Home General Discussion

What stinks in my crawl space???

124»

Comments

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gas mask from military surplus problem solved
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    How often do you need to go in the crawl space?  Is the smell making it from the crawl space into the house?  Being cheap and lazy, if it were my house, I'd have the pipes fixed, and let any of the organic material that is now stinking simply decompose and go away.  No harm, no foul.  At least after a little while.

The washing machine, kitchen sing and dishwasher run through that pipe... we would have to wait for everything to dry out (according to the cleaning crew) if we let it naturally take its course, it would take upwards of a month and the smell would be an issue as well as the bio-hazard risks. No plumbing company will work in the standing water and goo to fix the pipes unfortunately and I cant justify doing my dishes in our bath tub and using a laundrymat for a month
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This thread made me lmfao thanks for that guys!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66 said:it would take upwards of a month and the smell would be an issue as well as the bio-hazard risks. 
    (EPA agent) "We're with government and here to help"

After reviewing all the posts again... I will dub the winner with the response of 'Cracked Sewer Line'. As this is the closest guess that fits our situation. :-) Congrats Big"nBall"n you will have a message in your inbox shortly asking for your info!

The cleaning people finished their job last night. We now have the massive HEPA filter in the house (which is so loud we have to yell to communicate), 4 fans in the crawl space, one vent fan outside the crawl space and a dehumidifier that forced me to move my humi in fear of compromising my cigars. lol Plumbers will be out Saturday to fix the pipe and we will be functioning like normal be end of the weekend.

• AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Sweet jesus.  I'm sorry to hear.  Hope the cleanup and repair is quick and easy.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    bet the smell lingers too! sorry buddy!
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What were the winnings?  Enquiring minds want to know!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Cigars. LOL!!!!! I don't know if he posted a pic of them anywhere. I wasn't specifically looking at the time.
    Heck.... I cant even remember....
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well....I hope everything is back to normal. 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Mold, better late than never.
    Yeah.... everything got taken care of. new pipes under the house, no smell, clean crawl space and new lining under the house. So all is good.  Spent more money on it that I wanted.... didn't have a choice. Sadly it took over my cigar funds for the time being.... But luckily its been wet and cold so I haven't had much time to smoke.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALSO Home owners insurance wont cover ANYTHING... No coverage on the cleanup or the plumbing repairs... So my savings account is now empty.
    Yep, *unfortunately.*

Unless you have the "additional" sewer and drain coverage, all normal home owners policies don't cover this type of claim.

Sucks, I know.  But that's standard across all insurance companies.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv said:
    ALSO Home owners insurance wont cover ANYTHING... No coverage on the cleanup or the plumbing repairs... So my savings account is now empty.
    Yep, *unfortunately.*

Unless you have the "additional" sewer and drain coverage, all normal home owners policies don't cover this type of claim.

Sucks, I know.  But that's standard across all insurance companies.

It is what it is sadly. im glad nothing major happened to the structure and stability of the house. Otherwise insurance would have gotten involved and taken 87 times longer than it did lol

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.... everything got taken care of. new pipes under the house, no smell, clean crawl space and new lining under the house. So all is good.  Spent more money on it that I wanted.... didn't have a choice. Sadly it took over my cigar funds for the time being.... But luckily its been wet and cold so I haven't had much time to smoke.
    Does this mean you're running low, and don't know what to do about picking up some stogies?
    reggie713 said:
    Does this mean you're running low, and don't know what to do about picking up some stogies?

That is not what I am saying.... LOL! I am saying I still have cigars and just was not able to go out to my occasional weekend cigar lounge time. lol
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh ok! Thanx for clarifying! People get jumpy around here!
    reggie713 said:
    Oh ok! Thanx for clarifying! People get jumpy around here!

OH I KNOW THAT!!!! Lol.... im glad you mentioned that cause I had not read (or typed) it to be construed as such. Don't need someone blasting the crap outta my mailbox! Unless it was Opus X filled... ;-)