Home General Discussion

What stinks in my crawl space???

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

LETS PLAY A GAME!!!!

There is an odor coming out of our hallway closet. It smells like poop and rot. The closet has been emptied and nothing is in there. The crawl space upon first review comes up dusty with bug carcasses.... What could the stink be? It is MUCH heavier in the crawl space.

I wont get a chance to get under my house till tonight after work. sooooooooo PLACE YOUR GUESSES!!!!! :-) Lets have some fun! First person to make the correct guess gets a blind fiver from me.

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To quote the dogs from the movie 'Up', SQUIRREL!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raccoon
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mountain of mouse poo, or a skunk.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

Took the foam insulator blocks out form the crawl space openings... Letting it air out till tonight. lol

Keep the guesses coming and ill let ya know tomorrow! :-)

• WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Rotting poo .....
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead rat/mouse
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Great idea for the contest :) Hope this isn't what you found but my guess would be a possum that had died. Had one in my attic once and it was a pain in the butt to get out. And those things have some big teeth.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A human
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    cat
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cat. They have a tendency to hide if they are dying.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:

Since 'cat' has been posted already... would you like to cast another suspect stinker? lol
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a rabbit stink up a house once. That's my guess.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The frog is back!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Dang, we posted at the same time. I will go with a dead snake.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Stubble said:
    The frog is back!!

I am half tempted to call this whole thing off and dub Stubble as the winner for his response. lol!!!!!!! D@mn frog. LMAO!!!!!

Im gonna die laughing if its a frog.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DZR's socks.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A terrible towel from PA.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darrins panties @skydiverD
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Wylaff said:
    wylaff can have cat.....i've won plenty of contests 
    Lol. I have a good feeling about snake now. Cat is yours sir  B)

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A snake that ate a cat.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    If Peter wins with that one I'll throw in another 5er...

Also, and this may be anti climactic, but I'll throw the guess of dry rot out there.

edited January 2016
    Wylaff said:
    Also, and this may be anti climactic, but I'll throw the guess of dry rot out there.
    BOOOOOO

someone needs to take septic tank as their guess.....
    For some reason I kept thinking attic. I actually laughed out loud at the stupidity of a septic system leaking into the attic. I feel like an idiot...

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    A gopher. 
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    A wedge of Blue Stilton
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Does the stink go away, when you're not in there??
    if so, it's you!