Home General Discussion

What stinks in my crawl space???

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713 said:
    So it is you!!! Do I win? Lol
    Ha! I was just looking back to see who said that.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Will investigate further tomorrow. 
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Mouse in the wall somewhere? 

The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
    Having someone come out and check our pips tomorrow. The smell is getting kinda bad. I don't know if I missed it or something. :-(
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm Chris, sounds like a dead animal in a heating vent to me. Any kids missing a pet turtle? LOL
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Chupacabra, amirite?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Hmmm Chris, sounds like a dead animal in a heating vent to me. Any kids missing a pet turtle? LOL
    Happened like that to me once, dead cat in a duct.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I didn't guess, so does that count as 'nothing'?

but I just got my first comment badge. Hi folks.

someone already guessed mice in the wall. I've got mice in the wall of my shop and every time the vent fan is turned on it sucks the most horrendous barnyard smell into the room.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @silvermouse !

Pop on over to the welcoming thread and introduce yourself!

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/3027/the-newbie-welcoming-thread#latest
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Wylaff , heading over there now to do some reading and post an intro.
    OOOOOOOOK I couldn't get anyone to come out and check out the situation for a reasonable price due to weekend rates. Might have someone out tomorrow.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does not sound good, something or something's may be dead in your wall.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Or someone...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    ALRIGHT!!!! ESTIMATE FROM PLUMBERS WILL TAKE PLACE BETWEEN 1-3PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME! Lets see who will end up with the fiver! lol
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say $250. 
    If we are guessing on what it will cost.
    Also, are we playing price is right rules?
    I will scroll through the comments tomorrow to find the winner... 

Results - the main line in our house rotted through. Our washing machine, kitchen sink and dishwasher have all been partially draining into or crawl space. Oils, food particles and stagnant water are festering under our house. Lol clean up crew coming out tomorrow to clear out space for the plumbers to replace the piping. 
    Yuck!

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds pricey! Offer to help wearing your kilt.
    So.... slight dilemma... No one had a correct answer. Closest guess was from Big"nBall"n witn 'Cracked sewer line'... Twasnt  a sewer line and it wasn't cracked.... LOL!!!! What say you all? Technically it was the closest since almost all the others involved something dead or someones under-garments. lol
    Did I miss one that was closer?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won bro
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
     Oils, food particles and stagnant water are festering under our house = Rotting Poo
     Oils, food particles and stagnant water are festering under our house = Rotting Poo

rotting poo would be coming from the toilet... but that's just me lol
    ALSO Home owners insurance wont cover ANYTHING... No coverage on the cleanup or the plumbing repairs... So my savings account is now empty.
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    I found from past experience, home owner policies are riddled with loop-holes.
    I found from past experience, home owner policies are riddled with loop-holes.

Aint that the truth.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But your covered for a zombie apocalypse 
    Which is good because one is on the way.

Zachariah 14:12-13

o:) 

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How often do you need to go in the crawl space?  Is the smell making it from the crawl space into the house?  Being cheap and lazy, if it were my house, I'd have the pipes fixed, and let any of the organic material that is now stinking simply decompose and go away.  No harm, no foul.  At least after a little while.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis