Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

An armed society is a polite society.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    An armed society is a polite society.

R. Heinlien one of my favorites.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

@webmost said:

@ShawnOL said:
    Are you asking if men are turning into pu**ies? Yes. Started in the 60s, has increased drastically since.

Obviously... But why?

It's the soy products they contain female hormones.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miller65rod said:
    Is anyone moving to Canada if the Cheeto Messiah loses?

I know a good realtor there if needed.

That wouldn't make any sense; Canada is already what the US would be under Biden, maybe worse.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

@miller65rod said:

That wouldn't make any sense; Canada is already what the US would be under Biden, maybe worse.

MMM

Whose Canada locking up this week? I have lost count here.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miller65rod said:

@peter4jc said:

@miller65rod said:

MMM

Whose Canada locking up this week? I have lost count here.

Anyone who refuses to use the "preferred pronoun", way Jordan Peterson tells it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miller65rod said:

Nope, I am going to stay here and support republicans slamming him every chance they get. Like when he forgets where he is or who he is running against again.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

This seems to be the biggest effort the media has ever put forth to get their preferred candidate elected that I've ever seen.

• Options
    edited October 2020

@ShawnOL said:
    This seems to be the biggest effort the media has ever put forth to get their preferred candidate elected that I've ever seen.

And/or to get their arch-enemy out of office.

And it's good to remind myself that "the media" isn't some nebulous force that exists for good or for evil, but rather is the active arm and presence of the ideologue owners of those media companies. It isn't only that the reporters and journalists and editors etc. that are overarchingly left-leaning, it's the people who own those businesses that drive their message. And it's that message that gives their existence meaning.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Can I ask a question? Why are so many of you consuming the media that you complain about? Especially the televised crap. You all know it's biased, so why pay attention to it? There are smaller news outlets that will actually provide independent coverage. They're harder to find, but they exist, and they aren't on cable. The problem with them is that half the time it's going to make you angry when it criticizes something about your party. Like if there's people out there who think CNN or Fox News is unbiased then that's a different problem. You all know that those channels are meant to entertain though. Yet every day there's stuff on here about "the media". We still have free press (for now), you don't have to watch the state tv channels unless you enjoy being angered or pandered to. Just my thoughts.

Cause what better stuff to post stuff in the "you just can't make this stuff up, than the stuff the media makes up? :D

There are times I go look, just to see how far they will go.
    Sometimes, it's pretty far and comical.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

@ShawnOL said:

And/or to get their arch-enemy out of office.

And it's good to remind myself that "the media" isn't some nebulous force that exists for good or for evil, but rather is the active arm and presence of the ideologue owners of those media companies. It isn't only that the reporters and journalists and editors etc. that are overarchingly left-leaning, it's the people who own those businesses that drive their message. And it's that message that gives their existence meaning.

Much of todays media is owned by Bloomberg. If you dig and follow the money trail, most USmedia outlets are owned or partially owned by Bloomberg

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Can I ask a question? Why are so many of you consuming the media that you complain about? Especially the televised crap. You all know it's biased, so why pay attention to it? There are smaller news outlets that will actually provide independent coverage. They're harder to find, but they exist, and they aren't on cable. The problem with them is that half the time it's going to make you angry when it criticizes something about your party. Like if there's people out there who think CNN or Fox News is unbiased then that's a different problem. You all know that those channels are meant to entertain though. Yet every day there's stuff on here about "the media". We still have free press (for now), you don't have to watch the state tv channels unless you enjoy being angered or pandered to. Just my thoughts.

I don't watch much of it, just enough to see how they're twisting things or selectively reporting. My main concern is seeing how their fake/biased stuff has such a big impact on the people who swallow the poison.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Angst sells.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

The problem is that there are millions of people out there being bombarded by leftist propaganda from most every media outlet. If one only watches TV then that person's mind is only being influenced by one side. The old saying "tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth".

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many people decide who to vote for because of political ads? I can think of a lot of good used for the money spent:

Spending on races for president, the Senate and the House of Representatives will add up to $14 billion this year — double the amount of four years ago.

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pardon my Frenchie.

Dem dare politikans need to b outsssteed.

I sur sum willl gets a booner frum dat

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options

Greatest thing about technology is not having to watch commercial, don't remember the last one I watched for anything. Everything in this country is political and you only have two choice for voting on anything. I'd like to see 7-9 effective political parties, that would require compromise and a more effective government.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like how YouTube asks who you plan to vote for when you’re signed in. At least there’s a I’m not telling you option

• Options

Ranked choice voting solves the problem of 3rd-party candidates being 'spoilers'. It is on the Massachusetts ballot this year. I hope it passes.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

The way the rules are written we can only replace about 60% of the goverment at each election. Allows for some continuity, I s'pose.

If you think of government as a glass full of cesspit water (not a hard stretch) and you replace 60 % of that with fresh water, are you drinkin' it? If voting really mattered, we wouldn't be allowed to.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love when people say "if you don't like their policies, vote them out". I would love to, however if they are unopposed, or the other option is a known criminal, (same as the currant) what do you do. This is the Illinois way, and it is no accident or coincidence. Same thing with the president, look who "they" roll out for us. Well said Rodney.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    The way the rules are written we can only replace about 60% of the goverment at each election. Allows for some continuity, I s'pose.

that's so there are 40% that the other, new, 60% will have people to turn to who know which lobbyists have the deep pockets.