Home Non Cigar Related
Options

CCom Fitness Thread

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wylaff, Awesome progress man!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey TX I ran my mouth 1/2 the day.. top that Forrest!
  • Options
    Trish said:
    Hey TX I ran my mouth 1/2 the day.. top that Forrest!
    I can’t 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome @Wylaff, Keep it up, I love hiking more than running. Way to go Wayne  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    Update, Gained about 10lbs. back since hitting the weights! @222 now but I’m getting strong, losing fat, and back pain/problems have decreased drastically. Yoga and stretching has helped tremendously with my back also! Still running a mile or two but the heat index is insane here! Over did it cutting down 4 huge crape myrtles last Friday, then ran 1.5 miles, my brain and body feel as if they have been cooked, got heat exhaustion bad for sure.

Be safe out there y’all! Don’t try to do to much at once, especially when heat index is on the 100’s.
  • Options
    Update after running today weight down to 216, creatines clearly water logging me.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hitting the gym for a hour this AM. Usually I work out Monday, Wed., and Friday. A circuit on the resistance machines and 30 minutes cardio on a bike or elliptical. Trying to keep the cigars to one every other day.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fitfully breaking into the fitness thing.  I hate it!

The wife and I want to encourage each other.  She really struggles between a diagnosed eating disorder, and she's been Type I since age 8.  She doesn't like exercise either, but has really been watching her intake, so she has a head start.  Some of her clothes are looking a little loose (which can be fun, don't get me wrong) but she wants to drop some more before buying a whole new wardrobe.

I want her to get a little closer to me before I do anything drastic.  I mean, if I stop drinking Coke and cut beer intake in half (and I don't even go through a 6-pack a week), I'll drop 15 lbs. in no time.  She hates me when I do that.

Earlier this year, we got some equipment.  She got a recumbent stationary (I use it, too) and I got an erg (rower).  We have used them just not regularly enough; it's more likely we use those than hit the pavement in the summer. Neither of us like the heat!

It hit me the other day how out of shape I am when I was trying to spread some mulch.  That's hard work!  After about 8 bags I was exhausted, pushed through to do a couple more and was spent.  I didn't used to be this way.  Granted, I'm older than I was, but I'm barely past 40, yo!  My youngest is going to be a freshman next year and I want to have some good times with the lady once he's off to college!  That's why we had kids pretty young, so we'd still be youngish when they were gone, thinking we'd have more money then than we did in the early 20s.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like spreading mulch is a good workout. Weight-bearing exercise is important, too.
    I'm spreading a truckload of wood chips on the parking lot and an hour or two of mowing today. 
  • Options
    Moving metal, keep it moving, don’t be lazy...workout like crazy then smoke a gar for the reward...

Keepin this thread ALIVE!
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knee is feeling much better. Nice 7 miles this morning 
  • Options
    Power is out again! In garage hammering back & biceps...Dedication...then going to run in the rain!!!
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to working out after a little 2 week beer drinking binge in Germany. LOL  Also going Keto to rapid fire some pound shedding.  This should be interesting.
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    Just finished up an hour ago. Absolutely destroyed back & biceps! Did yoga & abdominals pre workout.
  • Options
    Nice @TX98Z28

I did overall upper body in hiit. Thought I was gonna die. I look forward to when I will be doing muscle focus. Easing my way back in. 4 surgeries in 7 years dictates this.  :#
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    doing a 16/8 diet for a while.
  • Options
    @skydiverD, Slam the BCAA’s! I’ve been mega dosing them, recovery time and delayed onset muscle soreness cut in half.
    I take like 10 grams of these and mix with a preworkout such as this EVL Shred $hit to mask the taste, new one will report of the effects, their other pre workouts are strong this should be REAL strong LOL

• Options
    Cool.  Thanks for the tips.  I love drankin pre workouts and feeling that intense rush of energy!  When my ears and fingertips start tingling, I know its time to move iron.  I do typically mix in BCAA's as well.  Although not 10 grams LOL.  I'll have to look at how much is in a scoop when I get home.  

I usually do pretty well with muscle soreness.  I'm just getting back into the swing of things as tomorrow marks  my 1 year anniversary from rotator cuff surgery.  Brutal recovery, but got it back to about 90% now and will even out with my workouts getting harder.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting back into hiking.  12 miles last week. Hopefully I can hit that this week. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    @skydiverD, Here’s my supps in takin now, potassium nitrate, agmatine, creatine ethyl ester and this grape preworkout has creatine monohydrate in it the other Shred stuff has no creatine, they should rename it panic attack LOL was insanely strong.

For the BCAA’s it says one heaping teaspoon...this should qualify...LMAO

• Options
    ^Do NOT take all that and go for a hard run....bad idea! I blame Agmatine or CEE or both...
  • Options
    LOL. Taking all that looks like it’ll give you an unplanned colon cleanse.  :#

I used to stack L Arginine, Vasodilators, and Creatine, and BCAA’s on top of a pre workout called Assault (which already had all those stimulants in it). That made for a few urgent trips to the bathroom in the middle of workouts.  :D
  • Options
    ^Yesterday it made me really nauseous, today preworkout EVL Shred again, man stuff is insanely strong! Pushed mowed half the yard for 2.5 miles then running to the can LOL
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one way to increase your running speed.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^^  Ok now that made me laugh my ass off
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a great tip from my diet site.  I renamed my dog "Five Miles" and now I walk five miles several times a day!