Home Non Cigar Related
Options

CCom Fitness Thread

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    The diet is ok once it gets going, it's just the constant damn cravings for a donut that first week, lol. So far so good @TNBigfoot68!
    Hang in there.  Remember the old cliche, one day at a time and if you mess up, get right back on it the next day.  I'm on diet number 935 because the previous 934 didn't work.  

Tomorrow will be one year on the diet, the most ever for me.  But I have to look at it as a lifestyle and not a diet.  I have to do this for the rest of my life, so we have cheat days where we may go out to dinner and indulge, but the next day we get back to eating healthy.

I downloaded the free app "Lose It" and it helps me keep track of my calories and excercise and it also will track your weight.  Give it a try if you think it may help.

Good luck!
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilly 10 miler this morning.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 6 of the diet. Mostly not missing the verboten foods; still get a few sharp cravings a day. 

The damned deadlift machine...does it ever get any easier? Or do you just get better? ;) It keeps kicking my arse. 

On the upside, the missus complimented my pecs the other day. #MakingProgress #NotLouFerrignoQuiteYet
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Ran 7.5 today. Was supposed to be 8, but I had the group I was running with go on ahead till they turned around; while I walked a bit. Zzzzzzzzzzzz
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You area warrior @jarubla
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Great job Jay
  • Options
    First race of the year. 13.68 miles. 
  • Options
    Nice job Larry! @genareddog
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    How is everyone doing on their fitness goals?
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was bad between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  OK, I was very bad!  I gained almost 25 pounds of the 60 I lost.  Back to the real world the day after Christmas and I've lost 13 of what I gained.  It was very discouraging, but I had to do it.

I'm walking a lot more and will start running in small spurts.  I'm aiming for a Mud Run on 5/19.  I'm a very deceptive runner, I'm a lot slower than I look!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just trying to lose 10 lbs. but it's harder than I thought given that my work requires sitting at a bench all day. Well, actually, I should be walking instead of sitting at a 'puter during my free time. Always some excuse....
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got sick and went from 180 to 165 lbs in a week.
    Does that count?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I got sick and went from 180 to 165 lbs in a week.
    Does that count?
    That's the hard way to lose it, but if you want to lose it, then count it. Seriously I hope you are better.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got blood work done and total cholesterol was 275!!! LDL was 194!!!
    Down 15lbs. from 225 on this smoked chicken, brown rice, broccoli diet. Been running 1mile+ ever other day under 8-9mins(recored 7:33) not easy going up a constant grade ripping my inhaler lol
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    jarubla said:
    The diet is ok once it gets going, it's just the constant damn cravings for a donut that first week, lol. So far so good @TNBigfoot68!
    Hang in there.  Remember the old cliche, one day at a time and if you mess up, get right back on it the next day.  I'm on diet number 935 because the previous 934 didn't work.  

Tomorrow will be one year on the diet, the most ever for me.  But I have to look at it as a lifestyle and not a diet.  I have to do this for the rest of my life, so we have cheat days where we may go out to dinner and indulge, but the next day we get back to eating healthy.

I downloaded the free app "Lose It" and it helps me keep track of my calories and excercise and it also will track your weight.  Give it a try if you think it may help.

Good luck!
    That’s what I used. Need to get back to it. Hard to get motivated though. 
  • Options
    Well I've been on a serious life style change/health kick, one drink a week, two cigars a week! Also quit talking all the $hit for my back from the doctor... Dear lord thought I was going to die coming off that $hit the last couple weeks!!! Just ran 1.25 miles up steep grade and down none stop.

Weight is steady @ 210-212, Goal is 205 @ 10-12%BF, got a lot of fat to burn and a lot of muscle to gain back.

I'm encouraging all to exercise! The longer we live the longer we can all enjoy fine cigars.  
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Well I've been on a serious life style change/health kick, one drink a week, two cigars a week! Also quit talking all the $hit for my back from the doctor... Dear lord thought I was going to die coming off that $hit the last couple weeks!!! Just ran 1.25 miles up steep grade and down none stop.

Weight is steady @ 210-212, Goal is 205 @ 10-12%BF, got a lot of fat to burn and a lot of muscle to gain back.

I'm encouraging all to exercise! The longer we live the longer we can all enjoy fine cigars.  
    TX  Imagine how much weight you would lose if you stop worrying about me... hehehehe i'm teasing. Good for you, glad you are getting your mind, spirit and body back .... those meds are nothing but trouble. 
  • Options
    Trish said:
    TX98Z28 said:

TX  Imagine how much weight you would lose if you stop worrying about me... hehehehe i'm teasing. Good for you, glad you are getting your mind, spirit and body back .... those meds are nothing but trouble. 
    Thanks Trish, I'm feeling much better! Ya muscle relaxer withdrawal was horrible just as bad if not worse than Norco's honestly. Was taking 800-1200mg prescription ibuprofen a day too, maybe some withdrawal from that to. Got a big bottle of Milk Thistle to clean my liver out LOL

For the record I am not receiving any emails when you or anyone else on this forum mentions me in a post or quotes me...Going to start a thread about it...Makes me look rude not responding to people and I have no clue as I'm not receiving notifications.
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    Trish said:
    TX98Z28 said:

Thanks Trish, I'm feeling much better! Ya muscle relaxer withdrawal was horrible just as bad if not worse than Norco's honestly. Was taking 800-1200mg prescription ibuprofen a day too, maybe some withdrawal from that to. Got a big bottle of Milk Thistle to clean my liver out LOL

For the record I am not receiving any emails when you or anyone else on this forum mentions me in a post or quotes me...Going to start a thread about it...Makes me look rude not responding to people and I have no clue as I'm not receiving notifications.
    Eh, we all have a little rude in us.. but to be fair I didn't tag your full name so you shouldn't have gotten anything. At least I can say I've never been alerted to quotes. No worries.
  • Options
    Ran my usual mile up 3/4 constant grade,1/4 down grade in 8:27. Then ran an extra .75 of a mile up and down the “hill from hell”. One lap on the “hill from hell” is exactly .25 of a mile. My legs are jello but feels damn good to be getting back at it!
  • Options
    Keeping the thread alive! Don’t fall victim to heart disease or laziness! B) Yesterday ran the usual 3/4 ascending grade mile @ about 8:00 flat! Offical pace I believe was in low 7’s high 6’s. Then did hill from hell 3 laps another .75 of a mile. Oh to add to the enjoyment this was in 95* full sun on fresh blacktop!!

Thinking of running today to turn on the heat instead of EOD, maybe just do a mile then keep kicking everything up.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    dug the vines and roots out of the new potato patch and tilled it, planted the spuds and covered with compost. Next will be about 6" of straw, more as they grow. Didn't get to mowing and looks like we won't have to for the next 5 days:
    https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php

I like productive exercise.
  • Options
    Ran the big loop in the neighborhood, only ran it twice in 10 years or so since highschool days, it’s brutal! Data below

Need to figure out Howe to use this WalkOmeter app, there’s no run setting so calorie burn is way inaccurate... so is elevation change, from this graph, you can see the pace change the more I suffer lol

• Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    Ran the big loop in the neighborhood, only ran it twice in 10 years or so since highschool days, it’s brutal! Data below

Need to figure out Howe to use this WalkOmeter app, there’s no run setting so calorie burn is way inaccurate... so is elevation change, from this graph, you can see the pace change the more I suffer lol

I think I passed you.. did you have that 70's sweat band on your head. Hahaha 
  • Options
    I could have used one with all the sweat burning my eyes