CCom Fitness Thread

Comments

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @genareddog awesome - way to go!!!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lifted today, was another one of those 'off' workouts. Gonna keep on pushing forward. 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Lifted today, was another one of those 'off' workouts. Gonna keep on pushing forward. 
    Sometimes the victory is completing the workout. Way to go. 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my oldest daughter says she wants to start working out again. Going to be fun.

• Options
    8 miles of hills this morning. Glad it's over.
  • Options
    Wow, great job @genareddog - great workout.  It's raining here in TN keeping me in, maybe I can get out later today.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    suck it up buttercup
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need serious help-- I can't get my knee replacement until I lose 35-40lbs. I need a program that spells out what to eat/avoid. My knee is bone on bone so cardio is difficult. Other than decomposing I'm having a hard time coming up with a plan. Two years ago I lost weight taking Phentermine-- probably can't get that again. Suggestions?
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mayo clinic diet worked for me Shizza, but that was a long time ago. I liked it because you could eat as much as you wanted, as long as it was on the list for that day. I hope you can do a web search and still find the menu options. Good luck my BOTL. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if swimming would be an option for exercise with lower impact on your knees. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    @Bigshizza how feasible is it for you to make a diet change? Exercise is good, but with your knee, diet is a logical place to start.

I have cut out processed sugars and breads (I eat fruit, salads, dark leafy green smoothies, and lots of meat). My only real indulgence is the occasional beer (they are high in carbs). Whiskey, wine, and the hard stuff is relatively low carb, you just need to watch the quantity. Interestingly, when you get into the low carb thing after a few weeks, you will get buzzed a lot faster for some reason.

It is tough to start, but as you go along, you learn what can and cannot be eaten--check sugar and carbs content of everything. A lot of products have it snuck in to make the food taste better. 

Drink lots of water, it helps!

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    @Bigshizza I am down 70+ lbs by following the whole 30 program. There is a book called "it starts with food"  It works
  • Options
    If the good Lord is willing on Friday September 30th 2016 I will attempt my hike to the top of Mnt LeConte  in Gatlinburg TN. The route I will be taking is 6.8 miles each way. I find these hikes to be a spiritual and physical challenge / reward. In 2004 I had a major back surgery just to keep me from being bed ridden.  in 2008 a second back surgery from a car wreck that broke my back. In 2009 my life hit rock bottom. After being told all the things that I couldn't do by Doctors and family, in 2013 I successfully climed  Mnt LeConte and returned in the same day to a tune of 13+ miles. Every time I go hiking I reflect on all the blessings God has given me and the impact He has on my life. Each step is a blessing. I will post pictures of my hike. I hope my story will encourage someone else. Right now I am 70+ lbs down from last year and still have 30 to lose. My sweet Wife I met 2013 and married in 2014 fattened me up lol, but now it is coming off.  Wish me luck. 
  • Options
    Looking fwd to the pictures @TNBigfoot68!!
  • Options
    Good luck @TNBigfoot68. This dang job has gotten me off my walking regimen, I just don't want I walk at night, it's a wildlife issue more than anything and I know they are not as active at night but walked by this in the morning. Where is snakekilla when ya need him
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Good luck Bigfoot 
  • Options
    Survived 15 miles today. Thanks for all the support. Having a my My Father  #1 as celebration. 
  • Options
    Getting pumped for Vegas in about a month. Long run this morning with the last mile my fastest of the run at 7.44 . 
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    I need serious help-- I can't get my knee replacement until I lose 35-40lbs. I need a program that spells out what to eat/avoid. My knee is bone on bone so cardio is difficult. Other than decomposing I'm having a hard time coming up with a plan. Two years ago I lost weight taking Phentermine-- probably can't get that again. Suggestions?

swim
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Getting pumped for Vegas in about a month. Long run this morning with the last mile my fastest of the run at 7.44 . 
    @genareddog great time. 
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing pics @TNBigfoot68
  • Options
    10 mile run this morning now working all day.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    Maybe one of those cardio gliders would work for you. That is a real pickle. 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started back on my diet again and walking. Got to be serious about it this time my blood pressure last week was 161/94. I just lost my motivation this last year and gained back 40lbs, but I won't do my wife any good if I have a heart attack or stroke. 
  • Options
    Rhamlin said:
    I just started back on my diet again and walking. Got to be serious about it this time my blood pressure last week was 161/94. I just lost my motivation this last year and gained back 40lbs, but I won't do my wife any good if I have a heart attack or stroke. 
    Good luck @Rh@Rhamlin

One day at a time 
  • Options
    Great job @nogills2
  • Options
    I would smoke a fine cigar after that, conrats @NOGILLS2
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options