Home General Discussion

About Drew Estates That You Should Read !!!!!

Hi, Smoking community. I would like to share with you what i have experienced with Johnathan Drew what type of business man and how much he values his customers.
Here goes. I have been smoking Kuba Kubas for about 5-6 years a box a week. So about two years ago my friend and i went to cigar fest, i first saw Johnathan so i waited in line to talk to him about his product. after about 1 hour i decided to talk to his body guard and told him about my habit and pleasure of smoking Kubas. Gave him my business card and that was that. About 2 months
later i received a box of LIGA PRIVADA UNICO UNDER CROWN SERIE 228X47 Sealed and with his signature on the box (SEALED IN PLASTIC)
Johnathan wrote on the box Victor Victorious. I thought that was cool. The following year 2014 was back at cigar fest the fist thing i did was go upstairs to see Johnathan waited in like this time with only three people in front of me for about 2 hrs. so i decided to talk to his body guard. He took me right up to Johnathan and i said hi but i felt bad about the people in front of me i decided to just mention the box of cigars and that was that. Now keep in mind that in three years i have not opened this box of cigars.
Now this year i decided to just enjoy the show and not even bother with trying to talk to him. I know what its like to be busy.
So this week i came upon this box of cigars that Johnathan sent me and decided to open them. Well take guess what was in the box? No not a bag of weed. But a BIG FAT NOTHING. Why would you go thru the trouble of plastic wrapping when of know that there is nothing in the box. Well lets do a little math. a box a week @$150=$600 per month=$7200 per year X 6 years=$43,200
thats how much money i have spent with this **** idiot. For a empty box. I forgot to mention that i used to smoke KUBAS

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to be mean, but if you smoked a box of cigars a week you should be able to tell what a full box vs a empty box feels like. Just saying.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Thats a bummer story bro, one of our guys here on the forum recently had a bad experience with Rocky P, i haven't smoked a Rocky since (did see a hot girl smoking one the other day at a BnM and wanted to say something) but I digress, sorry you got jobbed
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people like collecting blenders and owners signatures and he was nice enough to send you a signed box free of charge. I understand you would of liked to receive a free box of cigsrs, we all would, but what makes you think you deserve them? I've been going to the same pizza place for years and I don't think they owe me a free pizza for consuming their product. It's also strange to me that you couldn't tell the box was empty. You can be upset as you like to be, it just doesn't make a lot of sense.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    WWND?
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    WWND?
    hmm....is that: What Would NISH Do?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A brilliant first post to the forum, Victor! Brilliant!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • victormabvictormab Posts: 8
    Hi Smoking community. Just to clear things up a bit.
    I don't need or want anything for free !!! My parents brought me up the old fashion way.
    This world that we live in these days is nothing like the old days. But that's not the point. The point is if your a business man like many others and people are spending good money to use your product. I've been in business 36 years and i know what its like to be liked and praised. That goes along way so you pay it forward. You go thru the trouble to plastic wrap the box ? Really ( To the person that said i'm looking for a hand out ) If you knew me i think you would look at this different .
    Hi smoking community, I really enjoy smoking a good cigar. LIKE MANY OF YOU !!!
    Johnathan Drew is still a idiot for doing what he did. That's all i'm saying. Like it or not i will make a point to tell everyone that i run into about this. Numbers will drop starting with me.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    victormab:
    Hi Smoking community. Just to clear things up a bit. I don't need or want anything for free !!! My parents brought me up the old fashion way. This world that we live in these days is nothing like the old days. But that's not the point. The point is if your a business man like many others and people are spending good money to use your product. I've been in business 36 years and i know what its like to be liked and praised. That goes along way so you pay it forward. You go thru the trouble to plastic wrap the box ? Really ( To the person that said i'm looking for a hand out ) If you knew me i think you would look at this different .
    The problem here is that we don't know you. You come on here and start your story to knock on a well respected manufacturer. Maybe if you came around and showed us who you are, we wouldn't be quick to judge. And before you come back and say you are not here to bad mouth a company save it as we don't have time for that crap.

Hopefully you stick around and we can get to know you but until then your words are worth about as much as a grain of salt.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    raisindot:
    WWND?
    hmm....is that: What Would NISH Do?

Dat's der bunny!
    Hey Pat, a box of 24 cigars is different than a 2 cigar box. My friend.I didn't get or wanted a full box of cigars. What i got was a 2 cigar box shrink wrapped. Why go thru all that trouble.
    Some people do collect signatures.
    Look, PLEASE read what i'm trying to say. Like the saying goes in this world there is 50/50 the real ones and then the ones that think they are real. Witch one are you?
    i'm not bad mouthing any company just the fact why go thru all that trouble for what. It would be better if you just send nothing that would actually be better.
    does not change the fact that i will not smoke Kubas or any product from drew estate. there is lots of other fine lines of cigars to smoke. As to not knowing who i i'm your right why would you listen to me. i'm no one in your world my boy !!!! But some day it will be done to you and then you will understand.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    victormab:
    Look, PLEASE read what i'm trying to say. Like the saying goes in this world there is 50/50 the real ones and then the ones that think they are real. Witch one are you? i'm not bad mouthing any company just the fact why go thru all that trouble for what. It would be better if you just send nothing that would actually be better.
    I understand what you are saying but why are you saying it? You got something from a manufacturer that was not expected. Maybe he signs tons of those things and then they shrink wrap them to protect them and send them out. Who knows and who cares. This wont stop me from buying DE products.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    I understand that you're upset with how you feel he treated you; but for someone who you've never actually met sent you something for free. Would it have been nice to have him send you some free cigars? Of course it would have. That doesn't change the fact that he sent you something when he didn't have to. He doesn't know you. He has no real idea how much you send on his products. Why do you think he owes you anything? I'm not trying to be an ass but this complaint doesn't seem fair.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    victormab:
    Hey Pat, a box of 24 cigars is different than a 2 cigar box. My friend.I didn't get or wanted a full box of cigars. What i got was a 2 cigar box shrink wrapped. Why go thru all that trouble.
    As you are longing for the old days, when things were more positive (remember they actually had feel good stories on the news) and people cared about other (now it's what about me and I'll riot and burn down my own neighborhood), why not think about what you DO have instead of what you DON'T. You do have a signature of someone you respected at the time you got it (the only reason you don't respect him now is because you don't have what YOU EXPECTED to have). Did Jonathan included a note saying enjoy these two cigars sealed in this hand signed box? If so, I missed that in the original post. What the owner of this company did was take time to sign a box for you and send it, yeah WHAT AN IDIOT. He did take the time to shrink wrap it, about 10 seconds so he didn't go through "all that trouble" but in doing so helped preserve his signature for you, again WHAT AN IDIOT. Seems to me you are wanting to more a part of the problem nowadays than part of the solution.

Seems to me you are angry at getting what you were expecting because you were actually wanting something, the two cigars you assumed were in the signed box.

Sit back, have a cigar and relax a little.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Well... Welcome to CCOM... as for your post... Sorry. But it seems to me a gift is a gift. I wish I could have gotten something autographed from ANYONE at DE lol ... I would assume with someone of his caliber and position with DE that he maybe sets aside part of his day to just sign a crap-ton (yes that is a proper metric measurement. ;) LOL ) and call it good. Probably doesn't even know what all he is signing all the time. Sorry it wasn't what you were expecting. I understand disappointment. it happens.

Now with that said... if you don't want that autographed box anymore... I could give it a good home! ;) Stick around a while and enjoy the clowns here. Ill light up an Undercrown for your troubles tonight.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it wasn't full of tobacco scraps. Then you know he's full of ***!, lol. I don't think he meant to pull a switch on you, just thought a signed box would be a good little thanks. I don't know, I've never met JD. I hear he's an interesting guy.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    I wouldn't value myself that much as i know even if i spend tons of money as an individual. That doesn't count a decimal when against their annual total revenue.
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Not denying you are being a loyal customer to DE (i definitely think you should be appreciated), but to be very frank with you, you are yet to be huge enough to influence them in order to get their attention.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow hhhhmmmmm well I can safely say since I've been smoking cigars I have never bought or even smoked anything that drew estate offers...I'm even considering stopping smoking jdn's but with that said really who cares he gave you something and maybe that meant something to him! It's the fact that he at least reached out to you...I've made a few complaints to companies over the years and have made some really nice comments...some companies don't even bother to say anything back
    Money can't buy taste
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    You can't always get what you want but if you try some time you just might find you get what you need. GFY
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently received a personalized signed note from Jon Huber thanking me for my purchase of a few stickers (only an $8 item) and thought it was awesome that he took the time to do this. I got another one when I ordered a print. He went out of his way to do something nice and I thought it was cool.
    CharlieHeis:
    A handwritten note from Jon Huber for an $8 sticker order? Pretty cool.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have made the "He went out of his way to do something nice..." in bold type but I was too lazy to figure out how to do that.
    CharlieHeis:
    I recently received a personalized signed note from Jon Huber thanking me for my purchase of a few stickers (only an $8 item) and thought it was awesome that he took the time to do this. I got another one when I ordered a print. He went out of his way to do something nice and I thought it was cool.
    CharlieHeis:
    A handwritten note from Jon Huber for an $8 sticker order? Pretty cool.
    Would that sticker fit on a 5 count herfador?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, after reading all this, my opinion on this is...........

Any time a manufacturer, distributor or shop goes out of their way to provide you something extra, you should be greatful.
    Sure it was an empty box, but he took the time to sign it and send it.
    Would it have been better if it had something in it? Sure, but you paid NOTHING for it.
    It was an extra and the fact that he gave any thought at all to send it to you, should account for something.

This is part of what is wrong with today's society and the "entitlement" attitude.
    You got something for free. It doesn't matter it's value. Accept it graciously and be thankful that person gave you ANY consideration at all.

Ok, that's my opinion. Take it for what it's worth and what you paid for it. Nothing.

How many of you guys have gotten a little smile on your face when you opened your package from ccom and seen the box of matches? Or am I the only one?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I received a 6 pack of Fruit Of The Loom reg white socks (I know right??? borrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnng) Anyhow, I noticed they were all for the left foot. What the hell am I going to do with 12 left foot socks? F*ck Fruit of the Loom. Hanes FTW
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    One time I received a 6 pack of Fruit Of The Loom reg white socks (I know right??? borrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnng) Anyhow, I noticed they were all for the left foot. What the hell am I going to do with 12 left foot socks? F*ck Fruit of the Loom. Hanes FTW
    Those fruit of the loom ****'s did that **** to you too, bastards.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember a post from Curtis who, after talking to JD as a representative of his local cigar club, was bombed with some pretty sweet smokes by the man himself. I may not have all the details right...old age and all, but it was definitely Curtis and I think he got an event exclusive DE smoke plus a bunch of others.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014