Home General Discussion

And we finally got the forum makeover!

124»

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    We get email updates for "badges". What is a badge for?
    One God, One Truth
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get email updates for "badges". What is a badge for?
    Nothing. Lol!  You can change all of the notification settings in your profile to pick which ones give you emails.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just looked at my profile page. So, what is 'my wall'?  Where is it and what's it do?

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    mmmm my signature line is back.... all is right with the world

kuzi16 said:
    mmmm my signature line is back.... all is right with the world

Where?  I don't see a signature line. Isn't it supposed to show up with each post?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    Crisius said:
    matkn293 said:
    It will take some time to get used to but it is a step forward!
    Yeah and Cocaine was once called a step forward. A cure all. Just because something is new and spiffy looking, does not make it a step forward. I have a saying for you, "If it ain't broke, don't touch it."

There was nothing wrong with the old look. A little antiquated? Yeah. But it was clean. This is messy. It's something a child would build as a forum. "Well this is how many other 'new' forums look". Just because something is new, doesn't make it better. I will point to the more recent Mustangs, hell, the Mustang hasn't been good since 1970. That was the last good year. Yet they keep putting out "new and sleeker" models every year that are supposed to be better and better. They keep getting crappier and crappier.

Just because something is new, does not make it better nor does it make it a step forward.

Many people have been asking for change for some time.  I have a feeling that this will be received well once people get a feel for it.  Much more user friendly all the way around. 

You have your opinion and I have mine.  Agree to disagree!

I like it. Since I do almost everything from my iPhone this format is much easier to read. Just takes a bit of getting used to then you won't even remember the old forum. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is weird how everything gets stretched way out after a couple quotes though. All that scrolling gets tedious. 
    Yes, the quotes need a couple of fixes
    Yes, the quotes need a couple of fixes

The quotes aren't the only thing needing fixes. I just tried out the search function looking for a thread in the non cigar section titled 'coffee'. What it found had only a few posts in it - certainly not the whole thread. 

And while I was doing this, the damned auto-save thingy kept interrupting my composition, blocking my typing. It's a major pain in the tuckus. 

Then I tried adding a photo. When I clicked on 'preview' it showed the last draft it saved instead of my complete composition. 

Please make this fershlugginer thing work correctly - particularly on iPhones. 

Thank you... I think....
    I thought the search was improved, but I haven't used it a lot.  It will find individual posts, and I assume you have to click through to get the the thread they are in.  

I think from now on, if the OP tags the post with a # and keywords, it will help.  But for old threads, not much has changed.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I think for the most part the new design has moved up from the stone age, but there's so much wasted space on both sides of the posts and it's annoying everytime there's a large post.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Welp, I knew that I hadn´t been in to the forums in a while, but I certainly didn´t expect to come back to a foreign place! I´m not opposed to the changes, and I usually browse on my PC so there´s that, but it´s definitely going to be some adjustment.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨