Home Non Cigar Related

CCom Fitness Thread

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @TNBigfoot68
    If you pass through Murfreesboro stop at "the humidor" downtown. They're comparable to online pricing and you don't have to worry about shipping or rest time after shipment. If I knew for sure that I still had one you'd be welcome to it. I'm quite impressed with that mountain hike you're going for. When exactly, will you be hiking it? 
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bob_Luken
    Planning on hiking it on September 30th. My Daughter in-law was going to hike it with me but they had to cancel the trip.  The wife is going, but she wont be able to hike the mountain, she is rehabbing a foot injury. The first time I hiked LeConte I did it solo, so here we go again, lol. To hike 13 to 14 miles in one day is not a lot of folks idea of fun. I love getting out in the woods, and up on those mountains, it is absolutely beautiful.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my previous post I was referring specifically to pricing on the Liga Privada selection at "the humidor".  
    It's really good when you have a B&M with prices competitive to on-line. Went into a local B&M in Franklin and every thing was outrageous.  :s
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    how is everyone doing with their fitness goals this week?  I will not get to do all my scheduled hikes, but planning on a 9 mile hike Saturday.  Waist size is down but weight is the same. Not a bad week
    This week has been going well. Have been to the gym 3x, today was good but yesterday was one of those days that straight up sucked. No 'groove', every exercise felt awkward, and I felt like shat.

Total opposite of today. Funny how that works!

Goodonya on the waist size being down!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 miles, tennis and a shlt ton of beer curls.
    I slept like #%^* last night. Thought about skipping the gym and swapping for sleep instead. Great workout today. Funny how that happens sometimes...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    LOL @jarubla hope the same trend holds for me our AC went out last night so I didn't sleep much. Heading out for a 5 Mile Hike after work in 94F Temp with high humidity, lol finishing will be the accomplishment today..  Congrats on the great workout!!!
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being almost 70 I've got to use it or I'll lose it. I do a walk three or four times a week. I usually walk about two miles Monday and Friday and three and a half on Wed and Sat. The three mile is through the woods following a small wild trout stream and I've never seen anyone else on the trail. There is no flat ground around here so it's up hills and down hills. Good cardio. The two miler takes 35 minutes and the three miler takes a hour.
    Being almost 70 I've got to use it or I'll lose it. I do a walk three or four times a week. I usually walk about two miles Monday and Friday and three and a half on Wed and Sat. The three mile is through the woods following a small wild trout stream and I've never seen anyone else on the trail. There is no flat ground around here so it's up hills and down hills. Good cardio. The two miler takes 35 minutes and the three miler takes a hour.
    Rodger, makes me wonder how old that trail is! I am guessing you've been walking it for a decade or two, and you've never seen anyone on it? Very cool
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good work everyone! Haven't been able to exercise regularly lately but last night was able to get in 125 push-ups and tonight 100 pull-ups. 
    10 100 yd sprints, 1 mile cool down and upper body workout.
    Had a great 5 mile hike with a light backpack. I love getting out on the trails!!!!
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Friends don't let friends skip leg day. 

Earlier today was leg day. 
    Leg day, haha - today is 5 mile hike with a pack day. 
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, I am still regretting leg day. Saturday is a running event I committed to run three months ago. Lemme just say I have been doing a bunch of 10K's and I am still a little iffy on how Saturday is going to go down. 

Today ay and tomorrow are rest days (thank God, I will take them!)
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats @jarubla and @TNBigfoot68
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    jarubla said:
    Ran a half marathon with my wife this morning (my first). She is tough! She kicked my butt. Now I need a nap, lol
    Great job and watch out, these can become very addicting .
    jarubla said:
    Ran a half marathon with my wife this morning (my first). She is tough! She kicked my butt. Now I need a nap, lol
    Way to go jarubla. That is an awesome accomplishment. 
    I had a great 13.5 hike today. 
    jarubla said:
    Great job and watch out, these can become very addicting .
    Says the guy who is up to 18(?) marathons in unique states? Lol
    I had a great week hiking and finished with  a personal best for a 5 mile hike with a 13+ lbs pack at 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was not the toughest trail I hike, but it was a great workout.
    Way to go @TNBigfoot68!!
    8 mile run this morning and supposed to do hill repeats tonight. We will see about that one.