list!! Tommy has them on sale for 5/$20. This thing was so good i wanted to eat the nub LOL
  • Options
    I've been eying those for a while. I'd like to give them a go. Thanks for the mini-view.
  • Options
    I say go for it Phoebes, the double maduro is wonderful, the cocoa, cinnamon, earth flavors are off the charts all backed up with this nice smooth sweetness.

Anyoone try Gurkha Master Select Robusto.....thoughts, thinking about taking advantage of a pretty good deal...