Home General Discussion

And we finally got the forum makeover!

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This forum doesn't like my iPhone 
    Money can't buy taste
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know who to contact for log in troubles? Brother Pascoe can't even log in to the forums. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skweekz said:
    Anyone know who to contact for log in troubles? Brother Pascoe can't even log in to the forums. 
    Is he on a smart phone?
    I couldn't get logged in for quite some time on my phone until I realized that the menu thing covered everything.

He might have to email someone at ccom.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    I have no idea what's going on now.....this is too futuristic for me.
    Hello?  I think this will attach to jgibv's comment...how do I just reply to a topic without quoting?  Let's see what happens.  I'm lost as a goose.  I wasn't that great with the other one.  All things must pass, I suppose...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm, well, they've saved our post-counts, we didn't lose all the old conversations, I think those were the biggest fears regarding an upgrade.  So, kudos for that.  I guess this will just take a little time to adjust to.  No more signature lines?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    I like it ....but imma still crack jokes!! huzzah 4 ccom! photo stew_zpsgkzyn0yn.jpg
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Wow! This is weird.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm, well, they've saved our post-counts, we didn't lose all the old conversations, I think those were the biggest fears regarding an upgrade.  So, kudos for that.  I guess this will just take a little time to adjust to.  No more signature lines?
    I lost posts. Weird
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Nice make over!

"Long ashes my friends."

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    variant2 said:
    This is not good... 

We can't edit posts after an hour. This may be a problem for OPs (original posters) that need to update the first post.
    +1 I am forever correcting my spelling.

I am sitting up and straighter when I am on this new forum however.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I love the new forum and the ability to easily edit and format your posts.  I think i'll be a bit more active now since it's so easy.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, this new forum is going to take some time to get used to.  The new website is great, outstanding job.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm softening a bit. Still issues that must be resolved. Still not working properly with my iPhone. Still not able to see who originated each thread. Still no signature lines. Typing becomes unable to complete a post from time to time.....
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    I'm softening a bit. Still issues that must be resolved. Still not working properly with my iPhone. Still not able to see who originated each thread. Still no signature lines. Typing becomes unable to complete a post from time to time.....
    Signatures are working?  I have one.  You have to go to your profile and then edit your profile.  Interesting its not working on your iphone as I know others are not having issues with it now.

I agree seeing the originator of a thread is a feature I would like to see yet.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Is there some way to tag each thread such that it will indicate when there's new (to you) posts since your last visit?  I hate having to scroll through all the old stuff to get to the new. 

And why does my keyboard lock up every now and then?  I have to go to 'preview' then 'edit' to get it to work again...
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can bookmark threads or if you go to notification settings I believe you can get notifications to threads (discussions) your are involved in.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    jlmarta said:
    Is there some way to tag each thread such that it will indicate when there's new (to you) posts since your last visit?  I hate having to scroll through all the old stuff to get to the new. 

And why does my keyboard lock up every now and then?  I have to go to 'preview' then 'edit' to get it to work again...
    This automatically happens there's a small blue link that says "new" at the bottom.  It will also tell you how many new comments there are since your last read.  It's a little more subtle than the old new vs read indicator. 

Dunno about the keyboard... mine just lags when a draft saves ( which is way too often) 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    jlmarta said:

This automatically happens there's a small blue link that says "new" at the bottom.  

Uh, I find no link, blue or otherwise, that says "new". 

And my keyboard behaves as though I'm allowed only so many letters before it locks up again. It's maddening!!
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I just want to second the request for the bio section in our profile. There are ways around it now, but it can't be formatted. Hopefully that gets updated. Otherwise, despite still adjusting to it, this was a much needed overhaul.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    jlmarta said:

This automatically happens there's a small blue link that says "new" at the bottom.  

And my keyboard behaves as though I'm allowed only so many letters before it locks up again. It's maddening!!
    Marty, regarding the "showing new posts in threads" ... that feature exists but is kind of hard to read....making the text a different color would be easier to read IMO.

Notice in my pic below, I've highlighted in red. 
    Below the thread title you'll see the "total comments", and "new comments", also "most recent comment by"

And as far as your "keyboard" locking up --- it could be the auto-save feature.  I believe it saves every few minutes.  Kind of annoying especially if you're on a less-powerful machine it will "freeze" up your browser momentarily while it's saving.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Hate it. Avatars too small, don't like the layout at all.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chuck N said:
    Hate it. Avatars too small, don't like the layout at all.
    They should definitely tweak the layout for better readability/usability. 

Too much scrolling as it is now .... and the navigation column/boxes on the right side take up way too much screen real estate IMO.  Wish there was a way to resize or collapse them.

Hopefully they'll change the font sizes, spacing, box sizes, etc. 

Also noticing that quoted text appears larger for some reason -- again just takes up more space.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, John. I probably didn't explain that  very clearly.  

Yes, the quotes are terrible. It's literally impossible to read after one quote.  it makes zero sense that the quoted text would show up larger, and larger.... but, I am sure they will continue to tweak it.

I had two drafts saved while typing this... in under one minute. Lol
    jgibv said:
    jlmarta said:
    jlmarta said:

Marty, regarding the "showing new posts in threads" ... that feature exists but is kind of hard to read....making the text a different color would be easier to read IMO.

Below the thread title you'll see the "total comments", and "new comments", also "most recent comment by"

And as far as your "keyboard" locking up --- it could be the auto-save feature.  I believe it saves every few minutes.  Kind of annoying especially if you're on a less-powerful machine it will "freeze" up your browser momentarily while it's saving.

jgibv said:
    jlmarta said:
    jlmarta said:

jgibv said:
    jlmarta said:
    jlmarta said:

Okay, now I see the 'new' link. Thanks for that. The locking keyboard is still an enigma. I can get around it by c
    The OP belongs in the info line not just the last responder.
    All of the PMs I have deleted since joined are back.
    When quoting the small photo will not appear. Why is there a duplicate, but small, photo? The large photo will transfer OK but if only the small photo is in the quoted post you get no photo.
    Wonder how many folks quit? I saw rain post...oh well. Can't have everything.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Wonder how many folks quit?
    If someone leaves the forum because of the update, then I really have to question why they were here at all....
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Trying to read this on my phone is bad. Everything is a mile long. And it took me a few days to figure out how to log in
    needs color too. 
    One God, One Truth