Home General Discussion

About Drew Estates That You Should Read !!!!!

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    you guys are funny, but you never fail at representing the forum in top form, and come on half if not more would complain if you put a sealed box of cigars in your humi for 2yrs and only to find out it was empty, and its clear he is not a collector of autographs, and I agree why waste the time sign and seal a box of cigars let alone a empty box?
    just like a few of you, I met JD and his reps here on more then one occasion, and he knows I don't like his cigars or him, but hey does not mean i can justify the action because I met him.
    To put my brothers down on this forum who have commented on this thread and actually contribute to the forum, not just selling cigars as u do, I don't think that is right. I would say more than half of the botl here if they received a signed box from there fav cigar company would be very appreciative, I know if Jon Huber or Pepin sent me a box signed empty just for loving there cigars and they did it out of kindness I would love it and put it on full display, just like Tat, Viaje, Fuente fans here I'm sure if they had got a box they would love it. Just because you don't like DE, or JD, I'm sure there are plenty who do like them or him.

+1 Well put. Though if I got a signed box of Gurkhas I would probably give it away.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Glock1975:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    you guys are funny, but you never fail at representing the forum in top form, and come on half if not more would complain if you put a sealed box of cigars in your humi for 2yrs and only to find out it was empty, and its clear he is not a collector of autographs, and I agree why waste the time sign and seal a box of cigars let alone a empty box?
    just like a few of you, I met JD and his reps here on more then one occasion, and he knows I don't like his cigars or him, but hey does not mean i can justify the action because I met him.
    To put my brothers down on this forum who have commented on this thread and actually contribute to the forum, not just selling cigars as u do, I don't think that is right. I would say more than half of the botl here if they received a signed box from there fav cigar company would be very appreciative, I know if Jon Huber or Pepin sent me a box signed empty just for loving there cigars and they did it out of kindness I would love it and put it on full display, just like Tat, Viaje, Fuente fans here I'm sure if they had got a box they would love it. Just because you don't like DE, or JD, I'm sure there are plenty who do like them or him.

+1 Well put. Though if I got a signed box of Gurkhas I would probably give it away.
    But if you got a signed box of 5Vegas Gold, the lid would probably stick to the box like pages of a Playboy magazine.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForceR:
    Being a new guy on here, I probably don't know enough to really contribute much to these discussions, but I do feel I have something I can add to this one. This year was my first year at Cigar Fest. When JD was meeting people in line upstairs, I stood in line just like you did. Unlike you, I don't smoke that many Drew Estate cigars, but I felt that thanking the guy who sponsors a great event every year, including the prizes, was the least I could do. I waited, was lucky enough to meet the man, expressed my appreciation, and he handed me some swag and three of his Manifesto cigars. That was much more then I could expect or appreciate, since he didn't know me from any other swinging *** in the room, and that seems like a real stand up guy to me. Now I can appreciate your opinion, and maybe spending as much as you do on his products should get you a little something, but, quite frankly, why should it? If you had never handed his bodyguard a card, he would never have sent you anything, and you would have continued to enjoy his product, just like all the other products you enjoy every day from national companies. You don't expect Kellogg's, Johnson&Johnson, or British Petroleum (BP) to give you anything free, so why should he? That being said, if you had waited until next year, stood in line, and told him this story, I bet the guy would have bombed you with his product, but you've decided to take shots at him on here. I wouldn't be surprised if he read these posts and decided he really didn't need your business. - Force
    Welcome, I like u already Sir. Lol @Nick. But JD wouldn't complain if he did get 1.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    victormab:
    Hey People, For being on here for my first time it surprises me the amount of A Holes. Men that never made it to the grown up side of life. I'm explaining about the experience that i encountered with JD. And you selfish MF's put me down. I bet half of you don't really know the difference between cigars. But thats ok . I get it. Its a empty box with his signature on it. So with that said how many of you gave your sons or daughters a empty box for Christmas with your signature on it? That's different? How Like i said i really don't need anything from anybody especially cigars. Thank GOD i can afford them.
    Wait. Selfish?
    I must have missed something. We're not the ones complaining that we got an empty box with a signature.
    WE are the ones who would be happy with it.
    Beacuse folks didn't agree with you, you lump us all into one group of A holes? I guess we all are then. But to come in and make one post like you did, did you expect EVERYONE to agree?
    Even if you were totally right, believing that there wouldn't be some folks disagreeing with you is naive thinking.

Then there is the "I spent $42k on kubas."
    Good for you. I don't even want to think what I've spent on Toranos and got zip. Do I still buy Toranos? Hell yes, I do.

As for the $2 cigar comment, if you are going to portray yourself as high and mighty, why lower yourself to name calling?

Stick around and get to know these folks before you make judgements.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I made reference to this earlier in this thread and seeing it continue to grow made me wanna track it down.

curtiscr79:
    A few weeks ago Jonathan Drew contacted me on Facebook talking about a small Kentucky Cigar group I admin. Seems like a pretty cool dude, we actually talked for a while over several days. He ended up bombing me with a shirt, 10 pack of Fat Molly, a few KFC cutters, and a Fly Pig Undercrown. I'm not a Drew Estates fan boy, but that is petty awesome. I certainty now a fan. photo 20140325_161818_zpsvrwwv9dw.jpg
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    How I have missed this I have no idea. Welcome Victor, you've figured out what I've known all along....everyone else is wrong. DILLIGAF bro, DILLIGAF.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who is concerned about how much he is spending on Kuba Kubas? That's almost what I make in a year!!!!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Am I the only one who is concerned about how much he is spending on Kuba Kubas? That's almost what I make in a year!!!!
    Right! who the hell smokes a whole box of ANY one cigar in a week? Who DOES that? "unbelieveable"
    Bob Luken:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Right! who the hell smokes a whole box of ANY one cigar in a week? Who DOES that? "unbelieveable"
    Excellent point.
    As much as I like my favorite brand, I couldn't stomach smoking the same cigar all the time. For that matter, the same one twice in a day would be pushing it for me.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Phone decide to double post.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not belittling him for his taste in cigars. To rah their one... But damn! Lol wish I had that kind of disposable income. Lol granted there are a few cigars I would love to have more of and maybe smoke one once a week or so... But variety is a godsend.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    variant2:
    jd50ae:
    Glock1975:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:

But if you got a signed box of 5Vegas Gold, the lid would probably stick to the box like pages of a Playboy magazine.

Playboy is still selling?
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    has nothing to do with the cigars, or weather the box was full or not, your trying to force someone to accept a box because it's signed to be happy? I am not a fan of any autographs whether it came pete Johnson himself which is what most people might say I would like, but they would be wrong, been here long enough I don't have to justify my postings as I tell people else you don't like it move on, and has nothing to do with that, I used to be all about the guys and contributing but for other reasons I decided it's not worth it here to waste that energy, what it does have to with is, it's the way you guys treat someone who does not like or is not saying something you don't like, whether its a first post or a 1000 post you guys act the same way, you guys get on these new guys for the same reasons most of the time, always something you don't like to read, so you reticule the person? not the best impression to give would you agree? if your wanting more people to participate on the forum well make it a more friendly welcoming group then, the whole thing could of been handled a bit smoother, but the alpha's in everyone likes to come out.
    and ray if you felt that bad about my posting no one stopping you from saying something to me when you seen me in passing, or p/m, but trying to take a pot shot at me now, because I pointed out how you guys treat people when they don't say what you want to hear, your not hurting my feelings at all i actually think it's entertaining.
    and ray a lot of things are not right I am glad you noticed my not rights, now lets see if you can notice everyone else's.
    Here is one way to put it... Imagine this were like high school and this guy comes in half way through his senior year and pops into a group of people at lunch time. They were all gathered around a vehicle of some sort and were all having a lively conversation about cars. New guy pipes up and says "Hey if any of you like Mercedes you should hear this crap! The dealership GAVE ME A NEW MERCEDES (select your dream class and model) BUT they gave me the V8 instead of the V12! WHO DOES THAT? I didn't want one or need one but they gave me one with the lesser of the desired options!"

So yeah... what about that? I would love to get a signed cigar box from someone! ESPECIALLY from the makers of one of my all time favorite cigars! Yeah it sucks that it wasn't the best option it could have been... but don't go stomping your feet and sounding all spoiled when some people don't get or have something cool like what you were GIVEN! its just gonna piss people off cause it comes off as overly ungrateful.

Don't get me wrong... Im more than happy to welcome a new guy into the CCOM family and if he turns out to be a nice guy I would consider bombing him or doing a trade... BUT starting off the relationship on a sour note leaves more to be desired.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    Glock1975:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    has nothing to do with the cigars, or weather the box was full or not, your trying to force someone to accept a box because it's signed to be happy? I am not a fan of any autographs whether it came pete Johnson himself which is what most people might say I would like, but they would be wrong, been here long enough I don't have to justify my postings as I tell people else you don't like it move on, and has nothing to do with that, I used to be all about the guys and contributing but for other reasons I decided it's not worth it here to waste that energy, what it does have to with is, it's the way you guys treat someone who does not like or is not saying something you don't like, whether its a first post or a 1000 post you guys act the same way, you guys get on these new guys for the same reasons most of the time, always something you don't like to read, so you reticule the person? not the best impression to give would you agree? if your wanting more people to participate on the forum well make it a more friendly welcoming group then, the whole thing could of been handled a bit smoother, but the alpha's in everyone likes to come out.
    and ray if you felt that bad about my posting no one stopping you from saying something to me when you seen me in passing, or p/m, but trying to take a pot shot at me now, because I pointed out how you guys treat people when they don't say what you want to hear, your not hurting my feelings at all i actually think it's entertaining.
    and ray a lot of things are not right I am glad you noticed my not rights, now lets see if you can notice everyone else's.

I can understand where you're coming from and have actually defended some new posters myself. BUT, when some of these first time posters seem to join up to either just complain or sell stuff it does get old. Take a moment to introduce yourself instead of just getting right into a gripe session or a sales pitch.

We've had plenty of new members join within the last year since I've been back who have stuck around and become great additions so we're obviously not scaring everyone away. But when a person's first impression is of a negative nature sometimes you have to expect negativity in return.

On a side note, I'm sorry you feel you don;t want to contribute and participate here more. I left for a couple years myself for various reason but was welcomed back with open arms when I got back in the mix last year no questions asked. Hopefully you get back to participating more and joining in on the good things that do happen here because there is definitely far much more good than there is bad.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

LiquidChaos66:
    Here is one way to put it... Imagine this were like high school and this guy comes in half way through his senior year and pops into a group of people at lunch time. They were all gathered around a vehicle of some sort and were all having a lively conversation about cars. New guy pipes up and says "Hey if any of you like Mercedes you should hear this crap! The dealership GAVE ME A NEW MERCEDES (select your dream class and model) BUT they gave me the V8 instead of the V12! WHO DOES THAT? I didn't want one or need one but they gave me one with the lesser of the desired options!"

So yeah... what about that? I would love to get a signed cigar box from someone! ESPECIALLY from the makers of one of my all time favorite cigars! Yeah it sucks that it wasn't the best option it could have been... but don't go stomping your feet and sounding all spoiled when some people don't get or have something cool like what you were GIVEN! its just gonna piss people off cause it comes off as overly ungrateful.

Don't get me wrong... Im more than happy to welcome a new guy into the CCOM family and if he turns out to be a nice guy I would consider bombing him or doing a trade... BUT starting off the relationship on a sour note leaves more to be desired.
    so because he said something you didn't like that's a sour note? it's like I been saying, if your pissed off by his initial posting then its not high school you should be comparing, and I hear it all the time from my local buds how they hate tatuaje cigars, I don't jump on their ass for it, because I do the same thing to the cigars they like, that's the best part about having buds that you don't agree with you get along just fine.
    LiquidChaos66:

Exactly. Joe u say "to force someone to accept a box because it's signed to be happy" No one forced anything on this guy, he gave a business card to a body guard and JD decides to send a signed box with a couple of smokes, how's that forcing something on someone, something free? You posted some of the botl here how they not representing the forum jumping on the new guy, yeah his 1st is about DE putting them down about free *** he got and I'm sure it rubbed to guys the wrong way cause some would have been excited to get the signed box, whether u personally don't like JD or his cigars is on u, I'm not a huge fan myself, but I would have loved receiving it. I'm not taking "pot shots" at ya, as u say you don't have the time or energy, why should I have pm u when you posted here. Everyone has a opinion here and that's fine, but don't put others down when they post their opinion.
    jimmyv723:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    Glock1975:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:

I can understand where you're coming from and have actually defended some new posters myself. BUT, when some of these first time posters seem to join up to either just complain or sell stuff it does get old. Take a moment to introduce yourself instead of just getting right into a gripe session or a sales pitch.

We've had plenty of new members join within the last year since I've been back who have stuck around and become great additions so we're obviously not scaring everyone away. But when a person's first impression is of a negative nature sometimes you have to expect negativity in return.

On a side note, I'm sorry you feel you don;t want to contribute and participate here more. I left for a couple years myself for various reason but was welcomed back with open arms when I got back in the mix last year no questions asked. Hopefully you get back to participating more and joining in on the good things that do happen here because there is definitely far much more good than there is bad.
    i hear you this forum goes thru a period when its not what it should be, when i came back a few yrs ago it was actually going thru there elitist phase i would call it people leaving for what ever reason, and i am not everyones cup of tea my wife states that all the time, but for those that do take the time to know me, know me for who i am, and they know they come to me any time they need something, whether its cigar related or not, but mostly cigar related, lol.
    Glock1975:
    LiquidChaos66:

Exactly. Joe u say "to force someone to accept a box because it's signed to be happy" No one forced anything on this guy, he gave a business card to a body guard and JD decides to send a signed box with a couple of smokes, how's that forcing something on someone, something free? You posted some of the botl here how they not representing the forum jumping on the new guy, yeah his 1st is about DE putting them down about free *** he got and I'm sure it rubbed to guys the wrong way cause some would have been excited to get the signed box, whether u personally don't like JD or his cigars is on u, I'm not a huge fan myself, but I would have loved receiving it. I'm not taking "pot shots" at ya, as u say you don't have the time or energy, why should I have pm u when you posted here. Everyone has a opinion here and that's fine, but don't put others down when they post their opinion.
    ray read what your typing "but don't put others down when they post their opinion" my point from the get go,
    and I didn't mean p/m me now I meant before hand or any other time you have seen me, why would I want you to p/m me now? your upset
    jesus. Not really worth defending my point. if you wanna pick and choose at what is being said it is your choice. Take a look at the last paragraph that I posted. I came into this group with the desire to learn more about cigars and interest in becoming part of this community and leech off their knowledge and share where I could. I joined in the conversations and got to know the people here... BUT Enter into a community and B***H about A GIFT!!!! You sound spoiled and ungrateful! no better way to start off in a online group.

I for one don't get the luxury of going to Cigar Fest... I don't have the luxury to smoke a box of cigars every week... I don't get gifts from people like JD or anyone else in the cigar world... Ive gotten bombed by brothers willing to send a stranger a GIFT! Now if he had paid for the box and autograph then I would understand his frustrations. BUT it was FREE out of the KINDNESS OF SOMEONES HEART! god... now im realty starting to not like this guy. lol
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    Glock1975:
    LiquidChaos66:

ray read what your typing "but don't put others down when they post their opinion" my point from the get go,
    and I didn't mean p/m me now I meant before hand or any other time you have seen me, why would I want you to p/m me now? your upset
    Not upset at all
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I used to smoke Kuba Kuba cigars. And really enjoyed them when I did. I for a variety of reasons moved on to non infused. "JD" as you refer to him doesn't know you from Adam. He meets 1000's of people a year and if you felt you had a personal connection with him then it is with you, not him. That business card you gave him went into a pile of others and got registered and answered. You should be happy you got what you did. Personally I would never give up a cigar I Loved unless I decided to move on for a variety of reasons. I hope you continue to smoke cigars, which ever you like, until you can't. Don't stop smoking what you like over a misunderstanding.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Never had a infused never will! To me as I always say it's like flavored vodka...if I want orange flavor I'll eat a orange if I want berries I'll eat berries! And crap really bacon vodka these days wtf!!!!!!!!! Same with all the bs DE is selling you and telling you it's great tobacco well you couldn't tell with all the crap they "infused" with crap tobacco!!
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Never had a infused never will! To me as I always say it's like flavored vodka...if I want orange flavor I'll eat a orange if I want berries I'll eat berries! And crap really bacon vodka these days wtf!!!!!!!!! Same with all the bs DE is selling you and telling you it's great tobacco well you couldn't tell with all the crap they "infused" with crap tobacco!!

WOOOOOOOOOOAH!!!! Bacon Vodka is good in a Bloody Mary...
    on a lighter note I been experimenting with glass and vinyl, LOL
    photo 20150509_171309_zpsu9sy5vv2.jpg photo 20150509_141129_zpsrlphuiyf.jpg
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Youve been Nished!
    Etching paste or sandblasting?
    I bought an Iwata air eraser for glass etching.
    Are you using eps or ai for your vinyl cutting?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    I use svg eps wmf cdr and eps files for cutting, but use other software to trace and convert what ever pic I need to a cuttable file, I use paste and testing out a laser etcher I had put away for other stuff but it can be used on glass.
    Been using illustrator for years, but got Inkscape and Corel recently, so been using eps more lately.
    Had the vinyl cutter put away for a long time. Mostly only used it for airbrush work, but got a heat press for shirts and thinking of getting the heat transfer vinyl and if I do that, the vinyl cutter will be put back in use. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: