Home Non Cigar Related
Options

CCom Fitness Thread

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I am going slow with restriction my food intake.  Drastic changes usually dont work for me.  Like @Edna20 said if you go on some odd diet if you start eating the things you took away even just a little that weight comes right back.  For me it needs to be a permanent change.  I still want to be able to enjoy beer, BBQ, pizza just need to cut back on the frequency and the amount at each time.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first time I realized I was getting to be a fat £uck, I dropped my keys getting out of the car and looked around to see if there was anybody that could pick them up for me. I dont do well with food restrictions and exercise was out of the question. My solution was quit drinking soda, more specifically quit mixing soda with my alcohol as that was the only time I drank soda. Results, lost 7 pounds the first week and 23 pounds in six weeks
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have come to the realization that I need to change my habits. Starting a new healthier eating habit and working out daily. I used to be in great shape and played sports, now I'm far from that. Looking to lose 75 pounds over the next year and bring my blood pressure down a bit.

good for you brad @avengethis .
    better eating habits and a regular exercise routine (even if it's just light exercise like walking) are the keys to success. 

the first 2 weeks will be tough, as you break the old habits and get into new routines.  but hang in there! once you get past the initial "shock" it will (hopefully) be smooth sailing.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Go Brad Go
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome news Brad, keep it up. Actually, the wife and I have found some great alternatives to eat in place of not so healthy favorites  Instead of Regular Spaghetti with meat sauce, we make our own meat sauce (no sugars) and we use noodles made from shredded zucchini. To tell you the truth, I like it better. Also we have found a recipe for a pizza crust made out of cauliflower, egg, and cheese. So we have pizza once a week.  I am still down more than 70 lbs, soon to be 80.  You got this @avengethis  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 1 with personal trainer...warm up, some chat to get to know each other and the type of workout I like, then a 6 minute workout and my legs are spent! Box step ups, squats, sled push, 3 rounds, wow.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Go Kelly❤ Go
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome news Brad, keep it up. Actually, the wife and I have found some great alternatives to eat in place of not so healthy favorites  Instead of Regular Spaghetti with meat sauce, we make our own meat sauce (no sugars) and we use noodles made from shredded zucchini. To tell you the truth, I like it better. Also we have found a recipe for a pizza crust made out of cauliflower, egg, and cheese. So we have pizza once a week.  I am still down more than 70 lbs, soon to be 80.  You got this @avengethis  
    got a recipe for that pizza crust??? Sounds good.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All y'all are getting me motivated to tear it up. Working out is no problem. I actually really enjoy it. It's the diet that does me in. If I didn't work out I'd be in even worse trouble. 

Like you i dont don't do anything crazy it's just making better choices and keeping track of how much goes in. A truck that helps me eat less:  drink a full glass of water 5-10 mins before eating. Also keep the worst (for you) part of the meal for last. This way you won't be tempted to eat as much of it cuz you'll feel full. I go, veggies, meat, then carbs. Many times I'll only eat half the carb (rice, potato, etc). 

Anthow look foreard to hearonf all your success stories. Here's to the gun show in 2017! LOL
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I would really encourage everyone to check the whole 30 plan. The first 30 days is a detox, however they do say no tobacco, or alcohol,  but I don't think a fine cigar ever hurt while loosing 70 + lbs, lol.  It is a good program, it really is more of life change. There is a book titled "it starts with food" it explains a lot of things. You don't have to eat all organic, or the best type of meats etc, but do what you can. Eat to your full even though they give guidelines on how much veg, protein, Fat, and Fruit. The thing is it is a healthier way, and I feel 100% better, and not as sick as I used to get. 
  • Options
    lol thought you'd all get a kick out of this "gym wildlife" video..... 

https://youtu.be/n1GUQVo1Lps

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great 10 miler this morning. Now it's tapper time. 
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just drank my pre workout Assault......  Watching the dragon burn........ 
    Hulk Smash!!!!

Woo hoo, this stuff is great!  I should drink this all day every day!  Time to sling iron.  Happy Saturday yall!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    I remember back in about 2000, a coworker of mine used to drink this stuff called Speed Stack. He'd bring it to work and give it to everyone. I drank two once and tried to play basketball, I ended up laying next to the court feeling so sick from it! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran a half this morning. I am no @genareddog so I ran slow as hell, but I did better this time than my last half last month. 

Legs are still sore as hell...

-Jay

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Jay 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Jay! Time means nothing. 
  • Options
    @silvermouse

Here is the Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe:

Ingredients:

1 head of Cauliflower, stalk removed

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

1/4 cup grated parmesan

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

2 eggs lightly beaten

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper

Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine

Steam in a steamer basket and drain well  (Instead of the steamer, we prepare our cauliflower in the microwave: Cook 2 minutes in microwave, take out and stir, then 3 minutes, then stir, then cook 5 minutes in microwave and stir, then let it cool before adding ingredients.)

In a bowl, combine cauliflower with the mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and eggs. Transfer to the center of the baking sheet and spread in desired shape for pizza. Bake for 20 minutes. Add desired sauce and toppings and bake an additional 10 minutes.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the recipe, definitely going to try it.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to start the day with protein. One egg and coffee. Then walk the dog and go up to my shop for a cigar. After the stogie a thirty minute walk and I'm ready to face the day. I quit drinking beer a couple of weeks ago and dropped ten pounds. Sure wish dark rich creamy beer didn't taste so good.
  • Options
    I like to start the day with protein. One egg and coffee. Then walk the dog and go up to my shop for a cigar. After the stogie a thirty minute walk and I'm ready to face the day. I quit drinking beer a couple of weeks ago and dropped ten pounds. Sure wish dark rich creamy beer didn't taste so good.
    Just make your own dark rich creamy beer to go with your home rolled then walk for 45 minutes, a win for all
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Anybody using the MyFitness Pal app?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    great work @jarubla !  that's about 13.1 miles further than i could run!  kudos for doing it! 

nice recipe @TNBigfoot68 , thanks for sharing.  we've made something similar but subbed out the cheeses for nutritional yeast. 

@avengethis ; never tried "myfitness pal". I really like the MapMyFitness app, works great for tracking distance/elevation on bike rides, walking, hiking, etc.
    the app has a food log as well, my wife uses the food log feature but i do not.

• Options
    Yeah @jgibv this one is really nice at tracking food.  You can scan bar codes to pull in the nutritional info or save recipes that your frequently make so its easy to get it pulled in.  My wife has used many different ones and has found this one to be the best, it also syncs up with many trackers like fitbit and those devices.  I am using it for helping me track my daily intake of calories, fat, sodium and cholesterol as this is what I really need to focus on right now.  I can setup custom levels of what I need to be at in the app and I plan my meals accordingly.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Yeah, I've used that as well Brad. I always end up forgetting to log stuff :-/ I've been doing my workouts that my trainer has sent to me, tomorrow is my second session with him. We've also been doing a detox thing. Supposed to clear you of toxins and then you slowly add stuff back to see what makes you feel like crap. I also stopped drinking alcohol during the week. And....I've lost nothing, sigh. And the detox makes you feel like you have a crazy hangover all the time and makes you really tired! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Yeah so far I've been diligent in logging my food, exercise and water intake. It is making it easy to track my food intake.

I have not had any alcohol in the last month besides my fishing weekend. I'm weighing myself once a week instead of daily. I'll see how it is going tomorrow morning.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    @avengethis you are doing all the right things. Keep it up.  I have been on my fitness Pal for 3 years. I lost 90 lbs the first time. 
  • Options
    Down 18 pounds as of those morning. 12 more to my first small goal and 82 until my hopefully final goal.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    That's awesome Brad! The one downside of drinking so much water is having to get up and pee in the middle of the night :blush: I've got to stop weighing in daily, but I just can't help it. I've just got to stick with it and I know eventually things will start to change, right now my body is just being stubborn. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!