Home General Discussion

About Drew Estates That You Should Read !!!!!

Comments

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    what does it matter if it's his first post or not? he is expressing his opinion on an open forum, you don't gotta like his opinion, and if he smoked as many cigars as he states I think he is entitled to his opinion, but you don't have to jump on him for it either, personally I could careless about DE I don't smoke their stuff never have never will, if someone else like's them, then so be it.
    but I actually like reading posting from 1st timers like this you usually get fresh perspective whether you like it or not, it's always interesting.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    DE has some good stuff here and there.. i remember a while back he was on a cigar event live completely hammered talking about his gigantic ring he had the whole time.. Never even got into cigars really lol
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Victor, having met jd many times, the reason u waited in line for so long was because he actually wants to chat with people, and not just rush them through the line. Had u taken another few minutes perhaps u would have found that out. I m sorry for your experience and having had such a let down on your signed box. This year, johns dad (I recognized him as the man in the boat on the baitfish wrappers) was there and i chatted numerous times with him as well as jd. Btw, this year John was signing boxes ( with 2 manifesto A's) in them. Perhaps the 'security guard' to which u refer, was perhaps willie? Oh well, u r free to smoke or not smoke any cigars u wish.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Would that sticker fit on a 5 count herfador?
    The stickers measure 4 x 6
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    How many of you guys have gotten a little smile on your face when you opened your package from ccom and seen the box of matches? Or am I the only one?

Right on, brother. Personally, whenever I buy a package of floor mop refills from the Harrier Carter catalog and they always generously include at no extra cost that big envelope full of special offers to sign up for reverse mortgages, Omaha Steaks, hearing aids and AARP memberships I'm hardly able to hold back the tears of gratitude.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Personally, whenever I buy a package of floor mop refills from the Harrier Carter catalog and they always generously include at no extra cost that big envelope full of special offers to sign up for reverse mortgages, Omaha Steaks, hearing aids and AARP memberships I'm hardly able to hold back the tears of gratitude.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    One time I received a 6 pack of Fruit Of The Loom reg white socks (I know right??? borrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnng) Anyhow, I noticed they were all for the left foot. What the hell am I going to do with 12 left foot socks? F*ck Fruit of the Loom. Hanes FTW
    What the, I think I need to change my Panties after reading this shizz.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Well fellas, after reading this, I will NEVER smoke another Kuba Kuba again!!!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do famous cigar makers really sign empty boxes as a collectors items? Do any of them do that? I don't know. If they do, they should have it clearly labeled as a collectors item. Right? To avoid this type of situation. Right?

Or, could a signed, sealed, empty box just be the result of a simple mistake? Or employee theft? To me, there seems to be more plausible and forgivable explanations than there are nefarious ones. No offence Victor, but why assume the worst? And, force yourself to give up your favorite cigar?
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    danielzreyes:
    One time I received a 6 pack of Fruit Of The Loom reg white socks (I know right??? borrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnng) Anyhow, I noticed they were all for the left foot. What the hell am I going to do with 12 left foot socks? F*ck Fruit of the Loom. Hanes FTW
    One word for you, boys.

Commando.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Glock1975:
    danielzreyes:
    One word for you, boys.

Commando.
    New meaning to rock out with your.... Out ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you stood in line for an hour wasting time only to give his body guard your card - was there anything on the card for him.

My take: you gave him a card (with your name on it) leaving him to say for what? He sends you an empty cigar box with his name on it - leaving you to say for what?

It was a setup for an icebreaker the next time you meet. Sounds thoughtful enough to me. The real problem is you did not take the time to open - or could not tell it was empty before you met him again to use the icebreaker - I'm positive had you asked, "why did you send me any empty box?" he would have said to himself this is the guy that gives me $150/wk and would have had a lengthy conversation with you or more. Sometimes the forest cannot be seen through the trees.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    WaltBasil:
    Glock1975:
    danielzreyes:
    One word for you, boys.

Commando.
    how did this become a **** joke? this is serious ish yo!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Victor,

Life it too short to spend this much effort in trying to fault someone who's intention was to make a kind gesture. It's also not worth giving up something you obviously enjoy (box a week!) because you drew an erroneous conclusion.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    WaltBasil:
    Glock1975:
    danielzreyes:
    One word for you, boys.

Commando.
    how did this become a **** joke? this is serious ish yo!
    TOTW nominee ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • victormabvictormab Posts: 8
    Please don't call me a clown. For all i know you may be a $2.00 cigar ****
  • victormabvictormab Posts: 8
    Hey People, For being on here for my first time it surprises me the amount of A Holes. Men that never made
    it to the grown up side of life. I'm explaining about the experience that i encountered with JD. And you selfish MF's
    put me down. I bet half of you don't really know the difference between cigars. But thats ok . I get it.
    Its a empty box with his signature on it.
    So with that said how many of you gave your sons or daughters a empty box for Christmas with your signature on it? That's different? How
    Like i said i really don't need anything from anybody especially cigars. Thank GOD i can afford them.
    victormab:
    Hey People, For being on here for my first time it surprises me the amount of A Holes. Men that never made it to the grown up side of life. I'm explaining about the experience that i encountered with JD. And you selfish MF's put me down. I bet half of you don't really know the difference between cigars. But thats ok . I get it. Its a empty box with his signature on it. So with that said how many of you gave your sons or daughters a empty box for Christmas with your signature on it? That's different? How Like i said i really don't need anything from anybody especially cigars. Thank GOD i can afford them.
    Your first post was a complaint. What did you expect? I would have been puzzled and laughed it off if that had happened to me. I would not have created an account on a cigar forum just to complain about something so dumb.
    mmccartneydc:
    Well fellas, after reading this, I will NEVER smoke another Kuba Kuba again!!!
    This.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    you guys are funny, but you never fail at representing the forum in top form, and come on half if not more would complain if you put a sealed box of cigars in your humi for 2yrs and only to find out it was empty, and its clear he is not a collector of autographs, and I agree why waste the time sign and seal a box of cigars let alone a empty box?
    just like a few of you, I met JD and his reps here on more then one occasion, and he knows I don't like his cigars or him, but hey does not mean i can justify the action because I met him.
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    victormab:
    Hey People, For being on here for my first time it surprises me the amount of A Holes. Men that never made it to the grown up side of life. I'm explaining about the experience that i encountered with JD.
    Some people would be happy with a signed box, others would have laughed when they found it was empty and then there the special few that get sand in their **** and set up new accounts on cigar forums to tell the world how they were wronged.

victormab:
    And you selfish MF's put me down. I bet half of you don't really know the difference between cigars. But thats ok . I get it.
    I wasn't aware that smoking $43,000 in Acid Kubas makes you a cigar expert.

victormab:
    So with that said how many of you gave your sons or daughters a empty box for Christmas with your signature on it? That's different? How Like i said i really don't need anything from anybody especially cigars. Thank GOD i can afford them.
    Whaaaaat? You're comparing your situation to a parent giving their child an empty Christmas box with a signature on it? Unless JD is your father, your argument just went full ****.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    victormab:
    Hey People, For being on here for my first time it surprises me the amount of A Holes. Men that never made it to the grown up side of life. I'm explaining about the experience that i encountered with JD. And you selfish MF's put me down. I bet half of you don't really know the difference between cigars. But thats ok . I get it. Its a empty box with his signature on it. So with that said how many of you gave your sons or daughters a empty box for Christmas with your signature on it? That's different? How Like i said i really don't need anything from anybody especially cigars. Thank GOD i can afford them.
    You seem to be a bit sensitive. You have a questionable experience with a man that you've barely met and came here to complain about him. You don't like what we have to say and you say we're childish and that we don't really know cigars. You want to bolster your argument so you use a false equivalent. You're the one who is childish. Not everyone here is going to agree with what you have to say. Did you really think that some half-assed story about how JD sent you an empty box with his signature, after never having met you, was going to get everyone here up an arms about how terrible of a person he is? Grow up. He didn't owe you anything and you're not any worse off after you found out there was no cigars in the box.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    victormab:

As a TOW winner, I know a good troll when I see it. Therefore, I nominate victornab for a future TOW, for having the chutzpah to troll his own thread!
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we were kids all we got for Christmas were are parents autographs, and we liked it. And maybe I can't taste the difference between salt and lemon, but I know I am having a cigar when smoke is coming out of my mouth. That's only after I've sat outside bothering people who work and contribute to society for enough spare change until I can afford one mind you.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    victormab:

Please spell out Jonathon Drew. There are one or two really tiny minds that will think you are talking about me.
    jd50ae:
    victormab:

Please spell out Jonathon Drew. There are one or two really tiny minds that will think you are talking about me.
    <hurry up.....it must be h#ll living on who is on line.
    jd50ae:
    victormab:

hurry up.....it must be h#ll living on who is on line.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    victormab:
    Please don't call me a clown. For all i know you may be a $2.00 cigar ****

Maybe I missed it... But who called you a clown?
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    you guys are funny, but you never fail at representing the forum in top form, and come on half if not more would complain if you put a sealed box of cigars in your humi for 2yrs and only to find out it was empty, and its clear he is not a collector of autographs, and I agree why waste the time sign and seal a box of cigars let alone a empty box?
    just like a few of you, I met JD and his reps here on more then one occasion, and he knows I don't like his cigars or him, but hey does not mean i can justify the action because I met him.
    To put my brothers down on this forum who have commented on this thread and actually contribute to the forum, not just selling cigars as u do, I don't think that is right. I would say more than half of the botl here if they received a signed box from there fav cigar company would be very appreciative, I know if Jon Huber or Pepin sent me a box signed empty just for loving there cigars and they did it out of kindness I would love it and put it on full display, just like Tat, Viaje, Fuente fans here I'm sure if they had got a box they would love it. Just because you don't like DE, or JD, I'm sure there are plenty who do like them or him.
  • ForceRForceR Posts: 14
    Being a new guy on here, I probably don't know enough to really contribute much to these discussions, but I do feel I have something I can add to this one. This year was my first year at Cigar Fest. When JD was meeting people in line upstairs, I stood in line just like you did. Unlike you, I don't smoke that many Drew Estate cigars, but I felt that thanking the guy who sponsors a great event every year, including the prizes, was the least I could do. I waited, was lucky enough to meet the man, expressed my appreciation, and he handed me some swag and three of his Manifesto cigars. That was much more then I could expect or appreciate, since he didn't know me from any other swinging *** in the room, and that seems like a real stand up guy to me. Now I can appreciate your opinion, and maybe spending as much as you do on his products should get you a little something, but, quite frankly, why should it? If you had never handed his bodyguard a card, he would never have sent you anything, and you would have continued to enjoy his product, just like all the other products you enjoy every day from national companies. You don't expect Kellogg's, Johnson&Johnson, or British Petroleum (BP) to give you anything free, so why should he? That being said, if you had waited until next year, stood in line, and told him this story, I bet the guy would have bombed you with his product, but you've decided to take shots at him on here. I wouldn't be surprised if he read these posts and decided he really didn't need your business. - Force