Hit return twice and....

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer

Comments

• variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    NO MORE CODE!!!!!

B) 
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what's going on now.....this is too futuristic for me.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Oh goody there's a toggle HTML button. (Far right the carats with slash in between)
    Now I can go old school and still use my img tags, BR, href, and font tags

• pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

Awesome look

Click on your avatar, we got some kind of badges or something for being the first two forum whores to post here
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they let you jump to the last page of a thread. Kind of sucks going through all of the pages to get where you want to go.
    variant2 said:
    Click on your avatar, we got some kind of badges or something for being the first two forum whores to post here
    :+1: 

• CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Awesome look? This is ugly. It's giving me a headache just looking at it. The last one was clean, smooth and well put together.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    WTF is going on? Who are you people?

<br><br><br>

What the?!?! <br> damnnn it. <BR>!

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Crisius said:
    Awesome look? This is ugly. It's giving me a headache just looking at it. The last one was clean, smooth and well put together.
    Im leaning on your side for this one... might be a thing you have to get used to
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will take some time to get used to but it is a step forward!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

There is even a points system and a polls option.  Interesting to see how this will incorporate into contests etc.

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF is going on? Who are you people?

<br><br><br>

What the?!?! <br> damnnn it. <BR>!

wait ...... huh?!?! what the ...
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

It's fresh - the Who's Online Feature is awesome.  Everyone hates change initially - give a few days and you will see the coolness

Now we just need some moderators to help with stickies, double posts, etc.,
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
    I hope they let you jump to the last page of a thread. Kind of sucks going through all of the pages to get where you want to go.

Agreed! 1 shortcoming I don't like - at least I could select Newest to Oldest in old UI
  • Hey guys, glad you like it. It has been a long time coming. PM me if you find any bugs along the way. Also, the entire website is on a new platform if your haven't noticed. It looks pretty much the same, but works a lot faster.

-Bryan

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    this feels too weird.  may have to quit ccom now
    edited May 2015
    matkn293 said:
    Yeah and Cocaine was once called a step forward. A cure all. Just because something is new and spiffy looking, does not make it a step forward. I have a saying for you, "If it ain't broke, don't touch it."

There was nothing wrong with the old look. A little antiquated? Yeah. But it was clean. This is messy. It's something a child would build as a forum. "Well this is how many other 'new' forums look". Just because something is new, doesn't make it better. I will point to the more recent Mustangs, hell, the Mustang hasn't been good since 1970. That was the last good year. Yet they keep putting out "new and sleeker" models every year that are supposed to be better and better. They keep getting crappier and crappier.

Just because something is new, does not make it better nor does it make it a step forward.

Hey guys, glad you like it.

-Bryan

That's still up for debate.
    This is not good... 

We can't edit posts after an hour. This may be a problem for OPs (original posters) that need to update the first post.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
    Crisius said:
    matkn293 said:
    Yeah and Cocaine was once called a step forward. A cure all. Just because something is new and spiffy looking, does not make it a step forward. I have a saying for you, "If it ain't broke, don't touch it."

There was nothing wrong with the old look. A little antiquated? Yeah. But it was clean. This is messy. It's something a child would build as a forum. "Well this is how many other 'new' forums look". Just because something is new, doesn't make it better. I will point to the more recent Mustangs, hell, the Mustang hasn't been good since 1970. That was the last good year. Yet they keep putting out "new and sleeker" models every year that are supposed to be better and better. They keep getting crappier and crappier.

Just because something is new, does not make it better nor does it make it a step forward.

Ageed - but it doesn't make it worse either.  The only thing it makes it initially is different.  I'm an IT guy that has had a computer since 1981 - everything changes and it takes a little while to get used to the new look, the new clicks and find out all the new features.  There inevitably will be pros and cons compared to the previous one.  Then, we have to go through it again...over and over.  The only thing I can count on in IT is change and the fact that no one likes it. :)
    Crisius said:
    matkn293 said:

Many people have been asking for change for some time.  I have a feeling that this will be received well once people get a feel for it.  Much more user friendly all the way around. 

You have your opinion and I have mine.  Agree to disagree!

edited May 2015
    Along with the Who's Online Feature - I really like mousing over your inbox and clicking to get a preview of the last PM without leaving the discussion.  Another tick on the coolness side of the ledger
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    -
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

Hey guys, glad you like it. It has been a long time coming. PM me if you find any bugs along the way. Also, the entire website is on a new platform if your haven't noticed. It looks pretty much the same, but works a lot faster.

-Bryan

Is there a dedicated app out there or just web based application from a browser.  I briefly went on through the web base and that application is a quite a bit tougher to navigate through than on a PC.

Tiny, I had if you moved from the forums to the site, it counted as a logout, but if you were logged in and "favorited" a page. Or you are running Firefox and let it use the "most visited pages" as your "new window" screen you just take that one time you were logged in and use it. If I went to the site directly, I was logged out. If I came directly to like my PM's, I was still logged in and could move to the forums and stay logged in.

Penn, and I've been building them since 97. Not as long as you, but I don't agree that this new look is better. I came to the old forums because they looked good. This looks like a buzzfeed page. It's enough to make me want to leave.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

variant2 said:
    This is not good... 

We can't edit posts after an hour. This may be a problem for OPs (original posters) that need to update the first post.
    Yeah, being able to edit the first post for something like the Pass I just did made it easy to keep everything at the front as it happened. Hopefully that gets changed so we can still do that.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• jliu said:
    this feels too weird.  may have to quit ccom now

You get used to it after awhile. The old forum platform was no longer supported. It's days were numbered.

-Bryan

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    It...hurts my eyes.
  • jimmyv723 said:

variant2 said:
    This is not good... 

Yeah, being able to edit the first post for something like the Pass I just did made it easy to keep everything at the front as it happened. Hopefully that gets changed so we can still do that.

It's not an admin setting but we'll reach out the forum people to see if they can make it happen. Not a tall ask. Just to clarify you would prefer if they were editable forever right?

-Bryan