Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/donald-trump-taliban-us-election-afghanistan-b959629.html

Taliban denies endorsing Donald Trump
    Afghan militant group says CBS misrepresented its words

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/donald-trump-taliban-us-election-afghanistan-b959629.html

Just get the eff out of asscrackistan & stop getting young fellers' legs blown off.
    Just do it already.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited October 2020

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@0patience said:

Just get the eff out of asscrackistan & stop getting young fellers' legs blown off.
    Just do it already.

Certain politicians do not want us out of conflicts or wars.
    They make money off of conflicts.
    Can you imagine the cost savings to the American public if our troops were here in the US?
    Can you imagine the losses that some companies, who lobby politicians, who make money at conflicts, would lose?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Mazie Hirono,

Democrat senator from Hawaii, asked this woman:

Judge Amy Coney Barrett

this question:

Since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors or committed any verbal or physical harassment or assault of a sexual nature?

... in front of her children

This is your Congress at work.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ The Democrats are at a loss. Their standard playbook reference regarding nominations by any party other than their own is to smear the individual with scandalous accusations. The truth matters not at all. What counts is the points made against the "enemy" in the public forum. The average citizens mentality is primeval, "guilty until proven innocent". Thus, the game is won by innuendo.

The Dem's quandry:

What to do? The nominee has no peenis! However shall we proceed?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

We need Pelirojo to return to the forum. Lacking that, we need some new leftist member to step up. All we get is alt-right grump. We need the other side of the argument, explained in terms we can understand.

I, for one, dreadfully need someone who can explain to me why Orange Man Bad excuses any & all lies & misbehavior. But the list goes on and on...

• Why, for example, would the world be a better place if Cheetoh Jesus had died of Covid?
    • Why is Amy racist for adopting a couple of black orphans?
    • Is Joe truly up to the job, you think? Seriously?
    • What makes Kamala smirk?
    • Who killed Epstein?
    • What is Jim Acosta trying to prove?
    • Why did the Mayor of Moscow's widow pay Hunter $3.5 mil?
    • Is one Nobel for election better than three nominations for peacemaking?
    • What makes voter fraud a good idea whose time has come?
    • For that matter, has there ever been a single infamous political machine in this country that has NOT been Democrat? (c.f. the KKK, Jim Crow, Huey Long in Louisiana, the Daly Machine, and even the iconic Tammany Hall). One? Ever? Why?
    • Why is more war more better?
    • Why is Hillary still not in jail?
    • Is there any end to questions like these?

These puzzles keep on stacking up and stacking up and up. It gets puzzlinger day by day. Where is someone who can explain?

Cause I don't get it.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

wish there was an insightful+lol button ^

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

@silvermouse said:

I would much rather Davis go to facebook to reach enlightenment than bring more of that crap here. Just my maybe not so humble opinion.

You alt-right grumpster you.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

opinions are self-imposed constraints
    a form of voluntary servitude
    be kind
    be care-ful

• Options
    edited October 2020

@Stubble said:

@silvermouse said:

I would much rather Davis go to facebook to reach enlightenment than bring more of that crap here. Just my maybe not so humble opinion.

I agree with you that I take it too far. I apologize, Stubble.

Problem is, I have given up smoking store bought gars, so I just have nothing more to say about the latest AJ permutation. And beside that, I cannot imagine a more entertaining time to talk politics. Can you? I mean, don't you sometimes just want to walk into the CNN studio and ask "Dude, do you feel all right? Did you fall down and bump your head?"

Tell you what, I will make a conscious effort to post more amazing news like this:
    https://youtu.be/Wh5TUlzBwLw

Cause a 12 year old creating nuclear fusion... you just can't make that up!

... and more gar pics like this:

Cause you're never gonna see a gar with Pelo de Oro ligero & viso, along with tasty Criollo seco, bound in Dominican Olor, and wrapped in Ecuador shade ligero! Nope, you can't make that up unless you rolled it. (Still damp right off the table, so the color is a bit blotched.)

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

@webmost No need to apologize, ever. I don't think you take too far. You talk about politics a lot for sure, but I can't recall you taking it too far. Others do cause chaos here and seem to enjoy spreading hate and discontent.
    That's what I personally would like to see stop, that's all. I love to poke and needle folks just like everyone else, so pick up a rock and toss it at my glass house!!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

This bird was tracked flying NON-STOP 11 days from Alaska to New Zealand:

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/bird-breaks-nonstop-journey-record-with-epic-flight-from-alaska-to-new-zealand/

So, the blotches went away real nice

• Options

Ring of fire: I tried the new ghost pepper doughnut from Dunkin'
    These days, even desserts hurt.
    By Kara Baskin Globe Correspondent,Updated October 15, 2020, 10:20 a.m.

Why: To set one’s throat afire with the chain’s newest invention.

The backstory: There are many things I have done in the name of honest journalism, but perhaps none so courageous as sampling a spicy ghost pepper doughnut from Dunkin' on an empty stomach. A spackle of cayenne-and-ghost-pepper spice mix dusted with strawberry icing that looks like unicorn hair dye, this is one of the weirdest things I’ve ever eaten. It’s finished with red sanding sugar, designed either to evoke flames or Lionel Richie’s 1980s wardrobe.

Dunkin' unveiled the treat this week to usher in what will surely be the weirdest Halloween on record. Spicy fast foods are a trend lately, because pain is just part of our lives now: McDonald’s, for instance, recently introduced spicy chicken McNuggets. But that makes sense, at least — spicy chicken is an intuitive culinary choice.

• Options
    edited October 2020

Well, so here I go again: politics alert

Here's a precis of the story:

Hunter Biden dropped off a couple laptops at a DullAware puter repair shop last Winter. Any puter repair shop, first thing they do, they back up everything... SOP. So puter guy did. Repaired the laptops, but no one ever returned to pick them up.

Intrigued by all the news about Hunter & Ukraine this summer, puter guy went looking thru these backups. He found emails between Hunter & his Burisma contacts, and he also found child prawn. So he contacted the cops. But it was the FBI who called him back. He gave them a copy. Some FBI dude called him up two weeks later saying don't breathe a word to anyone. Right about "don't tell anyone", puter guy got scared. He was afraid he might wind up like Seth Rich. (Seth, remember, was the Clinton campaign guy who Julian Assange implied had leaked her emails. Two weeks later, Seth's body was found shot twice in the back. Official story remains that he was shot in a robbery, but Rich's wallet containing a couple hundred bucks and his Rolex were still on his body.)

So, puter guy asked friends what he should do. One suggested he contact Giuliani. Puter guy sent a copy of the goods to Giuliani's lawyer for safekeeping, hoping this would ensure him a lifeline. Next thing you know, Congress has copies of the emails and the New York Post publishes them. Facebook and Twitter don't want you to see them. They've banned the NY Post, everyone who has linked to the NY Post report, including McEnneny, and even banned links to the page at house.gov where Congress reported these emails.

Four reporters from the Daily Beast showed up at that Delaware computer repair shop recently, to grill puter guy. The poor puter cat is nervous as a cat. He repeats over and again that he doesn't want to wind up another Seth Rich. A whole lot of "no comment"s. The reporters, on the other hand, seem to believe Epstein hung his own self. They cannot conceive why this puter repair slob would not implicitly trust the FBI, nor why he would fear the fate of, say, the guy at the Arkansas junkyard many years back, who found a check for $28 grand made out from Whitewater to Slick Willy in the trunk of a junked Lincoln, kissed his wife goodbye, and promptly died in an "accident".

Anyhoo, here's the recording of the interview!:

An article at notthebee:
    https://notthebee.com/article/man-who-had-bombshell-info-on-hunter-biden-feared-for-his-life-im-pretty-vocal-about-not-wanting-to-get-murdered

Another from the Daily Beast:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/man-who-reportedly-gave-hunters-laptop-to-rudy-speaks-out-in-bizarre-interview?ref=scroll

Added Bonus!

Chinese billionaires leaked the same story weeks before!
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/chinese-billionaires-network-hyped-hunter-biden-dirt-weeks-before-rudy

I tell you, what a time to be alive!

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only way the Dems can gain and hold power is through illegal means.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

• Options