Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't say.

• Options

Mind-boggling, innit?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

One shouldn't need to lie to make political policy points. F'in two-year-olds:

Biden’s False Attacks on Trump’s Social Security ‘Plan’
    A Biden campaign TV ad falsely claims that a government analysis of President Donald Trump’s “planned cuts to Social Security” shows that “if Trump gets his way, Social Security benefits will run out in just three years from now.”

President Trump Tweets Doctored Video of Opponent, Edited to Replace Audio to Make it Appear that Vice President Biden Plays Controversial Song "F*** the Police" by 90s Rap Group NWA at Campaign Event
    Biden actually played the 2019 hit "Despacito"

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have discovered that it takes on average four different sources to get the actual facts and the whole story these days. It's very messed up how "they" "influence" the masses. Then "they" **** when someone else does the same.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Patrickbrick said:
    I have discovered that it takes on average four DIFFERENT sources to get the actual facts and the whole story these days. It's very messed up how "they" "influence" the masses. Then "they" **** when someone else does the same.

FIFY

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    I have discovered that it takes on average four different sources to get the actual facts and the whole story these days. It's very messed up how "they" "influence" the masses. Then "they" **** when someone else does the same.

I'm more amazed by the fact that they all can out and out lie and nothing is done.
    No retractions, no remorse, no concern that anything is even remotely correct. Nothing.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Patrickbrick said:

I'm more amazed by the fact that they all can out and out lie and nothing is done.
    No retractions, no remorse, no concern that anything is even remotely correct. Nothing.

Softcore Jade Helm.....the primer.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Besides all of the lies, has anyone noticed how little international news has been shown?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:
    Besides all of the lies, has anyone noticed how little international news has been shown?

Yeah, cause they might show some true crap and we can't have that.
    Besides, most countries are laughing at the US right now.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

Yeah, cause they might show some true crap and we can't have that.
    Besides, most countries are laughing at the US right now.

YES!! Like, are we still in Afghanistan? Got troops stationed all over the world? Does anyone at MSNBC, CNN, HLN, ANYONE Give a Flying Flip?

I'm in danger of crossing over into JD's dragonfever right now.

See next post.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife and I gave contributions to both major parties, as well as being a member of the Libertarian Party for awhile. This means we, now I, get the propaganda from all sides.

Recent propaganda from the Biden Campaign, President Trump has Failed to protect YOU from the corona virus.

Horseshitt

It's not his job to protect me from disease. It may be his job to inform us of known dangers, but it's YOUR JOB to protect yourself, using an ancient technique that helped many of your ancestors survive.

Common Sense.

I have to stop now. My back hurts and I've self medicated early in the day. The rants can be tornadic.

Oomm, oom, om....

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^ Count to 10, pull the trigger at 8. They never expect that.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would people try to get one over on their god?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Why would people try to get one over on their god?

Form supersedes function.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Going to xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx once a week dupes everyone

Post edited by jd50ae on
  • Options

President Trump Tightens Sanctions on Cuba–No Cigars, No Rum and No Hotel Lodging for Americans
    New restrictions, which go into effect tomorrow, also ban the purchase of Cuban cigars in third-party countries such as the U.K., France and Canada

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/president-trump-tightens-sanctions-on-cuba-no-cigars-no-rum-and-no-hotel-lodging-for-americans

• Options

But I get my CUBANS from Switzerland....

• Options

Shhhhh. That is info that should not be brought to the attention of the government.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Shhhhh. That is info that should not be brought to the attention of the government.

Hope this does not cause Trump to lose.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, when the historians write the chapter on Trump, this will be where he went wrong.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Tossing a bone to the ex-pat Cuban-Americans in Florida.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Yeah, when the historians write the chapter on Trump, this will be where he went wrong.

That's just so effin funny!

• Options

• Options

Sounds about right for Seattle. Liberals constantly make me shake my head in disbelief at their stupidity.

• Options

I guess the fing idiots in seattle will hire drug dealers as business consultants, if they haven't already.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

The thread name is true. You really can't make this stuff up

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5