Home Non Cigar Related

CCom Fitness Thread

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah last week Tuesday was brutal for me. 2 days afterwards i could barely walk. Made it through though.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In week 3 of P90X3.  The workouts are only 27 mins after the 3 min warmup.  Lots of bodyweight stuff.  Which is tough as my body weighs a lot!  LOL

I can feel my summer gain starting to come off... All those dang BBQ's and parties. 

Keep on fighting!!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today marks 6 months without drinking a drop of soda! 6 months without eating bread, cake or anything sweet. The change in my body has been fantastic, I am feeling more positive than ever! I am looking forward to keeping this up and going for even more because I feel great! No sugar, eating healthy, and above all, an hour of exercise every day!

I have no clue whose status this is, but it said to copy and paste and I always do what I'm told to do.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dammit, @webmost I think you meant to post that in the safety first thread.

Someone could put an eye out on them there nipplz
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Brad.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic Brad!!!! Keep it up
    Way to go Brad!  
    They say their is no bad weather to run in just bad gear. What the f&ck ever. 

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @genareddog Great pic, are you guys planning to break into the bank, lol.  All you guys are killing it, and I have been slacking, but I am back on course after gaining 30 lbs over the past 2 months. So far so good this week.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
    I am finding it tough to stay on the healthy eating with all the holiday parties and crap right now.  I'm maintaining my weight but not losing as much.  Seeing good increases in weight's that I can lift though.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best diet and exercise plan is the one you can stick with! Otherwise, it all comes back! Ask me how I know!lol
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trainer tried to killed me this week. Did deadlifts on Tuesday, a lot of them with decent weight (for me anyway). Couldn't even move Wednesday, my lower back hurt so bad. Not easy with a 3 year old who wants to play and have me pick him up! Thursday I told him I was hurting a bit, he said no worries...so we did upright rows with barbell, then 30 box step-ups, 25 squats, 20 TRX rows, 15 burpees, 10 dips, 5 sled pushes...then back up the chain again. Burpees suck, they suck worse with a sore back :) I should be at the gym today but my Mom slipped some Baileys in my coffee this morning so I don't see the gym happening :wink:
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    Edna20 said:
    Trainer tried to killed me this week. Did deadlifts on Tuesday, a lot of them with decent weight (for me anyway). Couldn't even move Wednesday, my lower back hurt so bad. Not easy with a 3 year old who wants to play and have me pick him up! Thursday I told him I was hurting a bit, he said no worries...so we did upright rows with barbell, then 30 box step-ups, 25 squats, 20 TRX rows, 15 burpees, 10 dips, 5 sled pushes...then back up the chain again. Burpees suck, they suck worse with a sore back :) I should be at the gym today but my Mom slipped some Baileys in my coffee this morning so I don't see the gym happening :wink:
    Those trx workouts are killer. Try trx burpees. 
    The hells a burpee? Me I been doing a lot of fartees. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost said:
    The hells a burpee? Me I been doing a lot of fartees. 
    https://youtu.be/ERY57ZydpCA
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I could do them, but not that.

I'm on steroids now.....Roid Rage!!!

LoL. Not that kinda steroid. Been sick as a dog since the Chicago herf. Doc gave me roids to help get over dis shlt. Needless to say haven't worked out in over a week and still think it'll be a few more days before I can.   :'(
    Today's workout kicked my ass, but it felt damn good to be back. Gorram Christmas food, combined with working too much, and parties = nearly two weeks with only two gym visits. Need to get back at it
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Yeah I'm with you. I thought Christmas would be a vacation from work and I would have gym time. Not so much.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

edited January 2017
    Lifted yesterday, my chest and triceps are sore as hell today. 

Proud to to say I survived the final test of getting back on the low/no carb wagon; had two small handfuls of muddy buddy's last night. Dang delicious carbs!
    Jumped with the kids and better half at one of those trampoline places last night. Kicked my tuchus. I must've had a wild hair as I went to gym afterwards. Trapezius muscles are still killing me. Thought about taking it easy today, but went with the better half earlier -- despite the soreness, had a damn good workout. Funny how that works, just gotta keep at it!!!
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started back up with an intermittent fasting routine, one day normal binging on junk food (just kidding) then the next day nothing until 5 pm. At least 1/2 hour of exercise at the end of the fast to burn some fat. I'm not particularly overweight but would feel better with about 10 lbs less 'muffin top'.
    Good workout today, kicked my own arse.

For my fellow BOTLs who are trying to get those workouts in, don't lose the faith. Our routines are supposed to be hard, it's the only way any of us will get better/stronger. 

You can bet your arse that I will be having some reward Scotch in a bit. 

-Jay
  • OdinsonOdinson Posts: 9
    I am finding it tough to stay on the healthy eating with all the holiday parties and crap right now.  I'm maintaining my weight but not losing as much.  Seeing good increases in weight's that I can lift though.
    I'm new here so this is belated, but I'm guessing a large part of the reason you were not seeing weight loss is because you're lifting more. Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat, so if you were just dieting w/o lifting you'd have seen the loss on the scale.
    Went for a 2 mile hike, knee still tender.
    Njbow said:
    Well I started losing weight Dec 2, 2016 I'm 5'9" my top weight was 343 pounds at 52 I decided to do something about it got strict with a diet eating mostly protein but I occasionally eat sweet's after a little over A year I'm at 225 pounds and went from a size 52 pants to a 38 I was wearing a 3xl shirt now an XL shirt I feel great but it was a tough journey and it still is but worth it just wanted to share my story.

Holy Crap thats some slimming.

Way to go @Njbow
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone here like wall sits? 

if so, we can no longer be friends. 
    i HATE wall sits.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *