Home Non Cigar Related
Options

CCom Fitness Thread

Comments

• Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feb 28, I am down 27 lbs, and had a great workout tonight cranking up the incline on the treadmill.
    Keep it up! This is pretty inspiring. You’ve got me wanting to hit the gym. 
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Cigarsonist, hoping to hike in the GSMNP (Smokies) this year. Soon as it dries up I hope to start hiking trails  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Cigarsonist, hoping to hike in the GSMNP (Smokies) this year. Soon as it dries up I hope to start hiking trails  
    Come down here! We’ve got some great spots I could show you
  • Options
    Might just do that, but I have accepted a challenge from my son to hike Mt. Leconte twice this year.  
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Vegas for a week so taking a break from the gym but I will be back next week ready to get back after it. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still in the gym three days a week. One half a hour cardio and one half hour resistance machines and free weights.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went off Keto plan Friday and yesterday,  ate pizza, drank beer, and al sorts of shenanigans. So today I am fasting until dinner time. Will finish my fast with s workout, chest and back, and then back to high fat low carb meals. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Still at 134. Been hitting the gym for 2 weeks now. My lifts have gone up by 25 percent. Still consider myself to be pretty weak, but I'm feeling significantly better. Tried the battle ropes a couple day ago. Those things suck...
    Post edited by Wylaff on
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Still at 134. Been hitting the gym for 2 weeks now. My lifts have gone up by 25 percent. Still consider myself to be pretty weak, but I'm feeling significantly better. Tried the battle ropes a couple day ago. Those things suck...

How much of that weight loss was beard weight? :D
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Wylaff said:

How much of that weight loss was beard weight? :D
    About 3 pounds.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Day two with this guy. He’s obviously better at kicking my ass than I anticipated. We did learn that my core is light years ahead of my limbs. Trying to get to the back muscles my arms have out first no matter what we did. Shoulders and arms will be the focus until they can keep up.

Also, conditioning sucks. TRX sucks. Ned ball slams sucks. Box jumps suck. Battle ropes suck. Kettle balls suck. Combining it all together into circuits sucks more than I can even express with our censorship.

Kudos to those of you who have been doing this for awhile. I had no idea. I’ve begun to measure junk food in how many additional circuits I will have to endure if I eat it...

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Day two with this guy. He’s obviously better at kicking my ass than I anticipated. We did learn that my core is light years ahead of my limbs. Trying to get to the back muscles my arms have out first no matter what we did. Shoulders and arms will be the focus until they can keep up.

Also, conditioning sucks. TRX sucks. Ned ball slams sucks. Box jumps suck. Battle ropes suck. Kettle balls suck. Combining it all together into circuits sucks more than I can even express with our censorship.

Kudos to those of you who have been doing this for awhile. I had no idea. I’ve begun to measure junk food in how many additional circuits I will have to endure if I eat it...
    You will be surprised in a couple of weeks you will be looking forward to going to the workouts. 
  • Options
    Headed to the gym this AM. 1/2 hour on the bike and 1/2 hour free weights and resistance machines.Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    spent half an hour unloading boxes of stuff, got 9000 steps yesterday, weight steady at 155 lbs. even though I spend most of my day parked at the workbench. Resting heart rate 52.
  • Options
    Back in the routine hiking this feels like 100 f sucks, but glad to be back at it. 
  • Options
    Good 9 miles in this morning. Finally temps under 70
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for those New Years resolutions fellas! Got in the ole normal 75% ascending 1.33 mile run. It kicked my @ss
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I climbed the stairs.  Only rested on the landing for a few seco....er.....minutes.

But I am still down 12 pounds since the first....
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    A half hour on the reclining bike and a half hour on the resistance machines and free weights three days a week.We have a small gym with state of the art equipment in our little town and it is owned by the county and is free. I have a complete set of dumbbells a pull down pull out machine and a bench. All set up in my studio.
  • Options

Nice wet 7 miles this morning. I am realizing I am getting old. As this 40 year old was telling me that he had to get his check up because he just officially hit the old age mark and then asked if I wanted to do a few more miles this morning I had to make an excuse telling him I had to work instead of telling him are you out of your **** mind!

• Options

Filed under the heading No Good Deed Goes Unpunished.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

How am I just finding this!!!????!!

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@Vision said:
    How am I just finding this!!!????!!

I was posting on here a lot until life threw me another knuckle ball. A great thread!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

Very cool. I’m setting goals for 2021 that had to be put on hold this year.

• Options

Yeah, my office arranged for some free time with a personal trainer at the gym at work right before we all went to work from home so I ended up not even going.

• Options

Some of you know how much I love the gym. It was a saving grace for my mental health. It was tough working up to a goal weight and then losing most of what I put on. I really effed up thinking I could jump right back in and had a pretty bad setback trying to lift close to what I left off at and torqued my lower back pretty bad. I’m smarter with my routine and diet then before. I love the work that needs to be put in tho. I love the accomplishment.

• Options

This 74 year old has a bench, a pulldown, pullout machine and dumbbells from 5lbs to 30lbs. I have my morning cigar then spend 1/2 hour with the weights followed by a 2 mile walk in these mountains, Use it or lose it.